Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 249 ]  [ Total: 249 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2012 :  6:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think that a lot of good valid points have been made about the windscreens. But I also think the windscreen usage is truly another something at Gunnison that needs some common courtesy. When someone uses a windscreen for the purpose of hiding from gawkers and pervs, they are also blocking their own view of their surroundings. And no matter where they setup on the beach they will have the same view of the inside of their hideaway. So why would it be necessary to set it up right in front of someone else? I believe that people who do that are either inconsiderate or just not using their heads. The beach is large enough.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  02:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice comment... If you surround yourself with windscreens,that's all you're going to see, even if you set them up in your own backyard.

To to be fair, though, some couples set them up to afford themselves a view of the ocean on the open end. (I suppose that sort of thing could be construed as a bit selfish, if the screen blocks the ocean-view for several other people... It never hurts to ask your neighbors if they mind.)

As had been said before, there is plenty of room there, even when the plovers are busy making babies. And it should be noted that the closer you set-up adjacent to North Beach, the more likely you will be to hang out among like-minded couples, whose numbers and density tend to keep the roving voyeurs on the periphery. (That is an area where single males can't really make a credible case that they are somehow pure-minded "naturists", not that half the couples there fit the bill, either. :)

We're heading down again for the end of the week. If the forecast holds true, we'll need our beach umbrellas to fend off the blazing sun, but we won't even consider taking a WS along.

Hopefully, summer seems to be here!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 06/11/2012 03:09:30 AM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  03:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not saying this to take sides or to give anyone a hard time, but we all (myself included) seem to dance around the obvious here on here pretty regularly.

Fact: Most men are there to look; that's what we do.

I guess the questions are: how close is too close, and what is a single guy supposed to do there?

Having been there by myself a couple of times, I understand that being a single man on the beach makes you immediately suspect. (And with good reason, as a general rule.)

When some guy shows up there with all his gear in tow, and then surveys the terrain for the best spot to locate himself re: the view of women,then sets-up right by us, my heart sinks, because he's going to make me become vigilant. I hate that when I'm there to relax.

Here's a helpful tip for single guys: it's always a good idea to sit somewhere off to the South and stick your nose in a book. The gay guys are actually less obnoxious than the aging swingers to the North!

As sexist as it sounds (and [i]is[/i sexist,)there is no doubt in my mind that women are social-currency on any nude beach...As in: if you're not there with a woman, you really have no business plopping yourself down among the couples. You might be tolerated there by the more mild-mannered among us, but you won't be welcomed by any man with a set. We all know what is going on; you're not fooling anyone.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that none of the above is news to anyone. Only the most clueless of us attempt to frame this as anything else; "purity" is not really an option. As men, we all need to embrace reality, and tailor our behavior accordingly.

Above all, choose to be as polite as possible as your default-mode,and don't stick your head in the sand, as far as what is as obvious as can be to anyone over the age of 12. It works for me.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 06/12/2012 03:55:05 AM

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  09:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

As sexist as it sounds

Yes, it was very misandrist.

Men and women are naturally/biologically attracted to each other. Men and women naturally look at each other.

Women in particular spend a large part of their lives decorating themselves to attract attention from men.

Misandry is offensive on a beach or in a forum.

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  8:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gay, straight, couple, single, male, female, the beach and anyplace on it is open to all. Tolerance for others is what is needed. Any abnormal social behavior which affects the enjoyment of the beach by others is what is not needed. Most people naturally gravitate towards others of common situation. We go as a couple and enjoy sitting among other couples but we are tolerant of all others in our area. And just like any other place people congregate it is common and acceptable to people watch. Staring maybe rude but just like anyplace else it's not illegal to stare just annoying. We have never experienced any rude staring but I'm sure in many cases if you give a stare back that person will get the hint.

Edited by - BeachCouple38 on 06/12/2012 8:56:16 PM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  02:23:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Knows

[quote]Originally posted by Fishman81

As sexist as it sounds

Yes, it was very misandrist.

Men and women are naturally/biologically attracted to each other. Men and women naturally look at each other.

Women in particular spend a large part of their lives decorating themselves to attract attention from men.

Misandry is offensive on a beach or in a forum.

Golly-gosh, I meant no offense, nor to be "misandrist" (never heard that one before, thanks!) I just call a spade a spade...

If you truly think that men and women are equally inclined to voyeurism, you must have been dropped-off on Earth by aliens, or merely fooling yourself. The emperical evidence is overwhelmingly against your position.

In my 10 years or so of going to various nude beaches, I have seen wandering female gawkers maybe, ummmm... Never.

In that same time-span, I've probably witnessed thousands of men spending all day doing just that. And not once in my vast recollection can I draw up a memory of single girl intentionally parking herself in front a man's genitals with the intention of staring at them all day long... Puh-leeze.

Some of us need to get real here.

No, there is nothing wrong with being a man and liking to look at pretty girls, but one must exercise a degree of reasonable respect, or face the consequences. That isn't sexist; it's just an obvious take on how the world works.

Get a clue, already.

[/b]

Edited by - Fishman81 on 06/13/2012 02:45:24 AM

candjnj

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  06:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see candjnj's MSN Messenger address  Send candjnj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lovesthesun

quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

You know what would obviate this entire argument..? Just have a section roped-off for straight couples, one for gay couples, and another for single men, and place them in that geographical order. (The single girls could go wherever they please; they're never a problem.)

This is obviously never going to happen, but it would drive away the gawkers, and make the beach a more tranquil place. Personally, I'd love to see it.

An excellent idea that has been discussed by others here before - if you had a straight couples section, etc, then the issues with windscreens, cameras, cell phones, and trolls essentially all go away - no worries.

And for those coupes who like the attention from trolls, or who don't see the singles guys as a problem like candjnj (you did go to Gunnison, Sandy Hook, NJ, correct?), they are free to move to the single guy section and mingle all they want.

In fact the only ones who would have any issue with such an arrangement would be those single guys whose express purpose for going to the beach was to gawk, hit on women, take pictures, etc - those going just to enjoy sand, surf, and nudity shouldn't care whether or not they're in their own section. In fact, it's better for them because they don't have to feel uncomfortable setting up near any couples, and won't have those pesky windscreens blocking their view.

And they'll also know that those couples moving to the single male section WANT more attention.

This sounds like a much better petition than 'ban the windscreens'!!!

Why do people love to make up rules. Maybe I'm just an old hippie but I hate rules. I thought the nude beach was all about freedom.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  1:59:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think that anyone is advocating forced segregation there; just making the point that such a situation would likely reduce or eliminate the gawkers.

Heading down tonight for a couple of days. Hope the forecast is accurate... We nearly froze to death earlier in the month.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  2:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by candjnj

Why do people love to make up rules. Maybe I'm just an old hippie but I hate rules. I thought the nude beach was all about freedom.

I'm with you bro. For some reason there are always those self righteous fools who want to make "rules" so they can boss people around. We don't need it.

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  8:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep I agree. Seems to me that the nudist community is making more rules about nudity (especially on the beaches) than the textile community. I almost wonder if I strip in front of the umbrella rather than behind I might offend somebody. Geeze loosen up people.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  9:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wind screens...no wind screens. Rules...no rules. All I know is that the weather is supposed to be great when I go there on Saturday for my annual visit. I am so looking forward to it.

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  12:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kerikeeeeeeeeeeeee. Leave u lot alone for a while and badda boom.
Quickee, we are coming back to NJ for a wedding next weekend and will stay a coupla days nudey mid week b4 the weddding next weekend, so will be nice to see how the beach has progressed since last there in '98. On the subject of trolls etc, when last there I was playing volleyball and wifey relaxing, when she swore she heard a camera click, you know that electronic switch sound.....when I came back for a breather and a cold one, she told me about the guy and pointed him out. AS I approached him, another woman squeled about a camera and told her guy, the troll wonderd off quick and us 2 men followed him and told him in no uncertain terms to f*** off, or get filled in with a knuckle sandwich! It appears its getting worse. Now we are no prudes, far from it BUT........he crosed the line. SO......having forgotten the beach layout, who goes where these days???

Live love and have fun

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  02:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Generally speaking, there are more couples toward the North, mostly gay men to the South, and the larger party-encampments in between which tend to be composed of both sexes.

Just got home from a couple of days there. The conditions we faced gave us the opportunity to live out some the recent topics.

Thursday became sunny after 1 or so, but the East wind off the ocean made the day just too cold to enjoy without a screen... You just have to have one on days like that, and we even went as far as to stay back on the beach in the lee of a dune, too. (Guess the "dune" area is a topic for another day, but the windbreaks salvaged our Thursday. Nobody lasted long on the open beach.)

Today (Friday) was sunny from start to finish and the wind was from the South, so we set up around the first lifeguard stand right on the water, where we could enjoy the surf. The water was plenty warm enough for an extended swim, and the waves were robust, with just enough little rip-currents among them to keep things interesting. And we met a very lively and nice couple from Brooklyn to hang out with.

Had a great day. While there were probably 75% single males even in that section, everyone displayed good manners. The usual-suspect gawkers were present on the beach, but they didn't have enough room to move between us to be annoyingly close. All the middle-aged men around us appeared to be there just to savor the nice weather.

Not that anyone cares, but I didn't mean to indict the entire male sex in my earlier posts. I'd have to say that the majority of single guys there are entirely polite; but that 10-20% who routinely cross the line..? They should not be tolerated.

Here's hoping that you all enjoy Saturday. (But bring your windscreen on Sunday; the high is supposed to be 70, and it's gonna be chilly without one!)

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  11:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well thats sorted then, hopefully it'll be lovely for our day there on Wednesday as we havent a screen..

Live love and have fun

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  08:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My annual trip to G Beach couldn't have been nicer yesterday. Great weather, water wasn't too cold, good sized crowd. First time ever that I got to be there on my birthday. I literally got to "unwrap" for my present and spend some time in my birthday suit.
My wife even said she would like to see the place again this year at the height of the season (July/Aug). I'll be working hard to try to make that happen...you can count on that!

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved