Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 240 ]  [ Total: 240 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Answering door nude.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble
Page: of 18

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  6:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's NOT worth the risk to answer door nude. I slip on some shorts when doorbell rings.

Naturally, Lester

sparkydjm
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  7:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PubicDreadCocks

I have had a few problems answering the door nude in the past:

A few weeks ago I answered the door naked to find my neighbor there with his cat. After casually talking about the weather, the cat saw my pubic dreadlocks, jumped up and grabbed onto them. Since my locks are so thick his claws and paws got stuck and it took a few minutes to unlatch him from me. I don't answer the door nude anymore.

while probably untrue..it made me laugh!!

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  10:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If only everbody answered their DOOR as they are Nude, because they enjoy it,they could care less what they think. Wouldn't it be great. Place a sign on the door, WELCOME Must be NUDE to come in, or GET NAKED and leave them some hangers. If we all did it who'd be Normal.

go n nude

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  11:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course one of the give-away signs that someone is naturist is the gender-neutral house-coat hanging on the back of the front door!

And there is always the possibility of putting a label above the doorbell. Maybe something like

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  10:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a splendid idea Agde I like that one!!

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  11:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by agde

Of course one of the give-away signs that someone is naturist is the gender-neutral house-coat hanging on the back of the front door!

And there is always the possibility of putting a label above the doorbell. Maybe something like

I like the idea of putting a sign above the doorbell; however that is conditional. I have non-supportive friends who would judge me.

The problem with slipping on some shorts is that the visitor is quick to conclude that nobody is home and then leave. The sign advises to hang on while I slip on some clothes.

Naturally, Lester

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  12:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the idea of this naturist sign, if you have declared your public/social nudity. We have not. However, we have a simple phone-based intercom with our doorbell, not only to help identify the unexpected, and sometimes unwanted, visitor(s), but to advise them as to our ability to answer the door in a few moments, or not at all.

As I live nude and barefooted, the shorts go on fast (without underwear). So far, no problem. No evidence of being a nudist, although they might suspect I was unclothed when they arrived. Such helps hasten the departure of the unwanted, especially proselytizers.

Jim in Boston
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  9:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JustJim

I think any normal, reasonable person would readily understand that if you live anywhere but at a nudist facility you simply can't randomly open your door nude without expecting major problems from the law enforcement agencies.
This idea that you're on your own property and therefore your "rights" to do what you want are totally your decision is ridiculous. You can't murder anyone on your personal property, you can't physically abuse your wife or kids on your personal property, and it follows that you can't open the door to a group of Girl Scouts selling cookies while you're in the nude because you are a "nudist".
I enjoy this forum in most cases but sometimes the thought processes of some who claim to be nudists makes you shake your head in disbelief. I'm well aware that for me to practice nudity I have to do it WITHIN the confines of my home with reasonable care not to "flash" unsuspecting and unwilling neighbors/visitors...or I have to drive to the nudist facility I belong to so I can be nude with like-minded people who expect nudity.

JustJim

You must be kidding. Not wearing some gear is not he same as beating up your wife or kids. Why should some group of vendors assume they have a claim on what I am wearing when they knock on my door?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  09:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim in Boston, It is not the same as an assault, but it is still not legal in many places if you can be seen from the public right-of-way.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Jim in Boston
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  9:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Jim in Boston, It is not the same as an assault, but it is still not legal in many places if you can be seen from the public right-of-way.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

I do have to admit that I am unsure of exactly what Massachusetts law says, but I am aware of a case in Cambridge (it was a few years ago) in which a woman was charged with something like indecent exposure for sitting on her balcony nude. At trial (she was a lawyer) she cross-examined the cop who said he observed her being naked with the question, "and did you enjoy that?". She was aquitted. I don't think any one gets prosecuted around here unless they actually are doing something wrong, like suddenly exposing themselves to unwitting women or children.

That said, I still wrap a towel around before going to get the newspaper in the morning. But I resent the necessity.

beachalive
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  11:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I am usually nude in my home, I don't answer the door nude. While I enjoy being able to go without clothing, I don't want to shock or insult anyone. I consider the fact that my drive is not fenced and gated kind of implies an invitation to my door. As a result, I just keep a pair of shorts handy and slip them on if the doorbell rings. Even if its a friend of mine, I just consider it a common courtesy.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  5:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The times have changed, after decades of being secret Nudists, because of the stigma, being jugded wrongfully if you enjoyed nudism.
The public didn,t understand because they didn't know any Nudists and their imaginations were their reality. Cult, Hippy Haven and worse they called this Lifestyle.Thanks to the web and more the list is too long, but people understand and respect you, just the same regardless if Your a Nudist and the ones that love you, will surprise you .
Children should never go door to door selling anything .Unfortunately thats proven deadly.
People who go nude will surprise many in their Life, unintentional of course .GRIN AND BARE IT!

go n nude

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  10:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy, just 2 nites ago on OLN network, They interviewed a bookstore owner who refuses to wear clothes. While attending to the shop,wearing just a hat and boots. I'm sure they have a warning sign and the buisness was booming, shopping in the Nude, Who'd complain,and no one minded. As I was remote hopping, I just caught it in progress and it was in the good old U.S. of A. TX>AR ??? D>K>
Possible sign leave your clothes and cares outside, Welcome All.

go n nude

NudeAndHappy

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  6:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to PUSH the fact that I believe that being naked is a basic human right however I am not that arrogant - perhaps I should be!

As I get older I tend to go nude more often in public places than before (non-nudist beaches etc) however, I do not wish to embarrass my family or friends so, locally, I exercise some restraint. The postman is used to seeing me naked or nearly so but he calls at a regular time so I know when to expect him - I am dressed when others call.

Gerry

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  9:59:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I will start answering the door nude when I live at a nudist resort. Until I do I will put something on unless I know the person I open the door to will not be offended.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Edited by - NudeAl on 09/06/2007 3:51:25 PM

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved