Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 488 ]  [ Total: 488 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Nude Beach Conduct - "Lewd It And Lose It"
 How would you address someone misbehaving?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Beach Etiquette: Nude and Non-Nude Topic Next Topic: Exibitionists
Page: of 4

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  3:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This topic is so worn, but I'm going to add my 2 cents in anyway.
It is not about what you are or not wearing, it is about your actions. I would not be offended by encountering a nude person on the street corner, but might be concerned about the motives for being nude in that particular place and time.
Many use the 'children' as an excuse for modesty, but I have no problem with my kids seeing other naked humans. I do not care to watch others having sex, or evacuating their entrails either. Those are not social functions in my culture, and therefore are kept private.
What I choose to wear is different than what I choose to do. If in a social situation, which anywhere in public qualifies, I would not engage in private activities and appreciate if others in that public setting did likewise.

I think it boils down to respect of others.

Best Regard,
Safebare

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  7:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DerekHeuser

quote:
Originally posted by rkitek

I wouldn't expect to see sex on the street corner, so why should I expect it on a nude beach? Nude does not equal sex. That is the problem with this country, we can't seem to separate the two.

This makes no sense, you wouldn't expect to see someone naked on the street corner either. When you are at a nude beach you see everyone's sexual organs, it is naive to pretend that noone uses them.

As for families going to nude beaches and being offended by sexual acts, are they offended because of their children? If they are trying to shelter their children from the horrible act of sex then why are they bringing them to a place where everyone is naked? I think that sends a mixed message. The kids are going to figure it out sooner or later. I think the message they should send to their children is this:

"We are all human, all of us have reproductive organs and this is nothing to be ashamed of. We must show respect to others at all times, even when we are naked."

While I can see what your point would be, the situation you would want does not match up to what the crowd wants. The crowd has more in numbers than does an individual. You would simply be out-voted.

Think of it this way -- when we are around others, we must be group minded, or else we upset the ordinary people. If you want to specialize, then find a place that meets your requirements; most likely a secluded beach or forest spot, etc.

Since you have now, or earlier discovered, that the public doesn't want the same thing you want --free sex on a public beach, you might want to re-think your situation. I don't think you're the kind of guy who wants to overturn the applecart.

If you have other friends who are like minded, you might create your own beach experience in a private place somewhere. That way, we all have the best of both worlds. The general public gets what they want, and so do you. How could one improve on that, given the public's taste?

Add to that, you could inadvertently cause a beach to be the object of complaints to the authorities. That brings about beach closures for nudists. It's a touchy issue (bad pun again), and it needs to be handled with forethought, and not just by random actions.

Again, I mention being group-minded, and think of what others want, in conjunction with what you want. We are not isolated people, each going our own separate way, but since we have a large population, we must be considerate of others and their needs.

"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson

DerekHeuser

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  7:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rkitek

I wouldn't expect to see sex on the street corner, so why should I expect it on a nude beach? Nude does not equal sex. That is the problem with this country, we can't seem to separate the two.

This makes no sense, you wouldn't expect to see someone naked on the street corner either. When you are at a nude beach you see everyone's sexual organs, it is naive to pretend that noone uses them.

As for families going to nude beaches and being offended by sexual acts, are they offended because of their children? If they are trying to shelter their children from the horrible act of sex then why are they bringing them to a place where everyone is naked? I think that sends a mixed message. The kids are going to figure it out sooner or later. I think the message they should send to their children is this:

"We are all human, all of us have reproductive organs and this is nothing to be ashamed of. We must show respect to others at all times, even when we are naked."

While I can see what your point would be, the situation you would want does not match up to what the crowd wants. The crowd has more in numbers than does an individual. You would simply be out-voted.

Think of it this way -- when we are around others, we must be group minded, or else we upset the ordinary people. If you want to specialize, then find a place that meets your requirements; most likely a secluded beach or forest spot, etc.

Since you have now, or earlier discovered, that the public doesn't want the same thing you want --free sex on a public beach, you might want to re-think your situation. I don't think you're the kind of guy who wants to overturn the applecart.

If you have other friends who are like minded, you might create your own beach experience in a private place somewhere. That way, we all have the best of both worlds. The general public gets what they want, and so do you. How could one improve on that, given the public's taste?

Add to that, you could inadvertently cause a beach to be the object of complaints to the authorities. That brings about beach closures for nudists. It's a touchy issue (bad pun again), and it needs to be handled with forethought, and not just by random actions.

Again, I mention being group-minded, and think of what others want, in conjunction with what you want. We are not isolated people, each going our own separate way, but since we have a large population, we must be considerate of others and their needs.

"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson

Yea I suppose you're right, I guess i just wouldn't have a problem if I saw someone doing that. Im not very experienced I've only been to a nude beach a couple times so I'm speaking purely on theory. Perhaps I have something to learn. I myself would never be lewd but I guess I wouldn't say anything to someone either.

Maple Leaf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  7:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
probably it's because of the misconception taht nudity=sex. Sexual activity would probably confirm that for a lot of people.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  12:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yea I suppose you're right, I guess i just wouldn't have a problem if I saw someone doing that. Im not very experienced I've only been to a nude beach a couple times so I'm speaking purely on theory. Perhaps I have something to learn. I myself would never be lewd but I guess I wouldn't say anything to someone either.

I don't know your whereabouts, but you can check around your area, consult maps online, or get some geological maps of your area which will show areas around you in great detail, including paths, contour lines, rivers, lakes, and more. With all the millions of acres of rural areas, there must be something around the area where you live.

If you ever want to just try an ordinary G-rated nude beach, come on down, relax, and have a nice day off from work. You can experience both types, and maybe you'll like both types. As you get older, you may find that regular nude beaches are more in line with what you want. Not implying that you are not mature at all, but when you are in, say, your 50s and beyond, just being at a nude beach is good enough. Depends on one's mindset, I suppose.

The good news is, there is opportunity for both kinds of beach activities. Yours will take a bit of initiative, again depending on where you live. If you live near some mountains, there will be plenty of rivers and streams to check out. If you live in the midwest, I can't say anything with expertise. So, use your imagination and intellect, and you can find something that works for you. Just be careful of where you plunk down, and make sure your party is not in a place where you'll be discovered.

Thomas Jefferson

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  5:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Once at the nude beach this guys was walking up and down the beach with an erection. He was walking up next to everyone showing it off and even touch himself to keep it up.

Needless to say everyone was getting fed up so I just stopped him and told him “If that thing lasts more than 4 hours you’ll have to go to the hospital.”

Must have worked cause SHORTLY (pun intended) after that he packed up and left.

Diger

rabbitnbunny
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  11:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit rabbitnbunny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't fool around. I use my phone to take their pic if they're having sex, and email it to the local cops. Then I tell them. They sure leave quickly. It helps that I'm 6'7", and 280 perhaps, lol.

Edited by - rabbitnbunny on 04/21/2012 11:46:11 AM

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  4:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rabbitnbunny

I don't fool around. I use my phone to take their pic if they're having sex, and email it to the local cops. Then I tell them. They sure leave quickly. It helps that I'm 6'7", and 280 perhaps, lol.

I'm sure that doesn't hurt. Keep up the good work!

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  6:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E-mailing a complaint to the local cops would go into their "trouble area" file. They count the "incidents" and if there are several in one area they lobby for laws against whatever is going on there.

Regardless of how "right" one is to object to the behavior of someone else, sending a photo to the local cops is bad for everyone who wants a hassle free place to go naked. Just the way cops work.

Bob Knows

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  11:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob is correct. This is what happened at San Onofre Beach, Trail 6, south of San Clemente, CA. 13 reported incidents of lewd acts were reported. 8 of those acts happened in the parking lot ... a mile away from the beach!

Another 4-5 incidents were reported by nudists on the beach and calls to the rangers were for help to remove the offending party. This was over an 18 month period. Typically, on a nice weekend, there would be 12-1500 nudists visiting this beach. It got so crowded that there were 3-4 rows of nudist 4-5 ft apart, the length of the nude section of beach. 6 incidents that occurred on the beach in 18 monthts!

Our past president of the Friends of San Onofre Beach group, Marianna Handler, was an absolute PRO at telling offenders what they were doing wrong and why they should not. She spent more time with these people explaining, then needed to be but that was her way and I think she got better results.

You can be polite, you can be stern or you can be forceful or threatening. I've found that being stern works and if you have some other regulars around to make a show of unity and support... almost all of these offenders will leave.

While we were visiting our beach on a regular basis ... our approach was simple. Explain that what they are doing is cause for our beach to be shut down. Explain that they are being rude to act as if there is no one else around and contrary to what they thought ... the vast majority doesn't want to watch their sexual activity. If they presist ... call in the re-enforcements or take it upon yourself to threaten forced ejection. It can be done without violence and physical confrontation.

We only had a couple of couples or guys that refused and when a few guys got around them, and began packing up their gear and walking it down the beach ... they asked for their belongings and left.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  11:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Fire,

We had the pleasure sitting in Marianna's home in TN and listening to her war stories at San Onofre. I agree she had a nack for it and she spoke of the backup she had when anyone gave her an attitude. She is well and still very active with a great group of nudist friends that have addopted her as famliy.

Diger

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  11:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WE miss her a great deal ... as a leader, a spokesperson for naturism but mostly as a friend.

Give her a big hug from us and her family at San O !

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  10:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Will do ... Hope to see her Saturday. She's having a party at her house for her friends if we can make it.

Diger

rabbitnbunny
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  02:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit rabbitnbunny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What happened at San Onofre has more to do with local housing development than sexual misbehavior by beach goers. The local new homeowners are objecting to nudes, period.

Pelican58
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  01:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like children, most people will do things to see if, or for as long as, they can get away with them. I like the "HEY! ARE YOU TRYING TO GET THIS BEACH SHUT DOWN??!!" appeoach. Loud and firm. Especially if you can get a few to join you. They know immediatly what you are talking about. It will kill their mood very quickly. Make peace by letting them know that it's not personal, they are welcome to stay, but that sexual behavior is not tolerated for the protection of the beach. Thank them for cooperating. You may even win a friend.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Beach Etiquette: Nude and Non-Nude Topic Next Topic: Exibitionists  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved