Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 393 ]  [ Total: 393 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Suggested Rules Of Behavior
 how do you compliment a nudist ?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: An overview of nudist Rules of Behavior Topic Next Topic: Nude in your own home
Page: of 2

nudenwv
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  8:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Send nudenwv a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
as my wife and i recently attended a c/o nudist lodge, i saw many good looking people! i don''t mean that in a suggestive way! i have commented on pics on other sites and began to think they took it the wrong way! i see no such thing as an ugly nude being! if you see another beautiful body and wish to compliment them is it wrong to do?

nude and smooth in the mountain state

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  11:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume you're talking about complimenting the opposite sex so I'll confine my thoughts to that. I think it's reasonable and safe to say something nice such as "Good morning Mary, You're looking (rested/radiant/happy) today! (choose one).
If you're picking out women to compliment because you've decided she has a beautiful body...you're on thin ice, in my opinion...particularly at a nudist function.
We already realize that 99 percent of the time... compliments like "Nice sweater" means you're noticing our breasts....or "Great skirt!" means you like the legs or derriere... But when you're addressing a nude woman, you can't compliment specifically whatever it is that you happen to like..such as, I wouldn't advise saying "You're looking nice and perky this morning"...

Ash

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2005 :  12:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've discussed this issue on another site and so I'll post a simular response here as well.

I tend to shy away from complimenting nudists of the opposite sex while nude unless I know them quite well. We've met nudist friends for dinner, etc. while clothed and have complimented them. I've complimented our female nudist friends while nude by saying things like, " hey, you've lost some weight, you look great", "you look rested, been on vacation"?, "you've got a great tan."

Even when I know these female nudist friends well enough, I don't make compliments on their specific anatomy. We have a real close friend that's a nudist and has recently had some cosmetic surgery. We have yet to see the finished product and we are both a little nervous about the first time seeing her in the nude after the procedure and she will be expecting us to say something, not sure what to say!

Funny how that is, we see each other nude and spend the day or even days with nudist friends and are still somewhat apprehensive about complimenting them on their figure. I think it's best to keep those compliments very general until you really get to know each other well enough to be specific.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2005 :  08:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about just great to see you? Hair compliments are always welcome.

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2005 :  11:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've never given this much thought before. Hmmmmm! I can see how lines can be crossed very quickly. Personally I have never been comfortable complimenting any woman except my wife, while nude.

My wife has received compliments about her tan, but only by other women. Woman to woman is the only safe compliments I can see.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 03/18/2005 11:46:24 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  12:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

Boy......it's the truth, after my wife does something to her hair, if I don't at least comment on it.......man.....long night.

In regards to our friend with the recent surgery, I know the "it's good to see you" line is always said when we meet, what we're slightly uneasy about is when we do end up nude in front of each other, she'll ask...."well, whata think"?

We'll get through it and all probably laugh about it afterwards.

sherry

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  06:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Send sherry a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think the complements very much depend upon who you are complementing but cheri's suggestion is really a good one, to focus on a woman's hair. most women will take a complement from other women at resorts without offence but are more cautious with men but then some women really want any complements in almost any form, so what to do? I complement men on their bodies, physiques, etc but qualify it not as a come-on. The phrase 'looking good today' seems to work well with most anyone.

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  10:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think generally it's a bad idea to comment on people's bodies, because one of the points of nudism is that (as you say) all bodies are beautiful. Additionally, making reference to someone's body (especially individual parts of the body) can sometimes be a prelude to other inappropriate things. And, obviously, making reference to primary and some secondary sexual aspects of the body are generally inappropriate in and of themselves.

I would generally shy away from such statements, instead complimenting people on their personality or their achievements. However, it may be appropriate in some cases. For instance, if you know that somebody has been dieting or exercising, and you can see a noticable improvement, then it would be appropriate.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

shaybare

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  11:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit shaybare's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I agree one would be safe to stay away from specific body parts. It also depends on how well you know the person.

Shaybare is Nude
born nude, live nude, die nude

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  12:08:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fireprof,

I was actually in that position once. Well sort of, I was visiting a club in Oaklahoma and while I was there one of the members informed me she had just had breast augmentation surgery. I was a bit surprised that this information should be volunteered to me, a complete stranger, but I think I did the right thing and just said, well it looks like they did a great job. I think she was fishing for compliments, or just wanting some validation that things looked alright. I guess maybe she was also more comfortable talking to a stranger about this than one of her friends.

I normally don't go around giving out compliments, other than hey good to see, you you look great, or have you lost weight?/ been working out?, etc. But again this is with in a very small circle of friends I have known for over ten years.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  2:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Approx. 3 years ago visiting one of our favorites spots on a reg. basis, there was a women who was in her late 30's who had breast enhancements, and believe me when we say she "pranced" along the beach she wanted everyone to notice, and did not mind one bit that during conversation you gave her a compliment. Needless to say she received quite a few!

Then last year she decided to go "larger"!During the winter months she had the procedure done and once again "pranced" on the beach and needless to say she received more compliments.

My wife is wondering if there will be another surprise again this Spring/Summer. My wife how large will she be this year.

My feeling on this matter, is as long as she and her mate are happy, so be it!

Cookie

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  4:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
let's see.

"i like your hat>"
"nice new hairdo. bet it's ......"

weight loss is appropriate if stated diplomatically.

other things, as cheef has said, accomplishments, projects for the group/camp/,.

simply be polite, sincere and respectful

Edited by - calmnude on 03/20/2005 4:10:19 PM

james423
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  9:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine once greeted me at the beach with "Wow, you lost a lot of weight!", which didn't bother me because I had (and not due to illness). While not exactly thin now, I was a good twenty pounds heavier at one time & had dropped about forty pounds by dieting (the bad news is I gained half of it back, the good news is I've kept half of it off). Generally I'll only compliment people I know & that also makes it easier to know what you can say. Just because someone looks good to me doesn't mean that it requires a comment.

Gary Douglas
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  12:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheef's comment that "all bodies are beautiful" reminds me of a comment made by one of the characters in "The Incredibles", where the realization statement was made, "If everyone is special, then no one is special". The truth of the matter is that there are ugly people, beautiful people, and a whole lot of people in the middle. If what was really meant was "everybody's beautiful, in their own way" (per singer/songwritter Ray Stevens), I can appreciate the sentiment. I hope our tendencies towards political correctness will diminish, but I doubt it...

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  07:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Gary Douglas' comment that it's a bit difficult to say with a straight face: "all bodies are beautiful". I think that's one of the statements that's been incorporated into the nudist lifestyle to encourage and urge people to take the plunge and not be self conscious, and I applaud the effort. However, as Gary says, it's simply not true.
Fortunately it's not REQUIRED that you have to have a beautiful body to attend or participate in nude recreation. Nor is it required that you have to have a beautiful body to wear a bikini or (God forbid) for a man to wear a Speedo lol.
What I admire about the nudist philosophy is that everyone is ACCEPTED regardless of how your body looks, but I do agree that it's ridiculous and an insult to everyone's intelligence to pretend that everyone looks "fabulous" in the nude...or otherwise.

Ash

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  10:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

...when we do end up nude in front of each other, she'll ask...."well, whata think"?

I don't know what kind of work she's having done. But it's safe to assume that she will likely be curious about whether or not the proceedure(s) was/were successful, and she'll want to feel good about herself. Plus, if she asks, she wants to know, so it wouldn't be out of line to tell her if it looks nice. Under those circumstances, I see no reason not to compliment her.

As a matter of fact, I don't see any reason to ever avoid saying something nice about someone. I think people are a bit too sensitive, and like to take everything said as a pass. Maybe some of these people feel better about themselves because they think they're being hit on.

quote:
Originally posted by Ashley

...What I admire about the nudist philosophy is that everyone is ACCEPTED regardless of how your body looks, but I do agree that it's ridiculous and an insult to everyone's intelligence to pretend that everyone looks "fabulous" in the nude...or otherwise.

Ash

Gary does make a good point, in my opinion.

I like Ash's way of summarizing nudist philosophy. We should accept each other for what ever we are and however we look. Because we all become less beautiful as we age. That's no reason to stop enjoying nudism.

Randy

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: An overview of nudist Rules of Behavior Topic Next Topic: Nude in your own home  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.84 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved