Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 426 ]  [ Total: 426 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/07/2003 :  10:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While there are no Federal laws prohibiting nudity on Federal Land (with the exception of one ordinance at Cape Cod, MA), the Federal Government allows Federal land to be governed by state and/or local law in many jurisdictions. Be sure to check that there aren't any state/local anti-nudity laws that cover this land before assuming that it's safe. Also, as has been discussed previously, the fact that it might be legal in a given location doesn't mean that you won't be arrested by a renegade official (only that the case against you won't be successful if you have adequate representation).

No where does it state that it is legal to be nude at Riis Park.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 09/07/2003 11:08:52 AM

GC

Posted - 09/14/2003 :  11:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any lifts to Gunnison next few weekends?

If there's anyone with wheels who travels to Gunnison Beach from New York on weekends and has room for 2 extra people, please let me know.

I miss the ferry!!!

MyopicVisionary

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  12:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit MyopicVisionary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have always enjoyed my visits to Gunnison. With such a long shoreline, the walk in the surf is terrific! If only they could clear out the broken seashells. But other than that, I have no complaints. I live in Newark, DE and the ride is less than 2 hours. Since I am military, I have the advantage of staying overnight at nearby Fort Monmouth. Ah, the benefits of serving one's country! Nearby Red Bank is a great little town to visit also. And the rest of the Hook is a great place to explore. I recommend the "Going Bunkers" tour.

John M. Clancy
The only bad bodies are ones marred by tanlines

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2003 :  10:29:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
myopic, the shells can be a bother at times, but the long beach and nice water far outweigh those shells.

Red

cxm554

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  12:38:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a 25 year old male looking to go to gunnison with a friend who is 22. are there other people our age there? or will it be all people my parents age.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  09:03:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you will probably find a good mix of people there, but it's probably getting a little cool to enjoy it au naturale right now.

Regards, Cheri

-
-

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  4:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cxm554,

There is a mix at Gunnoson's but the majority are 30 plus. If you go now, off season, you might see older, retired nudists.

Red

devilgurl

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  4:19:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been going to Gunnison Beach for 2 years now. I love the beach, the sand is beautiful and clean, the ocean is wonderful to swim in and I do enjoy my time there. However, I must agree with the posting that stated that there are lots of pervs. It's true, there are! Always! The back of the beach is dotted with older guys by themselves with sunglasses and binoculars. And pardon me as well, but I agree that there is a problem with A LOT of young hispanic men/boys that show up fully clothed and sit on their coolers openly gawking at women and making comments. I also had to deal with a perv that parked his chair in front of me and proceeded to "pleasure himself" while his teenaged son laid in the sand about a foot away from him. I have never seen any misbehavior between two males though. I have seen guys walk around with their pants or shorts around their ankles with co** rings on (and I don't mean piercings). I have witnessed girls getting "ringed" by the many single, pathetic guys that come to the beach by themselves. It is a shame, because it's a great place to hang out. It has its pros and cons. I really want to have someone prove to me that nudism isn't just a part of the swingers scene or the "pervert" scene, but I have yet to have that proven to me. I will continue to go there because it is a lovely beach and one of the few places where I can swim and lay out nude, but I wish it was truly all about nudism and not sexual perversion. I am by far NOT a prude, but I don't think these two things should necessarily go hand in hand. TRUE nudists are nude for the sake of being nude; not with some underlying sexual theme. I wish it could be more like Europe where it's natural from the day you are born. What can we do to separate the two?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  10:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
devilgurl said: really want to have someone prove to me that nudism isn't just a part of the swingers scene or the "pervert" scene, but I have yet to have that proven to me.
=============================================
Nudism is NOT a part of the swingers scene, devilgurl. There are nudists who are probably also swingers since nudism is a cross-section of the population. There are also politicians, doctors, lawyers, elected officials, state employees, taxi cab drivers, accountants, travel agents, air flight employess, nurses, teachers, moms, dads, grandparents, toddlers to teens.
What kind of proof are you asking for?! Get in touch with Friends of Gunnison Beach and get involved in keeping it the family place it is.

Cheri

-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 02/09/2004 10:52:41 PM

gbanude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  11:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Send gbanude an AOL message  Send gbanude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I miss Gunnison very much. I have not been able to go in over 6 yrs. I went for the first time, alone, in the late 80's. I must say that I do not recall overt pervs hanging out. Perhaps the times have changed....too bad.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  12:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Devilgurl,

That's the problem with a public beach. My recommendation is to go with a group of people. That's what we do.

Chic

mrsun_star

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  08:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i want to nude in the ur club . How can i take part ?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  1:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mrsun star, To whom are you directing your message?

Regards, Cheri

-
-

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  10:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
devilgurl, i go to gunnison's beach and yes there are some gawkers, some the guys that stay clothed, and even people with cameras. But it's been my experience also that when solitary women are being bothered or feel uncomfortable with a person or persons on the beach, the regulars do help her out. I know this because I and other more regulars beach goers have done it. I have seen the people with cameras to stop taking pictures and in some cases these people were reported to the guards and park police. Don't let a few jerks deter you from enjoying a day at the beach. Sit near some of the regulars, you'll be okay.

irishred

MyopicVisionary

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  09:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit MyopicVisionary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So much for winter, HELLO SUMMER!

SSG(Ret) John M. Clancy
The only bad bodies are ones marred by tanlines

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved