Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 527 ]  [ Total: 527 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Does your family know you are a Nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...
Page: of 18

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  4:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neither of my parents are alive now and Sue's mum is in her eighties. When we were younger, we just kept the secret from the family although I am sure my brother who is worldly wise wouldn't have a problem. We just wanted a peaceful life but in hindsight, I think we were wrong. Perhaps this is why we are more open now with friends that we were before. I actually find it interesting to talk with non nudist friends about nudism just to see their reaction. I normally get "well we have never tried it but I suppose there is nothing wrong in it" I then whet their appetite.

You never know, there could be a nudist in waiting who has just been too nervous to try it. Not all are born to it as we weren't

Mike

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  5:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point Mike. You never know who could be a nudist. Maybe someone you never thought is also a nudist, but keeps it to themselves. You could go on forever keeping a "secret" that never needed to be kept.

Edited by - allnaturalwife on 10/27/2006 5:37:53 PM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  6:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

Why would nudists even want to talk about nudism with non-nudists.wouldnt really be good conversation,I would think.

Jenn

Good point Jenn, I never thought of it that way.

Diger

Bronx Kid

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  4:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, they would never understand

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  10:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tuffers

Neither of my parents are alive now and Sue's mum is in her eighties. When we were younger, we just kept the secret from the family although I am sure my brother who is worldly wise wouldn't have a problem. We just wanted a peaceful life but in hindsight, I think we were wrong. Perhaps this is why we are more open now with friends that we were before. I actually find it interesting to talk with non nudist friends about nudism just to see their reaction. I normally get "well we have never tried it but I suppose there is nothing wrong in it" I then whet their appetite.

You never know, there could be a nudist in waiting who has just been too nervous to try it. Not all are born to it as we weren't

Mike

Recently I wore a T shirt to work with a clearly nudist motif. I forgot I had it on. A reserved and proper (and very nice) female co:worker looked at the T shirt, came over and grabbed my arm and pull me next to her with a big but somewhat embarrassed smile and walked down the hall holding my arm. May be it pays to advertise.

Best Wishes, Jim

n/a 04jan08
deleted

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  9:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes. they see our pictures in our house. and have snooped in photoalbums. I think as far as my wife's family they weren't surprised, know how she was growing up, a little exhibitionist.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  5:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We also have a lot of family pictures in our house that are nude. In fact most of them. Since 99% of our time is spent nude, it stands to reason that most pictures of us at the beach, or in our backyard, or at our club will be nude. I would say a good portion of our family photos are nude.

Jenn

patlynn

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  3:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Send patlynn a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

I made the mistake of telling my family 3 years ago. Since my daughter seemed to be more open about things I told her first, she was 22 at the time. She acted like she was ok with it as long as I was happy but just this year I discovered otherwise. What surprises me about that is that she was the one that was so anxious to tell her brother about my new lifestyle.

I wrote a letter to my parents and left it for them before leaving for my vacation at a nudist resort and they responded badly. We did not speak for months. After that everyone in my family knew.

I come from a very conservative Southern Baptist family who believes it a sin to be a nudist. I met my husband right after telling my parents. If I had met him earlier I would not have told any of them, he would have advised me not to based on hiw own experience.

I now regret my decision to tell them and am now suffering the consequences. My advice to anyone considering telling their family or friends think twice and then think again.

Patti Pacer

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  3:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Patti, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone, at least you have your husband's support.
Good luck with the future, and I hope your family see's some sense soon.

Pete Knight

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  3:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by patlynn

I made the mistake of telling my family 3 years ago. Since my daughter seemed to be more open about things I told her first, she was 22 at the time. She acted like she was ok with it as long as I was happy but just this year I discovered otherwise. What surprises me about that is that she was the one that was so anxious to tell her brother about my new lifestyle.

I wrote a letter to my parents and left it for them before leaving for my vacation at a nudist resort and they responded badly. We did not speak for months. After that everyone in my family knew.

I come from a very conservative Southern Baptist family who believes it a sin to be a nudist. I met my husband right after telling my parents. If I had met him earlier I would not have told any of them, he would have advised me not to based on hiw own experience.

I now regret my decision to tell them and am now suffering the consequences. My advice to anyone considering telling their family or friends think twice and then think again.

Patti Pacer

I'm sorry you had such difficulty with informing your family. When I was with my then 80-something year old mom-in-law just talking in the kitchen, I told her than her son and I had been skinnydipping. That does sound like the innocent activity nudism/naturism is about. Many do not understand what we are truly about. Mother just giggled. My sister is a nudist now as is one of her two sons. The other understands but it's not for him and it's not for everyone.

Perhaps in time, your family will understand. At least Stone Mt, GA is close to Atlanta. Darlington, SC is more conservative.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 11/25/2006 3:38:31 PM

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  5:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is sort of tiresome having to keep straight Those Who Know and Those Who Don't, and not being able to talk about nude vacations with just anyone. However, my philosophy has always been "Pick your battles". The fact is, nobody has any real need to know, nor do I intend to recruit, proselytise, or otherwise "educate" people about nudism ... unless they ask. We have our nudie friends and our textile friends & family, and I don't see any reason for the two worlds to collide.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  4:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Doc. It becomes quite a pain to remember what topics to avoid with certain people. That is why for the most part everyone around us knows we are nudists. With the exception of my daughters teachers at school and maybe a handfull of others all the people our family comes into contact with either are nudists themselves or dont mind that we are. We figured a long time ago that anyone who cannot "deal with" such a huge part of who we are are not people we ant in our lives anyway.

Jenn

shaneone
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  6:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SOme of my family know, others don't. My mom and dad or ok with it. We were never a nudist family growing up. Very much close the door and cover up at all times. But when we sent my parents away for their 25th wedding anniversary they came back and my mom told me they ahd been to a nudist beach for their first time. i then told her i was a nudist and she was great. some of my brothers ewre disgusted that my parents had gone nude and were not so happy with me either. but, it's my choice and they can live their lives how they want and i won't judge.
So, in short some do some don't

CathyK
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  6:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to be very selective about who I told. But then I made a decision that I cannot and should not have to essentially live two lives. I am what I am, and I am a nudist. Just like anything else in life, some people will accept you and some won't, whether it's your religion, political inclination, or your lifestyle. And once I decided to go "public" with who I am, it was one less thing to worry about.

Cathy

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  7:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Cathy. That is how my family and I live our lives as well.

Jenn

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved