Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 178 ]  [ Total: 178 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Does your family know you are a Nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...
Page: of 18

dragonfly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  7:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, I wish we could talk more about the family issue. My wife was sexually, menatly,a7 physically abused. Even her first husband was not kind. The flash backs tried to wreck what we have togeather but we have hung on. Nudity does not equal sex and in time you may learn that sex does not equal abuse. When the time comes that you meet someone let him know you will be in control of when intamitcy feels right. If he can't handle that show him the door. And yes my wife is in control and has been for 12 years she like you needs to feel safe. She has chosen not to have contact with her family for her well being and safety. Good luck

Tom

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  7:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I told my family about my one visit to a nude beach in Greece when I was in the Navy. Their reaction told me not to ever mention it again. I was further reminded of this again when my mom called me to tell me to change the channel. The show was Taboo-lifestyles and on it was a segment about nudism. She was laughing at the people they were showing saying "how could anyone do something as crazy as that". Remember, this is the same lady who voted for our former governor Edwin Edwards every time he ran for office simply because he's cute. For those who don't know, the former governor currently resides in federal prison along with his son and many others associated with him.

We the willing who are led by the unknown must do the impossible for the ungrateful.

Jochanaan
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  8:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sailor, your family is stranger than mine!

P.S. I thought the saying went, "We the UNwilling, led by the unknowing, must do the impossible for the ungrateful."

And then there's the one about being a mushroom...

higgie

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  2:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being a home nudist (currently), my unwilling wife knows, but very few others do. My mother-in-law and my two adult step sons (and step daughter-in-law) know that I'm often nude at home but I remain dressed when they're around (mostly because my wife would have a conniption if I didn't, and maybe they would too though I doubt that...) My own grown sons are 2 states away and they do not know about my nudity, neither does my ex-wife nor any other family members.

If God wanted us to be nude, we'd be born that way.

mission594
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  10:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Send mission594 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yes, and no. I have psoriasis of the skin and my extended family members that I'm out in the yard nude often, but I'm not sure if they would think of me as a nudist even though I don't bother to dress when I'm done getting my "treatment" from the sun. They don't know that my wife and children are nudists as well though. Well, the wife's mother does know, but she is the only one of the extended family.

Daniel

I know my favorite suit is under these clothes somewhere!?

gladdyman
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  2:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been visiting nudist beaches overseas and last year joined our local nudist club.
It was the best decision we have made.
The people at the club made us welcome and we now wonder why we were so long in joining.
We did have a distaistful experience at the beach when a man followed us around and masturbated in front of us despite being told that we were not interested.
It also meant that we had to find another beach.
Those type of people are found out and quickly sent on their way if they do that sort of thing at a club

freecplnAr
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  3:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When my wife and I began our relationship about two years ago, it didn't take long for the subject to come up. We were both relieved that the other was a naturist. As far as family, our 16 year old daughter/step-daughter knows, but chooses not to participate. She is very "okay" with us participating as long as we don't flaunt the practice in her face or try to convert her. She is becoming more interested, though. When we are in the buff around the house or outside we simply tell her what we are doing (sunning, sitting on the deck, etc.) ahead of time and she doesn't bother us. She will, however, talk to us through an open window or door. My wife's family is very aware of our naturism, but my family would be substantially more difficult to discuss it with.

"We...hate..clothes"

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  5:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in the 1950s and 60s, my father was naked around the house all the time, even at the dinner table. In later years he visited nude beaches in Tahiti with his second wife ... and had the pictures to prove it. Problem is ... he was generally kind of a jerk, and had a rather poor relationship with us kids. My brother and sister automatically associate the idea of public nudity with memories of not-so-Dear Old Dad, and they find it very off-putting. Therefore I have never told them that my wife and I have been to numerous nude beaches, resorts, spas, etc. I don't think it would cause a "This changes everything!" moment, but I don't see the need for what I am sure would be a rather negative response. So ... we put away the "N" magazines and AANR newsletters when they visit, and do our nude thing on our own time.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  5:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, they know I am a nudist. My wife doesn't approve of group nudity but I told her I would begin visiting nudist camps. I also inform my son and his wife, my daughter, a few other in-laws and a few friends. One male friend of 60 years said he would squeal on me to a female friend of 61 years who I adore. I said good by me.

My daughter in-law was interested and asked some interesting questions, such as, wasn't I afraid of getting sun burned on a body part that had rarely seen the sun. My response was honest, I hadn't thought it.

Best Wishes, Jim

imnude2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  11:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am a want-to-be nudist. My experience on this subject of nudism has been restricted to home (being nude indoors only.) I am interested in exploring further this "freedom" of living the nudists lifestyle. I hope to visit a nudists resort within the next few months. In the meantime, I am trying to get a feel for how other experienced nudists describe their lifestyle. Also, I am thinking all the time about telling my (friends, family, neighbors, etc...) that I have always enjoyed being nude at home (as often as I can) and I want them to know this. I have this idea that letting your family, friends, neighbors know will somehow bring us closer together as "family" (a unity/bond with all.)

I am looking forward to first experiencing nudism further and then maybe, slowly, let others know. (Still, I have a lot of questions and comments so far about nudism/being a nudists/right & wrong issues, etc...) My idea is to be comfortable with everyone without clothes and joining that atmosphere of what I think may be very enriching in many ways, spiritually mostly.

I thank everyone participating in these forums for their contribution. It provides me with a great understanding of what nudism means to each.

I look forward to that day when I am an active participant and my family, friends and neighbors know I am a nudists.

Best wishes to all,
ImNude2

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  02:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by imnude2

Hello, I am a want-to-be nudist. My experience on this subject of nudism has been restricted to home (being nude indoors only.) I am interested in exploring further this "freedom" of living the nudists lifestyle. I hope to visit a nudists resort within the next few months. In the meantime, I am trying to get a feel for how other experienced nudists describe their lifestyle. Also, I am thinking all the time about telling my (friends, family, neighbors, etc...) that I have always enjoyed being nude at home (as often as I can) and I want them to know this. I have this idea that letting your family, friends, neighbors know will somehow bring us closer together as "family" (a unity/bond with all.)

I am looking forward to first experiencing nudism further and then maybe, slowly, let others know. (Still, I have a lot of questions and comments so far about nudism/being a nudists/right & wrong issues, etc...) My idea is to be comfortable with everyone without clothes and joining that atmosphere of what I think may be very enriching in many ways, spiritually mostly.

I thank everyone participating in these forums for their contribution. It provides me with a great understanding of what nudism means to each.

I look forward to that day when I am an active participant and my family, friends and neighbors know I am a nudists.

Best wishes to all,
ImNude2

ImNude2

I think everybody not born into a nudist family runs into these problems. It's funny how we deal with these insecurities when we try to form our identities and test beliefs as adults. I'm in a very similar boat to you... and I'd like to thank not only people that are out there helping the rest of us, like Prof, Cheri, and Doc, but other newbies, like you, for helping me understand what we mean when we say "nudism".

nufdekan

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  9:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spend virtually all my time nude around home frustrates my partner at times as we have a 7 year old son and he is very much the same my responce why where clothes when u dont have too. i live in an area where there are a lot of beaches and no people to speak of and find if i am fishing or just relaxing i am the only person around with the odd passer bye and i havent seen another nude person in 8 years i have lived up the top of the north island. if there are any other nudistsfrom nz please feel free to get in touch

imnude2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  12:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello HG8Harrier,

Thank you too!

Best wishes,
ImNude2

Lakota

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have told all of my friends and family. It's never mentioned, but never denied.

I think it's funny when the friends that know, ask me and my girlfriend, when we are headed off to a hotsprings, if we are going to do our "nudie" thing. I PROUDLY say "Hell Yes!"

Becoming a nudist, changed my life. We are lucky people.

GO BUCKS!!!

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  3:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats the way our family is with our non-nude friends( although very few,we still have some). They accept the fact that we are nudists but we dont "talk" about it. Why would nudists even want to talk about nudism with non-nudists.wouldnt really be good conversation,I would think.

Jenn

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.4 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved