Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 184 ]  [ Total: 184 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Nude Beach Conduct - "Lewd It And Lose It"
 How would you address someone misbehaving?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Beach Etiquette: Nude and Non-Nude Topic Next Topic: Exibitionists
Page: of 4

Piero

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  7:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In our case we had a really loud New yorker next to us so she told him to knock it the F*** off or she was calling the police ... It worked he left

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  12:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's see......the Prof usually starts out by saying "Do you mind!" very loud. If that doesn't work she gets up out of her chair and walks over and gives them whatfor.

Me.............I've let out a loud, "Hey!" This gets several others surrounding us to look our way, then I get up and go over and say something to them like, "do you realize that what you are doing could cause all of us to lose this beach for nude use!!" "You have two choices, either knock it off or leave and beach now!"

I've only had to use this several times and in all cases the offensive couple has left the beach out of embarrassment.

now.......if it's something a bit more innocent and not openly sexual but still is inappropriate, I'm nowhere near as loud. I have gone over and just talk to them and explained about nude beach etiquette and the sensitive nature of keeping a nude beach, a nude beach and the fact that they are jeapordizing it by their actions.

Edited by - FireProf on 08/28/2006 12:08:42 AM

SmittynAtlanta

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  1:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit SmittynAtlanta's Homepage  Send SmittynAtlanta an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just another opinion or a different angle to take. What if say you are a local to that nude beach and know it well. And suppose you know a private area that isn't visisted much. What if you suggested they go over to that spot that is secluded and continued there?

That way you are getting them away from the main beach area but they can satisfy their little thrill of public affection. Or atleast take it into the ocean.

People are always going to try to have sex on the beach or in a public area for the thrill. That is regardless if it is a nude beach, topless beach, Swingers beach made for people to screw or a beach ran by Mickey Mouse.

I just think scaring them off can hurt the nudist lifestyle becuase they'll just think we are Jesus freaks who don't like clothes. We want them to know we are as crazy as them but to calm the labido down some until you go somewhere else.

Just a thought.

If Government were a product it would be illegal - PJ O'rourke

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  6:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smitty, That is also totally inappropriate on a clothing optional beach and CAN and HAS caused us to lose beaches.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  9:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thank you contributors so far. How about Gunnison Beach that has been nudist for so many years (longer than I know of)? It has been longer than 20 years. Gunnison is known for homosexual activity.

I raise the question, because they wouldn't believe that we could lose Gunnison Beach.

Naturally, Lester

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  7:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Piero, I agree with you, these actions are illegal and can harm our clothes optional (NUDE)beaches, which are public places and criminals aren't welcome. Cell phones, who doesn't have one, I'm sure they'll leave quick with the Troopers on to them and not us. They'll respect us too! They serve and protect us for which I'm GLAD! Sex and Drugs don't belong on our Beaches.

go n nude

Mark F

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  9:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This seems like the best topic in which to ask this question. My wife and I are complete novices to nudiest activities, and we'd like to know the basic rules of conduct. We're parents in our late 40's and, of course, wouldn't want to offend anyone. I've seen references to the expectation that men should be inconspicuous if they should have an erection, for example. I certainly don't intend to be lewd or leer at people, but I also want to relaxed and, well, natural if I'm lying on a beach or sitting by a lake. Could someone recommend a basic primer on proper conduct at a nudist resort. thanks.

ßeachcomber
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  04:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't need a list of instructions Mark. Just start with the assumption that any behaviour not acceptable in a textile environment is just as unacceptable in a nudist environment.

Nudejoe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  11:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would probably try to find someone in authority and report to them that someone was doing something that was not appropriate and they should have them removed. While I would like to tell them off and tell them to stop doing whatever it was that they were doing and go else where, I worry about the confrontation turning violent and getting in harm's way.

DerekHeuser

Posted - 09/17/2009 :  11:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont understand how a sexual act causes the loss of a nude beach, there aren't any police on the nude beach, if anyone is causing the loss its the conservative people that report it. Sex is just as natural as nudity. So what if a guy is masturbating? Hes not hurting anyone, let him have at it. There is no danger to anyone there. The same goes for a couple, who are they hurting by having sex in front of everyone? Just look away if it bothers you.

In response to this thread I wouldn't say anything at all because I'm not there to judge anyone.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  01:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DerekHeuser

I dont understand how a sexual act causes the loss of a nude beach, there aren't any police on the nude beach, if anyone is causing the loss its the conservative people that report it. Sex is just as natural as nudity. So what if a guy is masturbating? Hes not hurting anyone, let him have at it. There is no danger to anyone there. The same goes for a couple, who are they hurting by having sex in front of everyone? Just look away if it bothers you.

In response to this thread I wouldn't say anything at all because I'm not there to judge anyone.

Perhaps there might be beaches like the one you describe somewhere, but that is not what families would want to see at a nude beach. Nude beaches need to cater to the average person, not the hyper-sexual folks. If the latter can find a secluded beach where no one else is, fine.

The average person is the most numerous, and it is they whose support we need to have, not that of the sexual exhibitionists. The average person probably will have the last say if a beach is going to be a nude one. You have to appeal to these folks, and their tastes.

Personally, I wouldn't want to visit a beach where open sex is going on. I am there for the atmosphere, the chance to be outdoors in the nude, but not to see private moments of sexual passion. Nudity does not = sex, at a nudist beach. We all have urges, but we also have minds that know how to control them.

You may feel strongly about your opinion, and maybe you can find a beach that suits you (sorry for the bad pun). There are many secluded places around you, and you can do what you want there.

Why spoil the fun for the majority of the people at a beach with behavior that is not group minded? There is always time for ourselves, and there is time for being in public, and let us remember the difference between the two.

"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson

ddoger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  11:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank-you Warmskin, I concur. Inappropriate, selfish, sexual acts on public beaches are causing problems for everyone else. People like to think that their actions don't harm anyone else but fail to see what is really happening. The privileges of many are being taken away at the expense of a thoughtless few. In order to keep these beaches open, we need to be above reproach. There can't even be a hint of misbehaviour. Don't give the opponents and ammunition.

Just my opinion
ddoger

DerekHeuser

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  11:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

quote:
Originally posted by DerekHeuser

Perhaps there might be beaches like the one you describe somewhere, but that is not what families would want to see at a nude beach. Nude beaches need to cater to the average person, not the hyper-sexual folks. If the latter can find a secluded beach where no one else is, fine.

The average person is the most numerous, and it is they whose support we need to have, not that of the sexual exhibitionists. The average person probably will have the last say if a beach is going to be a nude one. You have to appeal to these folks, and their tastes.

Personally, I wouldn't want to visit a beach where open sex is going on. I am there for the atmosphere, the chance to be outdoors in the nude, but not to see private moments of sexual passion. Nudity does not = sex, at a nudist beach. We all have urges, but we also have minds that know how to control them.

You may feel strongly about your opinion, and maybe you can find a beach that suits you (sorry for the bad pun). There are many secluded places around you, and you can do what you want there.

Why spoil the fun for the majority of the people at a beach with behavior that is not group minded? There is always time for ourselves, and there is time for being in public, and let us remember the difference between the two.

"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson

Yea i suppose i can see this reasoning, still I don't understand how such open minded people that attend nude beaches still have limitations in their thinking. Apparently noone likes to see anyone pee, have an erection, gawk, or do anything sexual. In my opinion all of these things are natural and as long as noone is threatening anyone else, why does it matter? Nudity is just the first step to enlightenment in my opinion.

rkitek
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  12:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't expect to see sex on the street corner, so why should I expect it on a nude beach? Nude does not equal sex. That is the problem with this country, we can't seem to separate the two.

DerekHeuser

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  12:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rkitek

I wouldn't expect to see sex on the street corner, so why should I expect it on a nude beach? Nude does not equal sex. That is the problem with this country, we can't seem to separate the two.

This makes no sense, you wouldn't expect to see someone naked on the street corner either. When you are at a nude beach you see everyone's sexual organs, it is naive to pretend that noone uses them.

As for families going to nude beaches and being offended by sexual acts, are they offended because of their children? If they are trying to shelter their children from the horrible act of sex then why are they bringing them to a place where everyone is naked? I think that sends a mixed message. The kids are going to figure it out sooner or later. I think the message they should send to their children is this:

"We are all human, all of us have reproductive organs and this is nothing to be ashamed of. We must show respect to others at all times, even when we are naked."

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Beach Etiquette: Nude and Non-Nude Topic Next Topic: Exibitionists  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 3.04 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved