Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 490 ]  [ Total: 490 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  7:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone!
I haven't been to Gunnison in about a month and its time to go back! I am going back to school soon and I want to go to Gunnison one last time for the summer. I intend on going this Tuesday. I will most likely be alone but my girlfriend may come along if she does not get hung up at work. Anyone else making the trip for Tuesday?

whygana

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  8:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went today and was surprised to find it was free to enter (I later found out it was because President Obama was visiting National Parks so the entry fee was waived at all National parks). The beach was crowded, the sun hot and the water perfect and great people. I, and others, left the beach at 1:30 and the parking lot at 2:00. It took 1:20 to exit the park. The only bad part of a great day.

tombstone
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  9:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been a NJ resident for much of my life but have never been to Gunnison beach before. I once tried out a nude beach in Florida with an ex-girlfriend several years ago. There were hardly any people on the beach because of an offshore hurricane that kept the sky cloudy and the air cool. So, my next interest is to try out Gunnison beach tomorrow morning. I'm in my 40s and my friends think the idea is too weird to them, but I'm going to go anyway even if I go alone which is what I'm going to do. I probably won't socialize while I'm there for my first time, but you're all welcome to say hello to me. My blue beach towel has the Linux penguin on it.

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  10:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Linux penguin's name is TUX - right? Linux even runs on the mainframe now - pretty cool!
Whygana said he left around 1:30-2:00 and it took 1:20. I think I was right ahead of him cause we left about the same time, but it only took about 30 minutes to flee the place, but it was much worse for those behind us because of an accident right on the bridge. Someone going east was sideswiped and was holding everyone up that was going east. They were also holding us up because of that. We were there Sat and Sun and it seems like Saturday was MUCH more crowded than Sunday. We got there at 10 on Saturday and there were only maybe 20 parking spots left in G.

tombstone
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  11:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes TUX is the name. I sometimes play a linux game called TUX. It's a game for boredom.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  09:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope to be there next Thurs (with Revamped!!)

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  10:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, tried to get there today but wife woke up feeling ill. Hopefully be there on Tuesday,Wednesday and Friday barring bad weather

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  12:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a suggestion if you are ever at Gunnison and bad weather strikes. Last week when it started raining, I took a ride around the Hook, to see everything else there was. A very interesting history, military wise. I actually walked up and around Gunnison Battery, some history there, and a great view of the beach I never knew existed. Then, headed over to the lighthouse, and enjoyed that. I am into lighthouses, so might not be everyone's cup of tea. I actually headed as far north as you are allowed and found both Fort Hancock, and a observation platform that probably has a great view on a clear day. Never knew there was a Coast Guard post on the Hook, on the northern tip, and restricted entry. Might as well make the trip around, if nothing else to kill some time, and make the ride worth while. BareNJ

tombstone
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  4:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to Gunnison beach today for the first time. There was barely any traffic in the morning and afternoon. I arrived at the beach just after 11am and left after 2pm (no traffic jams). As for my experience at the beach. I had a good time. I just happened to be situated in an area that was mostly couples and at one point while swimming, I began to feel very single when all of a sudden 5 couples were surrounding me in pods attached together. The water was warm and by 1:30pm there seemed to be a swift current. I was glad to see that I wasn't the only person with very white skin. I saw a range of ages with women and men in their 20s and up.

I feel hooked already and looking forward to return to get more tanned before the end of the summer.

Edited by - tombstone on 08/17/2009 4:42:07 PM

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  7:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BARENJGUY....after the summer and the weather turns a little cooler, the wife and I load our bikes onto the truck and ride the 5mile path from the beginning of the hook to the area where the church(?)is. Also great to walk around where the old battery stations were. There is so much more to the Hook than Gunnison BUT when the weather is right there is nothing like Gunnison

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  8:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm probably going up this Thursday... and of course the following Thursday with Balto Bob. We're one and one so far weather wise at the Hook but had a gorgeous nude day together at a camp in the rolling hills of Maryland this past Saturday.

JoAnn

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  1:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Njyankee, I couldn't agree with you more. When the weather is up to par, no other place to be but on Gunnison Beach. I will have to find a day in the fall or spring, throw my bike onto the rack, and do the 5 miles on the path. I'm always looking for something that is both interesting and keeps me moving. Not sure where the church is, but I'll find it one day. The old barracks along the northern shore look very interesting, but not sure you can go near them, they might be fenced off. There appears to be a few spots on the bay side that can be explored also, just need to time and the right weather to check them out. See you soon, BareNJ

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  6:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone!

Went down the to Gunnison (on a whim) today after work. Got there around 1:20 and left (sadly!) approximately 3 pm.

The sun - when it was out - was SO warm and refreshing. The beach was pretty packed, but nice. The water was perfect! Loved the swim.

Driving out though was a small inconvenience: approximately 40 minutes to get to the bridge. This was at 3 pm. So I can't fathom how bad it would be on a Saturday.

I keep hearing about a "gay section." Let me just say I have no problems with homosexuals whatsoever. But I did decide to go down alone (without the girlfriend) today and met a few interesting males (all harmless!). Just wondering if I wandered toward this section.

The only problem today was the wind! I know now why people bring those wind screens! My arms, towel, and backpack were literally covered in sand! It was not the most pleasant feeling:D

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  7:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey celticbhoy...we left the beach at 2pm, got to out car by 230pm and hit no traffic at all. We got there by 930 and the weather was Hot but not breezy until about 1pm. The water was warm and calm until about the same time it got breezy. Hopefully, we will be able to enjoy a few more days this week.

dtidew..glad we finally got to meet up.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  02:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

The Linux penguin's name is TUX - right? Linux even runs on the mainframe now - pretty cool!
Whygana said he left around 1:30-2:00 and it took 1:20. I think I was right ahead of him cause we left about the same time, but it only took about 30 minutes to flee the place, but it was much worse for those behind us because of an accident right on the bridge. Someone going east was sideswiped and was holding everyone up that was going east. They were also holding us up because of that.

We had the misfortune to be heading north/east on 36 at exactly the wrong time on Sunday.Took us an hour to reach SH from the 7-11 in Sea Bright.A couple of ambulances exited to the south,and another left on a flatbed(!)as we sat steaming in traffic...It kinda sucked.

Once we got on,though,there was no traffic.And the water is SO warm this summer.Worth the trouble,in the net.

Monday and Tuesday were hassle-free,and the weather was perfect.We still have had no problems at all exiting the place,but we never leave before 7:30-8:00.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved