Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 96 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Dougie

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  10:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dougie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudeguy

Sean, great to hear from you and to get your perspective. From what I've seen, the "pervs" tend to be guys averaging middle-aged and up who don't even care when they are caught gawking. Sure there are a few younger ones who are more likely to sit in a folding chair with a camera phone, or who set down in the sand a few feet away from a woman for a close-up view. I'm generalizing of course, but your experience does not surprise me, especially at Gunnison. My girlfriend and I are noticing that the "uniform" of choice these days favored by older pervs is the "Gilligan" style hat (like the one worn by Bob Denver on Gilligan's Island) and sunglasses. They walk around with their mouths hanging open and unabashedly stare at attractive nude people. A good number of them favor young heterosexual couples who just want to mind their own business and catch some rays. As you found out, there are enough older curious gay men to go around as well.

Anyway you have a great attitude by not letting it bother you enough to change your routine. After your experience in the military, I can't imagine that such matters would bother you too much. Thanks for your service!

I guess I'm one of them middle-age perverts with a "Gilligan" style hat and a camera phone and a digital camera to boot. So let me defend myself. When I was 16 I had my first experience at a nudist resort. And I had an excellent experience. So 30 years later me and my girlfriend went to Martha's Vineyard for vacation and ran into a nudist beach at Gay head. Well monkey see monkey do and I have to say it was awesome. And I discovered Gunnison Beach this year and I have gone at least 5 times this year and traveling and for 150 miles one-way ticket to the beach.
And I work in the public school system and for the last six weeks school has been in session. How do you explain to your coworkers that you haven't seen all summer that you are now a naturalist and all so trying to explain Gunnison Beach to your coworkers how awesome of an experience it is? People are friendly, the beach is colorful with umbrellas and wind blockers, there's over 3000 nudist on the beach Also trying to describe the feeling of the sun hitting your full body where the spray from the ocean hitting you and how awesome it is. Without having your coworkers thinking that you're some kind of pervrt walking around on the beach. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so it was easier to take a picture with my camera phone. (They never turned out one of my fingers was covering the shutter) yes I know was wrong I should of asked but I did not have the nerve to ask! So I'm sorry but I did take a panoramic picture from almost from the bathhouse of the beach. After my coworkers saw the photographs they kind of understood but still thought it was a little strange. Now for the sunglasses and the "Gilligan" style hat my eyes are sensitive to the sunlight I have documentation from a doctor that sits in my glove box because my windows are tented on my car and if I'm ever pulled over by a police officer for having tented when this you will be able to show them the documentation. So if this makes me a sick perverted middle-age man so be it.

Now for my opinion about people being sick and perverted. I saw some man sitting on the newly formed sandbar sucking a woman's breast. (Now I gave him a dirty stare and made sure he saw) we lost Cape May beach and also Assateague beach for such behavior and I'm not about ready to lose Gunnison. Because of someone else's stupidity specially since I rediscover being a nudist again. All so men putting things on their genitalia like I saw one guy walking around with eyeglasses and a mustached wrapped around his penis also

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  11:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dougie: I believe the sick perves they are talking about are the middle aged guys in hats that walk up & down the beach - never looking at the beautiful view of the water (which is the best part of going to the beach), but rather, back to the water, scanning the crowds for a good view. The make no pretense of hiding that fact and are quite disgusting. They will even stop dead in their tracks when a woman bends over for something, bend over themselves and stare to get a good look at that scenery. We jokingly refer to them as "scanners" and can pick them out a mile away. They differ from gawkers in that they are nude...gawkers are fully clothed, usually in big baggy suits of some sort. It sounds as if you're mostly just sitting on the beach in your sunglasses and hat and not cruising looking for "sights". I, however, would give you the same "dirty stare" if I saw you taking pictures...keep the camera phone in your bag please.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2006 :  6:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lets be honest here, the pervs, or whatever you want to call them, come in many shapes sizes, and looks. I really find it bothersome when they sit anywhere near me. It is too obvious what they are doing, and how uncomfortable they make everyone around them. As a single male, I can't help but sometimes feel like I am being put in the same category as them, and that is nowhere near why I enjoy the beach, and nudism in general. Just as bad are the couples that use Gunnison as some sort of public sex display. I saw one instance this past summer, where a man and two women were at the waters edge, just beyond the sign that indicates the end of the guarded beach, and the women were giving the male manual pleasure(trying to keep my post clean). I thought, why would anyone want to display this where a couple of yards away, people were just enjoying what the beach is meant to be. By the time you do inform a guard or ranger, they are long gone. If acts like this do continue, we will lose the best beach in NJ. I hope we all can be adults, and stop the adult activity where and when it is not appropiate.

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  01:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dougie
I'll be the middle-aged guy with a green "Gilligan" style hat and a matching color beach chair. If you have any issues with me or if you would to sit down to chew the fat you're more than welcome. I feel that we have to protect Gunnison Beach from the sickos and sex freaks before we lose this beach. Most people coming groups you can get a couple guys to confront some of these people or notify the lifeguards I noticed that there still there.

Don't get your swim trunks in a knot, my friend. I said I was generalizing based upon what I have seen. If you're behaving yourself as you say you are, you have no reason to be concerned that someone will get the wrong idea based on your mode of dress. However, I sense feelings of guilt in your post. Taking that picture with your camera phone does not constitute good behavior. It makes you part of the problem. You surely knew better after 30-plus years of frequenting nude beaches. And those dirty looks you direct toward people behaving sexually just make you look like a gawker. Staring makes you look like a perv and you only have yourself to blame for that. If you don't like what someone is doing, step up and say something as I have done on several occasions, or report them to the rangers. I don't need a group of guys to back me up when something needs to be said.

Your car windows are tinted, by the way. When the police pull over a car with a darkened windshield, the thought of finding a pervert is not what makes them nervous. It's because they can't see what's going on in there. They have no interest in reviewing your medical documents.

Regarding your "chew the fat" comment, please clarify. Is that an invitation to engage in enlightened conversation, or something more? I'm very interested in an explanation.

Dougie

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  05:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dougie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nudeguy: sit down and chew the fat is an old hillbilly term for sitting down and talking or engage in enlightened conversation and for the tinted windows in some states it's against the law to have tinted windows on your car so I have to keep the documentation in my vehicle.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 09/25/2006 1:05:57 PM

Jenni

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  10:46:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sean22

Hello all,

My name is Sean McSherry and I just wanted to say that I had my first experience at Gunnison Beach this summer and it was absolutely amazing. A year before that I went to Juniper Ridge and had an equally amazing time. Being a 23 year old male nudist it is difficult sometimes breaking the stereotype that all young males my age are pervs and are only going to places like Gunnison to get a cheap look at women. My first experience at Gunnison was great all but for two middle to older age males who did nothing but stare at my genitals. At first I thought it was my imagination but I realized over time that he was they were indeed doing as I thought. My ability to be comfortable with my surroundings and knowing full and well that nothing of any significance was going to happen I carried on. I just wondered what everyone thought about this common stereotype that young men like myself are pervs. I consider myself beyond my years because I've fought in a war, lived overseas, and am continuing my education despite being set back from deployment. Can someone shed some light.

Sean -- As a woman who often visits Gunnison alone, I don't consider someone to be a "perv" until they start to act like one. Being young certainly does not put you in that category right away! (I find that most of the "pervs" are on the older side, actually.)

Sounds like it was a nice weekend at the beach! I considered heading down on Sunday but changed my mind when some storm clouds starting coming in. I wish I would have went!!!

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 09/25/2006 11:31:22 AM

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  12:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenni
As a woman who often visits Gunnison alone, I don't consider someone to be a "perv" until they start to act like one. Being young certainly does not put you in that category right away! (I find that most of the "pervs" are on the older side, actually.)

My sentiments exactly, Jenni. It's nice to hear a woman's point of view on the subject.

wilynily

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  8:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sounds like it was a nice weekend at the beach! I considered heading down on Sunday but changed my mind when some storm clouds starting coming in. I wish I would have went!!!

You missed a nice day. A bit overcast and a little sprinkling of rain, but a good day otherwise.

Sean22
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  5:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Sean22 an AOL message  Send Sean22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sean22

Hello all,

My name is Sean McSherry and I just wanted to say that I had my first experience at Gunnison Beach this summer and it was absolutely amazing. A year before that I went to Juniper Ridge and had an equally amazing time. Being a 23 year old male nudist it is difficult sometimes breaking the stereotype that all young males my age are pervs and are only going to places like Gunnison to get a cheap look at women. My first experience at Gunnison was great all but for two middle to older age males who did nothing but stare at my genitals. At first I thought it was my imagination but I realized over time that he was they were indeed doing as I thought. My ability to be comfortable with my surroundings and knowing full and well that nothing of any significance was going to happen I carried on. I just wondered what everyone thought about this common stereotype that young men like myself are pervs. I consider myself beyond my years because I've fought in a war, lived overseas, and am continuing my education despite being set back from deployment. Can someone shed some light.

Sean -- As a woman who often visits Gunnison alone, I don't consider someone to be a "perv" until they start to act like one. Being young certainly does not put you in that category right away! (I find that most of the "pervs" are on the older side, actually.)

Thanks for your input I really appreciate it. I'm glad that we were all able to strike up a bit of a discussion on this topic at Gunnison. That is after all what this forum is used for. I'm also very thankful for all the support, being a young naturist myself it is nice to recieve that. As far as I know, I don't have anyone in my family that is a naturist and so its great that I can come here and chat about it. My question to you Jenni is, would it be natural for women of all ages to be somewhat hesitant when speaking to a single young man or older. I completely understand that the purpose of Gunnison Beach is not to meet people. I will be honnest that I would be a little hesitant myself being new to talk to either men or women single or couple. Thanks for taking the time, and again thanks to all.

Jenni

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  09:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sean -- I think that every woman is different and responds differently to being approached by a male. I don't know how much age is an issue, I think how one is acting is more important. I think it more or less depends upon what someone is there for, rather it be to make friends and chat (as most of the people there are quite friendly), or to simply enjoy the day and keep to yourself. The thing I think that most women do have in common is keeping a certain "guard up". It is something we simply have to do (anywhere, but certainly being on a nude beach I tend to be a little more aware of my surroundings). For me, alot depends upon whether I am alone or not - I am definitely less likely to converse with other men when I am alone. And when I am alone I am more comfortable chatting with a mixed group of people.

If you are interested in meeting people and spending the day with others, looking into an organization, such as Friends of Gunnison, would probably be a good thing to do. I always see large groups of people on the beach and they do look like they are having a great time.

love the sun

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  11:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend and I finally got an opportunity to spend two separate days in Gunnison last week and the week before - we've been trying to arrange time to get there for a while, and found it was well worth the wait!

The good: some people, nice water, pretty scenery, not approached directly by anyone.....

The bad: almost ALL men, most very suspicious, some with tripods and cameras, some with binoculars, many setting up nearby as soon as we put down our towel....several tried without shame to take pictures of my gf....no one would speak to us as we passed. I would have felt much better if there was another couple there.

The most disconcerting things, however, is that there were at least a dozen cars in the parking lot, each a single guy inside. Many got out once we left our car, and followed us down to the beach to "pick shells" or some other obvious gawking maneuver.

Is there another, safer lot to access the beach? Is there a better area than that right next to the volleyball net? Farther south? North?

We can't wait to go again but it may be too late in the season.

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  12:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by love the sun

The bad: almost ALL men, most very suspicious, some with tripods and cameras, some with binoculars, many setting up nearby as soon as we put down our towel....several tried without shame to take pictures of my gf....no one would speak to us as we passed. I would have felt much better if there was another couple there.

The most disconcerting things, however, is that there were at least a dozen cars in the parking lot, each a single guy inside. Many got out once we left our car, and followed us down to the beach to "pick shells" or some other obvious gawking maneuver.

Is there another, safer lot to access the beach? Is there a better area than that right next to the volleyball net? Farther south? North?

Hey Love The Sun,

There's an area farther south (to the right as you look at the sea) but you'll have to walk a little to get there. Go past the wide part of the beach, past the area generally considered the "gay" section, to the part where the rangers have a much larger space roped off as a nesting area for birds. My girlfriend feels more comfortable in front of that nesting area because it's a narrower space, making it more difficult for pervs to sneak up on you. Just check the signs first before you set up, because sunbathing there is prohibited during certain times of the season.

You know, it's interesting how things turn out sometimes. Check out my post dated 07/17/2003 on page 1 of this thread. The response that immediately followed indicated that I wasted my time fabricating a "refuted" story. Over time, the same events I reported were retold here numerous times in various forms, based upon true experiences by you and many others. Does that make us all liars, or do some of us simply need to be far more careful and sensitive about accusing someone of posting a false report when no evidence exists to level such a claim against the writer?

Anyway I'll jump off my soapbox now. The seasons are definitely changing but it would be great if nature would provide us with a couple more good days of good beach weather. Thanks for writing.

Edited by - nudeguy on 09/30/2006 03:04:32 AM

love the sun

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  11:08:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudeguy

quote:
Originally posted by love the sun

Hey Love The Sun,

There's an area farther south (to the right as you look at the sea) but you'll have to walk a little to get there. Go past the wide part of the beach, past the area generally considered the "gay" section, to the part where the rangers have a much larger space roped off as a nesting area for birds. My girlfriend feels more comfortable in front of that nesting area because it's a narrower space, making it more difficult for pervs to sneak up on you. Just check the signs first before you set up, because sunbathing there is prohibited during certain times of the season.

You know, it's interesting how things turn out sometimes. Check out my post dated 07/17/2003 on page 1 of this thread. The response that immediately followed indicated that I wasted my time fabricating a "refuted" story. Over time, the same events I reported were retold here numerous times in various forms, based upon true experiences by you and many others. Does that make us all liars, or do some of us simply need to be far more careful and sensitive about accusing someone of posting a false report when no evidence exists to level such a claim against the writer?

Anyway I'll jump off my soapbox now. The seasons are definitely changing but it would be great if nature would provide us with a couple more good days of good beach weather. Thanks for writing.

Thanks for the reply, and the advice - do you know if anyone patrols the beach after Labor Day? We didn't see anyone "official" in our two trips, and certainly saw some behavior that wouldn't fly in front of a beach patrol. I also saw more than one suspicious character hanging out in the rest room area.

Next time I think that we'll walk south for a ways, as you suggest - how far south does the nude section extend? Is it marked?

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  10:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I understand correctly, there are no lifeguards after Labor Day but the rangers definitely make periodic drive-by's. They also travel around during late afternoon to warn beachgoers that they must leave by sundown. Inappropriate behavior rarely gets much attention unless it happens in the dunes. Rangers take a dim view of anyone who even walks into the dunes for any reason. The problem with bad behavior is that ranger vehicles are not invisible. Their approach can be seen from far away and people acting badly tend to modify their behavior so they don't get arrested.

Regarding boundaries, the nude area extends quite a distance and is marked by a sign at both ends. I would estimate that the nudist territory is about a mile long. Always make sure to watch for the sign at the southern end if you're walking that far. Over time I have seen it at various locations, so don't assume the southern boundary line is aways the same.

As long as they don't see you doing anything forbidden or illegal, all of the rangers I have seen at Gunnison are very nudist-friendly.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  02:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FoG (Friends of Gunnison) http://gunnisonbeach.org/index.html

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.7 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved