Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 461 ]  [ Total: 461 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Beach
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2002 :  4:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gunnisons Beach is part of the Sandy Hook Gateway National Seashore and is a long, wide, beautiful beach. During the summer months the beach averages 5000 nude/topless friendly people on weekdays and approx 8000 on weekends. We live 50 mins from the beach and therefore do not stay in hotels. However, there are several hotel/motels in the area. The Fairbanks Motel in Sea Bright NJ is the closest (5 mins). It is an older establishment with clean rooms and an excellent Portugese restaurant (Marisol) next door. The other hotels are a 15 min away. The Macintosh is in West Long Branch NJ, The Red Roof Inn and Holiday Inn are in Tinton Falls NJ. The restaurants in the immediate area of the beach are too plentiful to list. In Sandy Hook you have The Seagulls Nest. It is situated on the peninsular with spectacular views and sunsets of the ocean and bay. The food is good but the menu features only beer,well drinks, burgers and sandwiches
Just outside the park along both the ocean and bay there are dozens of fine seafood restaurants that will not disappoint you. All of these places have entertainment daily in the summer and weekends in the fall.

CoolNude72
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2002 :  3:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Send CoolNude72 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have lived in New Jersey until 1997. I now live in beautiful North Carolina and the one thing I miss TERRIBLY is Sandy Hook. That is the first place (from what I can remember) I have been to nudist outside at home (I was born into nudism and is hard to remember when you are that young).

- Ray

otownjeff

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  4:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I went to our first clothing optional beach, which was Gunnison at Sandy Hook. There weren't many ppl there as it was early in the season and not a weekend day. There were mostly men. We settled away from people but some perv parks himself in front of my wife and starts stroking himself. It was disgusting. The one time i looked over he was 90% hard. Made me want to puke. We're hoping when the beach is more crowded the pervs won't feel like they can get away with doing ridiculous things like that.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  4:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When people act inappropriately on the nude beach, you need to stick up for family values, you need to tell them it's inappropriate behaviour.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

otownjeff

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  5:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I honestly considered it. But being my first time there I really didn't feel like it. Unfortunately, it marred the experience for us. Next time I'll probably speak up...

naturalrunner

Posted - 06/04/2003 :  08:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a male 50 and fit new to naturism. I have been nude in nature - alone before. Gunnison Beach will be my first forage into public nudity. I am a bit apprehensive, but I am going to take the plunge if the weather ever warms up. I am concerned though about the last post and latent sexual activity there. I am married and will be going alone as I am off in the summer. Is this common stuff on that beach? I am basically looking to feel the sun and wind on my body and seeking that all over tan and to read and relax.

Edited by - naturalrunner on 06/04/2003 1:37:10 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/04/2003 :  09:29:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Inappropriate behaviour at Sandy Hook is not the norm.

-
-

Bob Coulter

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  5:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beach

Gunnisons Beach is part of the Sandy Hook Gateway National Seashore and is a long, wide, beautiful beach. During the summer months the beach averages 5000 nude/topless friendly people on weekdays and approx 8000 on weekends. We live 50 mins from the beach and therefore do not stay in hotels. However, there are several hotel/motels in the area. The Fairbanks Motel in Sea Bright NJ is the closest (5 mins). It is an older establishment with clean rooms and an excellent Portugese restaurant (Marisol) next door. The other hotels are a 15 min away. The Macintosh is in West Long Branch NJ, The Red Roof Inn and Holiday Inn are in Tinton Falls NJ. The restaurants in the immediate area of the beach are too plentiful to list. In Sandy Hook you have The Seagulls Nest. It is situated on the peninsular with spectacular views and sunsets of the ocean and bay. The food is good but the menu features only beer,well drinks, burgers and sandwiches
Just outside the park along both the ocean and bay there are dozens of fine seafood restaurants that will not disappoint you. All of these places have entertainment daily in the summer and weekends in the fall.

I've looked for Gunnison?s Beach but can't find it. I see where Sandy Hook Gateway National Seashore is but where specificly is gunnison's Beach?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  5:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a Google search for "sandy hook nudist beach" and came up with http://vassun.vassar.edu/~fitzwill/naturist/gunn0.shtml

It even has directions.
Regards, Cheri

-
-

Bob Coulter

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  7:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is Gunnison's beach completely crowded or are there private areas? I want to do a photo shoot with a nude model on a beach, but I don't want to be in anyones way, or get other people in the shots.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  7:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, You might want to do it very early in the morning then and on a week day.
Regards, Cheri

-
-

naturalrunner

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  5:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Coulter

Is Gunnison's beach completely crowded or are there private areas? I want to do a photo shoot with a nude model on a beach, but I don't want to be in anyones way, or get other people in the shots.

I just came back from Gunnison's Beach this afternoon. It was my first time there. The beach is beautiful and expansive. Maybe it fills on the weekend - today it was not very crowded - compared to Belmar). To answer your question, today was my first time on that beach and nude in public. I sat in the back of the beach and peeled off my shorts right away. The earth did not shake, but I did feel the sun and wind in places where the sun don't shine. I noticed, if you want privacy, the back of the beach is best. Several people couples, females, and males chooose spots and sat off by themselves - no one bothered them at all. As I got brazen, I walked across the beach to the water several times - it was if I was doing something perfectly OK - I was. There were couples of every age and body shape. Several times I said to myself - It doesn't get any better than this - the water was in the 70's. As for me I bought a season pass. Rob

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  7:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Inappropriate behaviour at Sandy Hook is not the norm.

I found this discussion forum last week and it's absolutely fantastic. After reading the present thread, I felt obliged to join and post my first message.

Sorry to challenge you on this subject, Cheri. Inappropriate behavior at Gunnison Beach occurs quite often and it has become so common, very few people speak up and that is sad.

The "pervs" come out like flies no matter what the weather or day of the week. Any average-to-good-looking woman who lays down a towel and disrobes will find at least one guy (usually more) parked nearby within a few minutes, leering at her and very likely gratifying himself in some way. These guys are typically out-of-shape losers who can't get a date the normal way. Baseball caps and dark glasses are favored among them, as they seem to believe these items will conceal what they are up to (so to speak). About half of them wear a bathing suit and the rest get naked, often to make it easier take matters into their own hands.

Not too long ago, my girlfriend and I had a big laugh at the pathetic behavior exhibited during one such situation. A fairly attractive woman was dozed off and sunning herself. One perv, then another, and then a third settled down about 20 feet from her. They were fanned out in a kind of arc whereby each had a view of her crotch area, and view it they did. The funny part, or pathetic part depending on how you think about it, was how they gradually crept up closer to her until they were about 8 to 10 feet away. Then out of nowhere, a guy she knew came up and started talking to her. She stood up and spoke to him for a while, then began to dress herself to go. At that moment, all three pervs got up and left the beach!

Adolescent boys, always clad in silly-looking bathing suits which go from the waist almost to the ankles, commonly roam the "nude" beach in small packs to engage in some casual sight-seeing, although they tend to keep quiet while doing it. But by far, the worst behaved people at Gunnison (please don't be offended, Candy) are Hispanic males ranging in age from their late teens through middle age. These guys begin showing up in groups of 3 to 8 participants around mid-afternoon and, like the adolescents, wear those overly long bathing suits that look more like trousers. Where they differ from the young boys is their in-your-face, brazen attitude when it comes to staring and outright harrassment of women. Plenty of lewd comments regarding the nude women are exchanged in Spanish quite openly, sometimes directly addressing the woman being targeted. Last weekend, a very overweight woman happened to be walking by along the ocean's edge. Not surprisingly, four men began talking loudly (in Spanish) about the woman's appearance and one even called out "Ey! Ey! Gorda!" to her. She either didn't understand the language or was too humiliated to respond.

Groups of Hispanic men are routinely caught attempting to take pictures of nude women and when confronted, their standard excuse is that the camera has no film. That's right, you moron, I can see it's a digital camera. And again last weekend, in one instance, three of them appeared and were very amused at the signs on the back of the lifeguard stands which read Operation Healthy Beach... Take your trash with you... Rules will be enforced. One of the three was holding a drink in a large blue cup, and I could already predict what was going to happen to that cup. Sure enough, my girlfriend and I took a walk and when we returned, the cup was laying in the sand behind the lifeguard stand where the three guys were.

If you enjoy using binoculars and telescopes, Gunnison seems to be the place no matter what your age<

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  10:06:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember seeing that on rec.nude or should I say wrecked.nude !?

That story was also refuted

-
-

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  08:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been going to Sandy Hook (Gunnison's Beach) for a number of years. I can attest to the fact that there are 10% who gawk or behave inappropriately. I have been down there the past two weekends. I have not seen any people doing anything sexual. The worst I have seen this season has been two women urinating in a knee high tidal pool. I have seen the packs of boys or men roving the beach; there are a few guys who will park real close to a woman sunning herself; and there are the tourists. But they are the exception to the rule. Everyone else is friendly and watch out for others. You can go for a long walk and return to your blanket or chair and your stuff is still there--not stolen.

It's a great beach. You can be yourself and relax.

Lorisue

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  5:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested in going to Gunnisons Beach. Can anyone tell me of any nice hotels close by or in walking distance to the Beach ? And is there any other attractions around, just incase of cool weather or rain? Thanks...

Lori sue

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved