Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Do co-workers know? If so, how do they respond?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ... Topic Next Topic: I was wondering something
Page: of 7

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 10/10/2004 :  11:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My co-workers (except the boss) know about my skinny-dipping. (Maria) is easy going and accepts it without issue. I have had brief discussions with her about it. (Sean) is older and more conservative. He likes razzing me about it, but seems to understand that there is nothing perverted about it. Of course, I don't get embarrassed or flustered over his teasing, so he is letting up a little. Either one of them is likely to ask me how my weekend was with that sheepish grin on their face. When the boss is there, they will reference my swimming, but not my swimming attire.

Have a GREAT Day!
Kevin

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  6:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone at the University in the Dean's office of the school in which I work is aware that I'm a skinnydipper. Many know I own my own club (Travelites) including my boss esp. after I did a cable TV show about the beginnings of nudism in South Carolina a few years back.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

STRETCH
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  8:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At times I like to talk about my experiences with friends, but most of the time it comes back at me and bites me in the rear. For fear of the biting from so called friends I have no plans for informing about my future endeavers. The only person who knows is my wife and she's not in total favor at time.

james423
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  8:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a few friends at work who know. Most are accepting, but insist they could never do it themselves. A few of the women admit to having sunbathed topless, but say they would be leery of being completely nude. Only one has stated that she'd like to try it, though she feels a bit unsure. Haven't gotten any real negative comments (but then, I haven't exactly told everyone -I've only told those I felt comfortable wouldn't be terribly offended).

jdr
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  10:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
None of my immediate employees are aware of my weekend trips to the beach because I have no intention of telling them. If they find out, then no problem, but I don't really discuss what I do on my off time with them, other than football, etc. There are, however, a number of my counter-parts on the mainland who became aware last week when we had a District camping trip in Eastern Washington. The first day and night was just upper-management and we had an impromptu skinny dipping swim after a day of partying. After we dressed and were warming by the fire, the comments started about my "no tan lines". No ribbing or anything, I just got the feeling they all wished they had "no tan lines". The next day the main group of mid-management people arrived and immediately had a great time. Over the course of the next three days many of the people (mixed company) asked me about my "no tan lines" and where I had gone to get rid of them, because their bosses had told all of them the story of our swim. Not one of them asked how it felt to be nude on the beach. They just wanted to know where they could go to get rid of their tan lines. It was really cool. I told them of places I knew of in Oregon, Washington, Montana and Idaho, since that's where most of them were from, as well as places we go in Hawaii. A couple of the guys hailed from Alaska, and I have no clue if it's safe or wise to get naked outside there... frostbite might change the shape of the body? Anyway, it should not be shameful to us that we enjoy nudity, and I'm willing to discuss it with anybody who is interested. However, work and pleasure are still separate, and must continue to be so when in a work environment, but I will never be ashamed of how I choose to relax.

Don

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  01:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many, many of my co-workers know I am a nudist. They didn't know my wife was until a few years ago. In the beginning...about 25+ years ago, all they knew was that I blew dry my hair and shaved nude after my shower, I didn't wear underwear and I slept nude.

Some asked about these rituals and I told them at that time that I didn't wear clothes at home either. That my wife also didn't wear clothes at home and we didn't pressure our kids to either. I told them that we sunbathed nude and skinny dipped in our backyard.

As time has pasted and we became more open to ourselves about who and what we were, I referred to ourselves as nudists but my wife wasn't comfortable with that label. About 5 years ago she stated that she was an 80% nudist. She felt she wasn't quite as committed as I was. About 3 years ago she referred to herself as a nudist and really loves our lifestyle. Since then I have been more open about our being nudists.

At first many current co-workers joked and laughed/giggled and made immature comments. Once we were alone and had a one on one conversation, they usually apologized and asked many questions. One co-workers wife had many questions and was really interested but we could not convince her that even though she was pregnant she would be accepted and feel great experiencing nudism.

For the most part most of my current co-workers are accepting of my nudity in the locker room and have a better understanding of naturism but none of them have converted.

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  12:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Only a few of my co-workers know, a couple I've worked with at several companies and those they've told. One lady we almost had "converted" when she was going to visit the nude beach we frequent on Labor Day but she got cold feet. I don't go out of my way to inform people but if the subject comes up I'm an enthusiastic promoter of nudism.

One surprise was one of our suppliers. Met him in the lobby one day and realized he is a member of our local nudist club. Now I see him at work and at the club and also at local places when we are out to lunch.

In 30 years of telling co-workers (like Cheri, in the old days the wife and I were on TV and radio a lot extolling the virtues of nudism) I've never had a bad reaction from anyone. A few giggles perhaps and now and then the immature guy who can't get it out of his head that I really see "nekkid" women on the weekends.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  06:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was reluctant, at first, to discuss it at work, but then I decided it would be okay as long as I presented it in the right way. I always make sure to reference that I was in an appropriate place (remote stream, c/o sauna, or nudist club). Since the owner of the company I work for is Finnish, and is very proud of her heritage, I figured that the sauna aspect would relate well with her, if she ever found out. There is a pool in the back yard of the Corporate headquarters, and I have joked about not having brought my bathing suit stating "I would love to take a swim, but I don't know if it is clothing optional hour yet" ;):) This prompted chuckles, but no negative responses.

Have a GREAT Day!
Kevin

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  3:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several of my staff know that we vacation on Orient Beach and have looked up the Club O website.

Having said that, I caution against discussing such matters in the workplace. If asked (and I am asked occasionally about the N sticker on my car and so on) , I say that I would be happy to discuss away from the workplace and at a time of their choosing. The reason for this is that any discussion could be later misrepresented as harassment, especially if the person asking the questions is a subordinate.

I agree, it's something to be celebrated and discussed, but you need to ask whether your comments are those that you would want published in the newspaper. In the current climate of fear and confusion between nudism and sexuality, reasonable precautions against misrepresentation seem warranted.

toll_booth
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  7:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Considering that I am a teacher in public schools, there is no way that I am going to come out of the closet. It's a shame, too, for kids are the ones who deserve to give it a shot the most....

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  10:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tollbooth,

Maybe you would or maybe you wouldn't be surprised at how many teachers are either nudists or vacation a nudist venues.

We have been to Club Orient the past two summers in late June. The beach is full of teachers, education administrators, counselors and a slew of others employed in various positions in school districts.

Heck....I was a school board member! Got tired of politics and did not seek re-election after a few terms. These teachers around here still try and get me to run again.

but...we understand your predicament, my wife is also a teacher.

artclasmodl

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  8:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the co-workers in my immediate work unit know of my skinnydipping and art class modeling.

They seem supportive.

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  09:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At work my co-workers still tease me a bit over the bear incident(see below), but it is all in fun. My boss hears them teasing me about the bear, but doesn't realize that they are really teasing be about being bare. Soon, I will be under another boss. The funny thing is that one of the people up for the job is one of the co-workers who teases me. I have spoken to her, and if she gets the job, she indicated that she won't make an issue of my swimming habits.

I forgot that I hadn't shared the bear incident with this forum. Here is the entire true story:

This fall I was skinnydipping up in the woods at Ketchum. I ducked under the
water , and when I came up, I noticed that I was being watched. Not 30 yards
downstream was a full size black bear heading upstream. Moving slowly, I exited
the water to gather my clothes and head back to the car. When the bear saw me,
he/she turned and quickly ran away up into the woods.

The lesson
learned: Kevin's body is enough to scare a bear

Edited by - Ketchummaine on 11/21/2004 09:47:08 AM

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  11:34:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've told only about 5-6 people at work over the past 7 years (4 different jobs). It's always come up accidentally; typically a slip of the tongue. I'm lucky in the sense that the feedback has always been positive. However I recommend against trying to convert a co-worker; they usually get cold feet or misinterpret your intentions.

nudecampin

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  10:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
None of my coworkers knows, but this is mainly because I don't discuss what I do in my off time at work. This appiles to my non nudist activities too.

JimmyNood

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  12:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobody at my office knows I'm a nudist because I live in an exceptionally Puritanical environment (Virginia) where no nude beaches exist and girls get "warnings" for wearing "thong" swimsuits at the beaches and must cover up or change.
I don't think I'm going to live long enough to educate the uninformed public and I no longer "sign up" to the first "dead soldier at the gate" when it comes to inviting controversy. My wife and I simply enjoy our quiet nude vacations with other like-minded people who also attend the facility and the beaches.

Jim

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ... Topic Next Topic: I was wondering something  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved