Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 165 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2013 :  03:26:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnnzeXIk6c0

Here's something interesting...

To "protect and serve" is apparently not on the agenda at Sandy Hook.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  02:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tubby

Looks like you folks at Gunnison will have some extra guests this coming weekend.

http://misslolashousebeachparty.com/

This group used to hold their event at Lighthouse Beach, but it looks like they are relocating due to our unfortunate loss of clothing optional use of Lighthouse Beach.

Good Luck!

FWIW, I saw a respected friend of mine at Gunnison this week who was on the beach for Lola's little get-together... He said that it was basically a few dozen lesbians who kept to themselves and didn't bother anyone.

No problems there, thankfully, and I hope that the August party is similarly tame. The rangers were arresting people right and left there this week; it almost seemed as though the NPS was looking for a justification to shut the place down.

(Has anyone else sent an email to the links tubby provided, BTW? If not, do it ASAP, or our beach will might be in similar jeopardy sooner than you think.)

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/19/2013 02:37:11 AM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  08:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whats the story on the arrests, Fishman? I was there Wed. with a few friends, and we didn't see anything worth a ranger being called over, much less someone being arrested. I have noticed more patrol cars cruising the lot. I really don't think they are looking for any reason to shut down Gunnison. It very well may be the most popular beach on all of Sandy Hook. Shut it down, and lose a lot of income from all those season pass buyers. Everyone I know that goes there purchases one.

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  10:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not understand why 'they' have to jump right into an arrest mode. What happened to the warning? The couple crossed a line. They should have stopped when the guy warned them, but they chose not to take his word for it. I am certain one of the 'Friends of Gunnison' would have persisted. The authorities should come when called or simply 'keep the order'. You do not have to arrest people to convince them that nudity does not equal sex on public beaches; just explain it to them.

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  03:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

Whats the story on the arrests, Fishman? I was there Wed. with a few friends, and we didn't see anything worth a ranger being called over, much less someone being arrested. I have noticed more patrol cars cruising the lot. I really don't think they are looking for any reason to shut down Gunnison. It very well may be the most popular beach on all of Sandy Hook. Shut it down, and lose a lot of income from all those season pass buyers. Everyone I know that goes there purchases one.

(On Monday, July 15th.)

There were 4 or 5 kids sitting-around in a circle near us smoking pot from a hookah.They were were being quiet and not bothering anyone.

When the rangers descended on them, they were all thrown in the sand, face-down, and handcuffed.

Certainly the kids were stupid to be that brazen, but from what I saw, they didn't didn't deserve to be treated as dangerous criminals.

As I understand Federal Law, it's legal to bring a gun to Gunnison, but punishable to smoke pot there.

We Americans live in a very messed-up society.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/20/2013 03:17:02 AM

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  10:04:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Safebare

I do not understand why 'they' have to jump right into an arrest mode. What happened to the warning?

The problem is that there is too much at stake to be nice about it. If people come to the beach knowing or believing that they'll get a warning for sex there will be much more of it taking place. We all know what comes then - the end of our beach. If I ever see any kind of sexual activity I'll turn them in right away, solo sex included. Then I'll testify against them if they choose to fight their charges.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  10:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said, Schroder. Thats like issuing a warning for someone going 50 miles over the speed limit. If it is against the law, then it is punishable by being arrested or fined. Lets remember, they closed Robert Moses for more reasons than someone just wanted it closed. Keep giving people reasons, and Gunnison will be a memory, not a nude beach.

Edited by - BARENJGUY33 on 07/21/2013 10:46:44 AM

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  5:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Too much at stake to be nice about it.' Do you think that people think that having sex on a nude beach is the same as going 50mph over the speed limit?
Most people believe that being naked in public is against the law. So, if we are already 'in violation' why not?
Haulover beach did not happen with strict police enforcement, it happened with a strong naturist presence.
You sound like my neighbor when I wanted to talk with him about his street racing through the neighborhood. I wanted to talk with him rationally, but he simply said 'call the cops if you don't like it'. This is not the world I want to live in.
The people on the beach have a great influence on what is acceptable and what is not. We shouldn't rely on the authorities to set the standards, it should be the people. The authorities should be called in when civility and reason do not work.
Just saying.
Safebare

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

MTBnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  5:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with staying vigilant with keeping people in check at Gunnison, but I had a question. I have been going there for years and only ever witnessed a few things I didn't like, but someone always stopped it. My question is, has anything been done or said, towards having it being closed to nudism? Or is the main concern just that IF WE DON'T stand up for our beach by stopping people from doing these things (sex, masturbation, drugs) it will get more attention an head towards people wanting it closed? Just looking g for clarification on that point, thanks.

I was born naked, so I'm staying naked :)
Blessed Be!!
Derek

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  11:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I should have been a little more specific...

As far as discreet sex behind windscreens at the back of the beach goes, I really don't fathom any reason for the rangers to hide behind trees and use binoculars to see what no other beach-goer can see. (Check out the above link.) Who exactly were those folks offending, anyway?

Public use of illegal drugs- unlike people swilling the ocean of booze one sees every day at Gunnison -constitutes poor judgment, at best. You need to know which drugs are OK with the government, right? ;-)

Still, arresting consenting, non-violent adults who are doing their best to be private is not akin to policing the main beach in an effort to dissuade the rare idiot masturbaters and the very few couples who decide to have sex in clear view of everyone, IMO... Apples and oranges, if you ask me.

There IS a distinction to be made here, and we're all pretty-much in agreement on that one, I'll bet.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/22/2013 01:47:43 AM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2013 :  08:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to say, there is no grey area in laws. Either it's legal, or it isn't. So, while it is legal to be nude at Gunnison, it is not legal to have sex there. Can't have it both ways. How far do we push the limits til we lose the right to be nude altogether? I've been going there too long to want a change in my life where I have to wear a bathing suit, and deal with more whiny kids. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the rangers were told to crack down on everything to help the funds for restoring the whole park. I'm for that all the way. If we lose a few idiots in the process, even better. I will also say, waiting to call the authorities as a last resort usually ends in a negative. Lets be smart, safe, and enjoy what freedoms we do have.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  01:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't disagree with you in principle, but in practice, I do believe Officer 556 was overly zealous.

Both religious- and secular-governments have always sought to legally control the sex-lives of their constituents since the first societies existed, and continue to do so until this day in many parts of the world. The power to sanctify/restrict sex was and is a huge stick in the hands of whomever holds it. Yet, a tip of the hat should always be paid to harmless human nature. It's inevitable that people are going to have sex in places where they're not allowed to, and I'm sure it's happening world-wide as I write this...

My point was this: it's a criminal waste of our taxes to have government employees to go out of their way to detect and prosecute peaceful citizens who are clearly not bothering anyone.

I can't say that I know the particulars in this case, but I walked back just for fun last week and saw a uniformed guy hiding in the weeds just, looking for trouble. I resented that my tax-dollars were paying for his victimless witch-hunt. Shouldn't he, as a civil servant, be concentrating on helping his employers? (Yes, even those perps on the beach paid to get in, and no one complained about them, as far as I know.)

Not saying that the NPS is the Taliban, but the video displays a similarity in intent, if not in consequence. I'm assuming that the couple in question wasn't stoned to death, but the application of governmental authority where it's irrelevant is a waste of everyone's time and money.

Just my opinion.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/23/2013 02:12:18 AM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  12:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
(Not to go on and on, but I guess I can't help myself!)

Two ladies from work went to Gunnison this week on my (cautious) recommendation... One is 25 and the other is 48.

They texted me all day(s) regarding how much they loved it there, but commented about "the old creeps who walked by too close all day, and/or sat down right between our legs."

The real problem on Gunnison is not the few people who inhabit the very back of the beach and do *whatever* behind a windscreen; the problem is truly the pathetic, desperate males who foist themselves on every attractive woman they can find.

That, my friends, constitutes an assault of sorts, while people minding their own business while attempting to hide does not. The losers at the waterline are far, far more bothersome than a few couples in back EVER are.

I would much prefer to see the rangers at the front of the beach, imposing an orderly presence, than to see them waste our money hiding-out and arresting folks who aren't bothering anyone.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/26/2013 12:10:52 AM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  4:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Fishman, I really do agree with you to a large extent but... Old creeps as you call them, to me they're just pervs, are much more of a bother to us than the ones hiding and misbehaving.

The problem is we live in a textile world in which we have very few rights. The rangers being textiles, focus on the same thing most textiles do, and that's the misbehaving naked people sneaking around but not really bothering people. It gives the reason to say; look there I told you all of them were perverts.

The old creeps are more bothersome but the people sneaking around misbehaving is what get our beaches shut down and that gets me pi$$ed off.

If they really want to misbehave they can find a textile beach to do it on. Then we can say looky there I knew those textiles were all perverts. LOL

Diger

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2013 :  12:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good post.

The laws are written in order to be manipulated by enforcement, regardless of whether or not anyone is a victim of the act... That's a sad fact of Life that must be acknowledged, if not necessarily respected.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/28/2013 12:40:42 AM

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved