Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 476 ]  [ Total: 476 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

naturalrunner

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  08:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lorisue

I am interested in going to Gunnisons Beach. Can anyone tell me of any nice hotels close by or in walking distance to the Beach ? And is there any other attractions around, just incase of cool weather or rain? Thanks...

Lori sue

There are a few nice motels on Route 35 off of Exit 117 on the GSP. As you exit take Rte-35 instead of Rte-36. I think one may be a Best Western or such. It is closer to 117 than the shore so you will not pay summer prices, and it is within 4 miles of the beach which is off of Route 36. That, I think is your best bet. Happy Summer -

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  11:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lorisue:

There are a number of hotels and motels on both Routes 35 and 36. Also, there are number of motels and hotels as you travel south toward Manasquan.

If it is not a great beach day, you can tour the old fort area at Sandy Hook. Farther south on routes 35/71 there are boardwalks (Spring Lake/Sea Girt area, Manaquan area, and Pt Pleasant area)with the usual shops and eateries.

Enjoy your visit to the beach!!

nudistphd

Posted - 07/27/2003 :  11:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Send nudistphd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to Gunnison this Wednesday for the first time. I'm from MN, but I'll be in NJ and will have that day off for beach going. I've been to several nude beaches, including Haulover and Mazo Beach, so I know how to behave! :-)

Anyway, any advice from anyone? Anyone else going to be there. Nude beaches are always more fun with a group. Thanks in advance. AG (nudistphd@yahoo.com)

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  07:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just go and be yourself. People are friendly. It's easy to strike up a conversation with other beach goers. You'll enjoy the beach and it's friendly confines. Have fun!

freefree

Posted - 08/03/2003 :  12:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested in going to Gunnison Beach on a weekday. I don't have a car and would like to go there by public transportation. I was told there is a bus that would take me to the entrance of the park. Is that too far from the beach? What alternative means of public transportation do you know? Any information on this would be appreciated.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2003 :  09:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.geocities.com/bhnyc/

is a website for all NYC beach directions using public transporation

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2003 :  10:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
freefree:

It is about five miles if not more from the front entrance of Sandy Hook to Gunnison's Beach. I'm not aware of any shuttle services within Sandy Hook. Perhaps sending an email to gateway nat'l parks office that supervises Sandy Hook, the rangers may be able to give you some info on Sandy Hook transportation.

good luck!!

thstorm

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  2:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
first time!

hi, I am considering going to gunnison beach this weekend for the first time along with my family. My wife and I are in our early 40's, and we have two daughters in their mid teens, one is 15 and the other is 17. My question is that this is our first time going to one of these places, and we dont really know the policies for taking children. My daughters are corcerned that they will be the only young people their, and it will be like hanging at a old age home. Would it be best to leave them home, or is it a normal occurence to see young men and women their age at gunnison beach.

thanks.

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  3:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go to gunnison's frequently. There are families who visit the beach. The beach is clothing optional so both adults and kids may or may not be in the nude. To be honest, the percentage of children or those under 18 is small. The families that do visit the beach seem to enjoy themselves. It's a great beach; safe. The beach area that is clothing optional is rather long. So it's ideal for walks. Hope this helps.

tj

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  3:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to go to Gunnison beach next week, but I would like to meet someone there , it's not much fun going by yourself ,Im not looking for anything but companionship . If anyone is intrested let me know what day is good for you.TJ

Corvus

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  04:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took the plunge yesterday, going to my very first clothing-optional beach (or, for that matter, clothing optional ANYTHING). It really was quite fun. Swimming in the all-together just feels better. I was worried that I would be self conscious. And I was - for about seven seconds. Next time I'm going to have to get some of my cowardly friends to come with.

Of course, I went on the day before Labor Day. D'oh! Does anyone know how late into the Fall they keep it open, and the best way of getting there once the ferries stop running (I live in NYC, by the way, so I don't have a car)? Or if there's a less expensive way of getting there than by boat ($25 here, $25 there, pretty soon it's real money)? Thanks!

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  09:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
corvus,

Gunnison's is open in the fall. However, it's my understanding talking with others on the beach who are from NYC that the weekend ferry stops Labor Day weekend. I was at Gunnison's Sunday--great day, but water was a bit rough.

Corvus

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  1:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irishred

corvus,

I was at Gunnison's Sunday--great day, but water was a bit rough.

Oh, that's what I enjoyed! I'm much more of a swimmer than I am a sunbather. The bigger the surf the better! I did notice that I seemed to be in the minority in that.

As far as I can tell, the ferry runs to Highlands after Labor Day. Anyone have any idea how to get from there to the beach? I understand it's like 5 or six miles - that's kind of a long way to trudge. Is there a bus or anything? Or at least a place to lock up my bike?

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  4:47:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
corvus there is a shuttle bus. It takes right to beach entrance. It's included in the price.

Corvus

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  7:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went down the the SeaStreak ferry this morning. I asked the guy selling tickets if there was any kind of bus from Highlands to Sandy Hook. He said no. However, here, and on other web sites, I've heard tell of a shuttle bus. Does anyone know the real honest to god, done-it-myself gospel truth? I suppose a bike is a possibility, but that sort of limits what you can bring in. I didn't want to throw away $25 for no reason if I couldn't get to the beach, and - more to the point - I didn't want to get stuck in New Jersey clothed for four or six hours, so I didn't get on the boat.

Does anyone know what the clothing situation is out at Jacob Riis Park? That's where I ended up this afternoon. There were a few topless women and a couple of totally naked men. But they were all blanket huggers - no strollers or swimmers (not that there were many swimmers today - the surf was HUGE.) The vast majority of the denizens were clothed. My understanding is that, since the park is federal land and the federal government has no laws against public nudity, it's legal to be naked there. Is there a designated, or traditional, nude area that anyone knows about? Because, even though Sandy Hook is a bit nicer, it's much easier - not to mention CHEAPER - for most New Yorkers to get to Riis.

Edited by - Corvus on 09/06/2003 7:33:56 PM

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.44 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved