Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 399 ]  [ Total: 399 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Suggested Rules Of Behavior
 Nude in your own home
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: how do you compliment a nudist ? Topic  

oz_naturist

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  06:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see oz_naturist's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I am a new member and nudist for over 20 years.
I am almost always naked at home but still unsure of whether or not to cover up when answering the door.
I suppose the correct thing would be to see if the visitor is someone who knows your dress habits and dress accordingly.
I would like to hear from other members who do answer the door naked to strangers or other "textiles", and the reaction that they get.
Thanks

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  12:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depending on your local laws, you could be in for a ticket or arrest especially if you can be seen from the street.

I open the door with the door covering me or I put on a pareo, towel, or robe. I like to have visitors at ease. I always put something on except with the United Parcel person delivers packages when I'm in the hot tub.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

imveryopen

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  2:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Send imveryopen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it can depend on whois at the door, if its someone i know then ill answer naked then depending on what they say ill stay naked or pu shorts on.some of them will get naked as well but i usally put shorts on

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  12:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As much as I'd like to answer the door without having to slip on shorts or a robe, I don't. I don't think the vast majority of society, here in the US, are going to understand my lifestyle and will most likely label me as an exhibitionist first.

I consider myself lucky/fortunate that I am able to be nude inside my house and backyard without any hassles from my neighbors so putting on something to answer the door to strangers is of little consequence.

For nudist friends that come to visit...I have answered the door nude but covered by the front door. It was a little funny that even our nudist friends were taken back just a bit to be greeted by me naked but it was only momentary.

I think it's best to not push that aspect of our lifestyle on to the unsuspecting general public if they come to your door. If they venture into your backyard and you're sunning, in the pool or hot tub.....well...then it's their problem and not yours...in my opinion.

b4dger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  06:06:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I may have answered this in another thread but here goes.

In our house we have a window to the side of the front door. We have nets hung to the window so we are not observed in our chosen mode of dress, nude, but we also have a notice in the window which states that the residents are nudists and enjoy a naked lifestyle, if nudity offends do not ring the bell or knock the door.

This has kept a lot of JW's away and other cold callers but others that have knocked have been accepting of our mode of dress. I must add that we do not blatenly open the door nude, we always shield our body by the door. If the caller requires more than a few words they are invited in. We have, over the last couple of years we have had the sign in place, never had any adverse comments or complaints from any callers to our door.

Spread the word.. nude is best. Bob..

PRS

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  10:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent idea, Bob!

However, like was mentioned above, if you can be seen from the street, you are going to be in trouble. Shielding yourself with the door will prevent that, of course.

The only concern I have is what will people report away from your home. In today's society, it is the nudist 'death sentence' to be labelled a sex offender. I read one case where a nudist was labelled as such because he was seen nude in his yard by textile dependent children. Now, he cannot get in to our club anymore. He did nothing wrong, just wrong place at wrong time. And did not use good judgement.

This is my biggest fear, to be spotted by some textiles and cops called. Because of this, wife and I have not gone on a nude hike in many years. However, I still go nude at home and such. But, we do spend more time at the club now too.

Life-long nudist.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  10:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Behind my front door is my domaine but when I open it to a public street it's not, so when I open it I will at least have on a t-shirt,I believe that if I lived on several wooded acres I would post a sign advising others of my nudity and if they knocked at the door without calling first i'm sure they would have to see me nude.

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  11:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Living nude, I have a pair of shorts ready for the unexpected and infrequent ring of the doorbell. Neighbors, friends and family generally call first. Even though we have a video monitor, and our front door cannot be seen from the road, would not answer the door nude. I can spare a few moments to wear something, then back to 'au naturel'. Really a private nudist rather than social. Not trying to make some sort of a statement. Other opportunities for that.

Now someone entering our very private backyard unannounced and/or uninvited is another matter. Not acceptable, and rarely happens.

A related forum with many interesting points and viewpoints is "Answering The Door Nude".

'NUDE when able, covered when necessary'

Edited by - smoothNtanned on 01/27/2008 12:11:11 AM

Previous Topic: how do you compliment a nudist ? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved