Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 184 ]  [ Total: 184 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  4:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somehow, everything lined up right for me, and made it to Gunnison for the second time this week. The weather cooperated once again, and was even warmer than expected. The water was very rough, with a strong undertoe that pulled you from south to north. Not sure what occured since I was there Wednesday, but there must have been a bad storm at sea. On Wed. the shore line was as always, smooth and sloped towards the water. Today, it was like a step had been built and you needed to be aware of it, or fall and do some serious injury. Was like that pretty much the entire length of the beach. Good crowd again, and most were well behaved. A classic idiot, one most of us regulars know, was there, but everyone kept and eye on him, and he was confronted and kind of slithered off alone. Funny how he is brave till the numbers do him in. No problems at the bridge for a second straight trip, just hope my luck holds out all summer. But again, I did arrive by 9:15, and left around 2:00. See you all, and all of you, soon. BareNJ :)

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  12:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

A classic idiot, one most of us regulars know, was there, but everyone kept and eye on him, and he was confronted and kind of slithered off alone. Funny how he is brave till the numbers do him in.

Please describe the guy,if you have a minute,BNJG.I have pet names for about 6 inveterate gawkers,and I'm curious as to whether he's one I "know".Some of these fellas belong in the Looky-Lou Hall of Fame.(And I'm working all weekend up here,so I could use a diversion.)

Thanks!

shoreguy

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  09:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
been reading this board for some time now. i have been going to gunnison for about 5 years now and i must say yesterday was the best. went with my wife and sat over near the lifeguard house. pervs seemed to be at a minimum. except for the fool who plaanted himself right behind the lg house, put up his oarnge/yellow umbrella and stared up and down the beach with his binoculars while fully dressed. really the ones walking around dont bother us as much as people like this. he must be a private dick!

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  11:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still like the idea of us all taking squirtguns filled with vinegar or cheap cologne or aftershave (or ink) and we each smile and give these pervs a shot as we amble by. After a while, they will get the hint that they are not welcome.

Yes, I know, they are too stupid and insensitive to take a hint - but let's do it anyway!

Admin's note: There is a possibility you could be arrested for technical assault. While we do sympathize with you, we wouldn't recommend that!

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  6:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I usually go to Gunnison on Wed(my day off). I am on vacation this week and went today(Sat) to partake in the AANR skinny dipping record. Getting in was a breeze, we arrived at 9:30 to no traffic and the parking lot half full. We easily found a spot between the 1st 2 lifeguard station and put up our windscreen, which was definitely needed as the wind was very strong today. When it came time to jump in the water(3pm), half the beach got up and headed to the water. All raced into the water screaming and cheering. What a scene. Channel 4 news was there also.It took 1hr 15mins to leave the Hook. Overall not a bad experience BUT I will keep my weekdays over the weekends anytime

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  9:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey I plan on going Tuesday or Wednesday for a few hours. Anyone else planning to go?

leesa123
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  10:30:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi to all my friends... Fisherman... widowerman..

We made it to Gunnison on the 6th of July. It was up in the air whether we were going or not. My fault, but we made it there.. We didn't get there until about 1:30 or so. boyfriend had to put in sometime at the office. Thank God there was parking.

We set up right behind a group of people with a huge wide wind screen. It helped with the crazies. We did see some of the usuals there while we went on a few walks.

We left about 5:30.. Worth the trip..

Hoping for good weather during August!

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  12:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
njyankee, sounds like a great time, partaking in what may be a world record. I had other obligations, so couldn't make it down. Read a few other posts in other topics, and seems quite a few people joined in around the country. You all were in my thoughts, as yesterday turned out to be a very nice beach day, even with the wind. Have to see if Channel 4 reruns the report. Wow, an hour plus to leave. Seems to me, they could at least make it so 2 lanes exit Sandy Hook, even if they both go onto Route 36 west. But, the bridge work sems to be going at a good pace, so maybe they will finish ahead of schedule. Hopefully, by mid summer 2010. leesa, I agree with you, lets hope for a lot of good weather in August, thats when I take my summer vacation. Might make it down Friday or Saturday this week. BareNJ

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  8:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BARENJGUY, Channel 4 ran it at 11pm on Saturday but forgot to blur out some scenes when they replayed it Sunday morning most of the scenes had been blurred. I guess the censors or emails got to them. Definitely had a good time but can't wait to go on Wednesday when it is a little less hectic. In response to the grilling note, didn't notice anyone on Saturday using them but have seen them used on the weekdays. It's hard enough dragging all our stuff across the sand, yes I have a wheelez, I can't imagine bringing a grill,tank and all the stuff to grill on top of everything else.

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  11:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Gunnison friends... I went down to MD to participate in the MARNA skinny dip record effort on Saturday. I joined Balto Bob at a pool down there and we had a great afternoon. About 75 of us contributed our efforts to the record but I was thinking of the Gunnison folks that afternoon. Hope to be back up there one day this week.

JoAnn

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

bigracefan
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  5:24:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to Gunnison for the first time yesterday...Loved it!!!
I got there in the late afternoon, around 4 or so. Parked in the parking lot, and walked into the area. I was nervous having never been anywhere like this or done this before, but I am glad I did! I walked in a ways, set up my chair, not to far from the clothed border, i guess closer to the first life guard chair. Found an area where I wouldnt sit too close and be perceived as a gawker or weird, but enough to be close enough to the water and where I could keep an eye on my stuff if i decided to take a walk or swim. What an experience! I took a few walks and a dip and felt like a years worth of stress from my daily life had been taken off of my shoulders.
The crowd at that time was about 30% clothed and about 60/40 male. I didnt notice any weirdos walking around, but I was more just minding my own business and laying down. I didnt notice any obnoxious behavior for the most part, except at the end near a tent area where some younger girls were doing a "Girls gone Wild" like thing and a few younger guys were surrounding them with camera phones. But overall, people seemed comfortable and natural, as if they were going about life as normal. The life guards were gone at that point and there were no little kids around to see it. Overall, I would definitely do it again, maybe later this week on Thursday or Wednesday evening.
Two bad things though, when I got to my truck, people had thrown their trash bags in the bed of my truck and it took 3 HOURS to get from the parking lot to the 36 bridge. I figured being there later would help the traffic die down...OOPS...oh well...I loved it anyway. There is no other way to go to the beach!!!!!!!!

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  6:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome bigracefan to Gunnison.I just logged onto FOG website. There were 808 skinny dippers on Saturday. You can check out the video and article on the Channel 4 website.

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  7:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do we know what our "logo" or sign is yet? I am going tomorrow morning and I would love to meet some other nudist-resorts.org members but I don't think holding up a sign that says "I am DTideW!" would be very subtle :P. I think a little american flag planted next to me will work. Hope to see you all there!

jerseyshore777

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  9:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

Bigracefan,there are unwritten rules for single guys.(Good catch,BTW.)

First and foremost is that you don't foist yourself socially upon a couple,due to the pathetic-loser-"perv" factor,and the way these annoying bozos give most women the creeps.The Gunnison population is usually about 75% male,and while many of these people are gay men,ALL single males are suspect until proven otherwise.

It sounds sexist to say this,but it's accurate nonetheless:women are social currency there.If you haven't a naked female companion with you to offer some sort of social reciprocity,don't even think about more than a quick "hello" to a nude couple.Just take a book or a crossword puzzle to keep your nose buried in,or stare across the straits at Manhattan.Whatever you do,don't set up in a group of couples and expect to be viewed as anything but a desperate voyeur.And please,please,don't park yourself in front of the hottest woman on the beach,and act casual,as if no one notices!

I've been there solo before,too.At times like that,you just have to bite the bullet and settle for a lesser experience.Find a female companion who is interested in swimming and sunning sans clothes,would be my advice.It's surprising where you might find one,and having her there will open new doors for you.

(Single women,however,can do whatever they please...Everybody loves them to pieces!)

Fishman, I just had to respond to your post. I've been going to Gunnison since '86. My wife used to go with me way back when but doesn't anymore. My son used to come with me but he stopped around when he turned 14. I'm not about to hookup with a girl to go with me because I like being married. So, I'm there by myself and you know what? I have just as much right to be there as anybody! It seems a shame to me that you have these ideas in your head that limit what you can and can't do. It seems to me that you're way to worried about what other people are going to think.

Well let me tell you this, like "single women", I (and you too) can do what I please. No matter what I do there are going to be people that like me and people that don't. At the end of the day, do you think the actions you described are going to make people "love you to pieces"? I don't step on anyone's toes and try not to bother anyone but I'm more concerned about making me happy than strangers I may never see again.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  01:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jerseyshore777

quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

Bigracefan,there are unwritten rules for single guys.(Good catch,BTW.)

First and foremost is that you don't foist yourself socially upon a couple,due to the pathetic-loser-"perv" factor,and the way these annoying bozos give most women the creeps.The Gunnison population is usually about 75% male,and while many of these people are gay men,ALL single males are suspect until proven otherwise.

It sounds sexist to say this,but it's accurate nonetheless:women are social currency there.If you haven't a naked female companion with you to offer some sort of social reciprocity,don't even think about more than a quick "hello" to a nude couple.Just take a book or a crossword puzzle to keep your nose buried in,or stare across the straits at Manhattan.Whatever you do,don't set up in a group of couples and expect to be viewed as anything but a desperate voyeur.And please,please,don't park yourself in front of the hottest woman on the beach,and act casual,as if no one notices!

I've been there solo before,too.At times like that,you just have to bite the bullet and settle for a lesser experience.Find a female companion who is interested in swimming and sunning sans clothes,would be my advice.It's surprising where you might find one,and having her there will open new doors for you.

(Single women,however,can do whatever they please...Everybody loves them to pieces!)

Fishman, I just had to respond to your post. I've been going to Gunnison since '86. My wife used to go with me way back when but doesn't anymore. My son used to come with me but he stopped around when he turned 14. I'm not about to hookup with a girl to go with me because I like being married. So, I'm there by myself and you know what? I have just as much right to be there as anybody! It seems a shame to me that you have these ideas in your head that limit what you can and can't do. It seems to me that you're way to worried about what other people are going to think.

Well let me tell you this, like "single women", I (and you too) can do what I please. No matter what I do there are going to be people that like me and people that don't. At the end of the day, do you think the actions you described are going to make people "love you to pieces"? I don't step on anyone's toes and try not to bother anyone but I'm more concerned about making me happy than strangers I may never see again.

I don't disagree with anything you've said,but we're talking apples and oranges here.

If you mind your own business,more power to you.But it's common knowledge that the only troublesome Gunnison-goers are the single men who behave intrusively...You see one of these guys walking up to you and your female companion,and you think to yourself:"Here we go again."(Never have I heard such a complaint directed at a woman.That's why they are loved to pieces,among other reasons.)

The majority of single guys there just take it as it comes and bother no one,but the pushy-types are a PIA,and no one who has been there more than once would dispute that fact.

In conclusion,I meant no offense.It wasn't a personal attack.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.47 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved