Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 463 ]  [ Total: 463 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  3:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Gang, just found a video on youtube taken the day of the world record skinny dip (July 9) at Gunnison. It is unblurred, very clear, and done in good taste, and you might spot yourself if you know where you were at the time it was shot. Just a brief panoramic look at the water from the edge of the sand. Might be 30 seconds in all. Sorry I wasn't there, but I'll make up for it soon. lol Take care, BareNJ

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  1:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by njyankee60

dtidew...don't stay too far back, try to set up somewhere between the volleyball courts and the beach. Unfortunately,we won't be going, need to catch up on other matters. Enjoy the day.

We got there around 1030 or 11 yesterday. I let my girlfriend decide where she wanted us to be and she decided that the spots in the back of the beach would make us stick out more than hide us. So she decided that we should sit exactly where you just described! We stripped down right away and stayed there for a few hours. She kept talking about how great the day was and thanked me for bringing her there. So thanks everyone for making her first trip comfortable!

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  7:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dtidew....Glad to hear you and your girlfriend had a good time.

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  10:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have any of you Gunnison folks ever been to Lighthouse beach in New York out on Long Island? We want to visit it sometime this summer, probably late September or early October. We were there in April because I was in the area for business, but no one was on the beach. I know the facilities are not as nice as Gunnison. I talked to a person that was from that general area and he talked like it was a highly gay beach (whatever that means). That does not bother us a bit, but we were just curious about any comments others might have. Looks to be several hours past Sandy Hook going east. Not a big fan of the BELT or the LIE but we want to give it a shot.
Have Fun!

pa_cpl64

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  3:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Send pa_cpl64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have been to the beach the last two weeks. Mostly going up for Tuesday afternoon and most of the day Wednesday. We have a great time. We have noticed a few pervs. One that was just stroking himself away not caring if anyone saw him and another just sat under his umbrella fully clothed with binoculars! Unbelievable, but doesn't deter us from having a good time. There will always be those who continue to do what they want whether it is acceptable behavior or not. The only problem with Gunnison Beach is the long walk to get to a place to set up. It is a no wonder most folks congregate to the first lifeguard stand. All in all though we agree it is worth the trip! We plan on going most Tuesday and Wednesdays to avoid the bigger crowd and traffic.

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  9:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Friends,

Balto Bob and I went up to Gunnison yesterday and again today . Yesterday was a total washout weather-wise but we still managed to have a good time. It's surprising how having someone else to share the misery with makes everything ok.

Today we went up again and the weather was gorgeous for the three hours we were there, more than making up for the day before. "Lake Gunnison" near the end of the walkway was as high as I've ever seen it so yesterday's rain, after we left, must have been torrential.

Also, as we were leaving, we heard a report on the radio of an effort this summer by the local establishment to keep the traffic moving off the hook in the afternoons by some sort of hands on coordinated effort involving the police in the towns nearby. It should make it much better for the weekenders. I guess they heard the grumbling and are trying to help. Bob seemed to understand it better than I did and I'm sure he'll do a post on it soon.

And by the way, has anyone heard anything about the final tally from the Guinness attempt?

See you at the beach,
JoAnn

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

jw1
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  08:19:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

Have any of you Gunnison folks ever been to Lighthouse beach in New York out on Long Island? We want to visit it sometime this summer, probably late September or early October. We were there in April because I was in the area for business, but no one was on the beach. I know the facilities are not as nice as Gunnison. I talked to a person that was from that general area and he talked like it was a highly gay beach (whatever that means). That does not bother us a bit, but we were just curious about any comments others might have. Looks to be several hours past Sandy Hook going east. Not a big fan of the BELT or the LIE but we want to give it a shot.
Have Fun!

Lighthouse Beach is on Fire Island. Fire Island has a reputation in the NY area for being heavily gay. That reputation is somewhat overstated. That may have influenced the comments you heard.

Having been to LHB numerous times, on a typical summer weekend the mix of visitors will be mostly hetero couples and singles with some gays as well. But in no way would I classify it as a "gay" beach.

To me the biggest issue with LHB are the lack of conveninent facilities.

Edited by - jw1 on 07/25/2009 08:20:15 AM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  09:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a thread on Lighthouse. Also, the beach is split East-West from the light (the area around the light is NOT C/O). Not sure if 1 side is more Gay or not.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  7:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a question for the ADMIN: Is there a link to the rules for these forums?
The reason I ask is that I belong to the South Florida Free Beaches Association, and in their recent newsletter they had an ad for

"Bare Buns Bikers & Friends of Gunnison invite you to
RIDE NEW ZEALAND A motorcycle tour of a lifetime of New Zealand's South and North Islands' nude beaches on or about Feb. 15 - March 1, 2010. "

Since it was a "Friends of Gunnison" (joint) event, I thought it might be ok to post the link here.
But, I thought I read somewhere that we were not allowed to include links in our posts. Can you comment on this and point us to the rules? I personally have nothing to do with this event but it certainly sounds like something members of this group would like to know about.

Thanks

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  05:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Revamped....official count for Gunnison was 808(as posted on the fog website). I was there and I believe more than that participated but didn't know they had to sign in. when you signed in, you were given a wristband to wear.A lot of dippers around the wife and I were minus these wristbands.

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  4:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's a shame that many didn't know about the sign in... would've increased the count for sure. I was wondering about the official country-wide count for Guinness. I guess it takes time to tally.

JoAnn

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  7:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops my bad. According to the AANR website, it was 12143 (as of July 15) and counting. Still have some clubs to report in

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  3:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all, just wondering if any of you regs at Gunnison have had any green fly issues this summer. Last 2 times I was there, they were no where to be seen. But, both times wind was either from the north, or straight off the ocean, so doubt they would be around. They usually show up when the wind is from the west, off the main land. Anyone who has an encounter with them know how bad they can be, the bites actually hurt when they get a good hold of you. I've heard because of the wet June, they will be bigger and worse than ever before. Curious to see if anyone has a story to tell. BareNJ

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  6:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was there both Thurs and Fri of last week. No flies either time. They are worst in June and July so I guess we made it (I had a BAD time last year).

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  03:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Been there 3 times this year,in late June and into mid-July,and there were a few flies skulking around on each trip.Nothing serious,though.Seems they neither light nor bite if you make no physical contact with the beach.

Wriggle your toes in the sand,and here come the flies...Move your feet over a few inches to the blanket,and they pass you up.Funny critters.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/29/2009 03:26:19 AM

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved