Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 215 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Outdoor Showers
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Hoteliers new album Goodness Topic Next Topic: Spring time  

heyuh

Posted - 05/08/2016 :  11:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit heyuh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe I haven't looked enough but I have not seen a topic for outdoor showers.
My wife and I have showered outdoors exclusively for the past year, even in the wintertime!
Our shower has three sides fully protected and we can look at the stars or clouds while we shower, it is great!
The key is the propane water heater, it is supplied with water by a garden hose and only requires a 20# propane tank and two D cel batteries.
The water is instantly hot and does not run out.
It has been a great improvement for our lifestyle!

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2016 :  5:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Heyuh. I used to have a very similar shower when I lived in Albuquerque, NM. It had a small propane tank and a garden hose. The heater was mounted on a couple of 2x4s and I had an old shipping pallet to stand on. Ten years ago I moved up to Washington State and our winters are so cold that outdoor plumbing would freeze and break. My house here has a "demand" water heater so I ran a pipe out to the back corner where I installed a shower head. It works great all summer and I can drain it in winter. I haven't installed any wind protection so I get a full view every direction except the house. Life is good.
Bob

Naked is green.

Edited by - gnarlyoldman on 05/24/2016 5:29:47 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2016 :  6:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had an outdoor shower the last two homes we've owned. Our current outdoor shower is open and is attached to the exterior wall next to our covered patio. Southern California weather allows for us to shower outside almost always. Sometimes is too cold but since it's a hot/cold water shower, even in winter or colder nights, it's nice to take a shower out there and enjoy the added freedom of not having it enclosed at all.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2016 :  04:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed ours last year in our winter home. Hot and cold water, multi spray head with massage and a hand wand to shower the dog when needed. It faces the woods so at first it had no surround around it. Wife thought it best to at least put side walls on and a table on one side and a sit on bench on the other side and the front faces open to the woods

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2016 :  09:23:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Huh ... a bench ... never thought of that but my wife would really like that. She frequently takes a shower outside during our warmer days but will come inside to shave her legs. If I bought a small bench for her to put her legs up on ... she could shave her legs at the outdoor shower as well.

I'll now be on the hunt for a small teak bench!

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2016 :  02:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

I'll now be on the hunt for a small teak bench!

Starting place: Bed Bath and Beyond have several, not just teak.

CalgaryMark
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional. Laughing at yourself is therapeutic.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2016 :  11:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahaha ... I almost live at that place ... one of my wife's favs. I know they have those shower stools cuz I needed one for our indoor shower. I'll have to check some benches out next time in!

Edited by - FireProf on 05/26/2016 11:12:31 AM

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 05/31/2016 :  11:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sometimes put a plastic patio furniture chair by my outdoor shower. Or, sometimes I put one of those little plastic patio furniture tables, the kind that are about 15 inches square or so. Neither sunshine for water hurts the plastic furniture and it provides a place to put a foot up and for other uses. Not as fancy or expensive as a teak bench though.

Naked is green.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2016 :  12:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnarlyoldman

Not as fancy or expensive as a teak bench though.

Naked is green.

haha ... my wife is all about functionality and ... aesthetics! hahahahaha

itsbetterba
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2016 :  08:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Send itsbetterba an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We had one at our old house. I took all my summer showers outside. I need to find a place to put one here at my new house. Nothing better than taking a shower outside.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2016 :  06:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am involved in construction and when living in the inner city came across a guy that had a temporary outdoor shower while renovating his inner city house. Had it for 12 months or so in clear view of the neighbours upper level windows. Since then I have moved to being close to the coast on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria. About 1/3 of the new places I see have an outdoor shower. Whether they are nudists and shower as such outside is a different question. Can't wait to shift closer to the coast and do the same myself. SBN.

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2016 :  11:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soonbnude
About 1/3 of the new places I see have an outdoor shower. Whether they are nudists and shower as such outside is a different question.

If its being installed on the new houses then some builder decided to include outside showers on his homes. Some of the buyers won't use them, but its a good bet that a large percentage of the buyers chose the house with the outside shower (and paid a little more for it) because they imagined themselves using the outside shower.

My guess is that most of them do not self identify as nudists. But the outside shower gives them an excuse to be outside naked. They do intend to go outside to enjoy the exposure and the sunshine naked. Some of them won't but many will. And if 1/3 of new homes are being bought by people intending to shower outside that's becoming a sea change in attitude. Perhaps like having a hot tub, it give people an excuse to be outside naked without having to self identify as nudist.

Thanks for reporting your observation of new home styles.

Naked is green.

Edited by - gnarlyoldman on 06/09/2016 11:22:36 AM

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2016 :  09:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yes, some of these may be for show, most are more for people to rinse the salt off when they come back from the beach.

I'm guessing maybe 5% get used by nudists or people showering nude. Anyway if I build one it will be.

SBN.

Previous Topic: The Hoteliers new album Goodness Topic Next Topic: Spring time  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved