Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 273 ]  [ Total: 273 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 Christian nudist groups
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: what if... Topic Next Topic: Christian to help with questions in So Cal.
Page: of 6

a1aparrot

Posted - 08/11/2002 :  12:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps it WAS a mistake Marked, a FREUDIAN mistake!

So who's the first to go bathe with Jesus?

I wonder if Jesus bought the Porsche? If so, did he get a special "Diety" discount?

I'm not trying to mock your religion Marked, but the web site was pretty funny, and I do believe that the greatest gift that God bestowed upon his children was a sense of humor. Look around you. God definitely has a sense of humor. Ever taken a good look at a chicken?

Think about it Marked, we were created in God's image. To me that means we are like God in both appearance (wasn't Jesus a man?) and in spirit. How can nudity be evil if we were made in the image of God?
The bible is pretty clear that it was Satan that gave humans the shame of being nude. Why do you consider those of us who have broken free of that Satan inspired shame to be evil?

I suppose no one on this message board is ever going to convince you Marked that nudism is not evil. There is no way you will ever realise that unless you give it a try yourself. But, we as a group are a pretty tolerant bunch, can we say the same about you?

boyofspree

Posted - 11/07/2002 :  4:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Send boyofspree an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay...

Here is my 2 cents about Christianity and nudism...I don't think I would be considered an active participant of doing things nude, but I do enjoy sleeping so and being about here and there. But as far as being a Christian goes, I believe I am far more that than a nudist...Hope I can clear up some things...

First of all, I think it is wrong to quote someone who is "religious" and expect what they said to be correct. For man is mortal and imperfect, therefore doing wrong things, as well as saying wrong things. Therefore, go to the Bible for a question you have. Not only will it be answered from the true word of God, but it also won't have some mere person's opinion about it, like some guy...

I've checked some things that they said the Bible promotes nudity as well...something in The Gospel of Thomas I believe...I find this very interesting because that "book" is not found in the original that you would normally buy. The Gospel of Thomas is only incorporated in the Apocrypha which has a bunch of "lost" books of the Bible that only Roman Catholic believe in. There are a numbers of reasons to explain why they are in particular Bibles and why they were not truly inspired the will of God. If you want, I can post these reasons later...

Some people also believe that since God created us naked, as were Adam and Eve, he would want to be nude as He intended. This was true up until the point of the sin of Adam and Eve. After that point, sin came into the world through all different forms...thoughts, actions, and in words. The Bible says that the two sewed figs leaves and wore them because of their embarassment. Many may have their own opinion on why they did this, most believe because they may have not wanted God to see them. This could be true, but more importantly the fact of the temptation was exposed as they were able to understand the true being of nakedness and the "situations" that could occur from it. Keep in mind, the "hid" themselves way before God knew about it(I'm not talking about what He knew in His mind, since He knows all, but I'm talking about what He visually saw face to face before them). They were not concerned about God seeing them naked, they concerned of seeing eachother naked and the sin that could come from it.

Now to sort of sum things up, I believe some forms of nudism are okay (like what I do by myself, refer to the above). What I mean by some that aren't okay, are those that provoke temptation and adulturous actions. Jesus said in Matthew 5 that if you even looked at someone lustfully, that was to be considered as aduldry. You may be thinking, that you are accustomed to seeing others naked and are fine with it and that there is no problem of it. But what about when you first tried it? Were you nervous, shy, worried, etc.? In most cases I would assume, yes. Maybe not. I'm not entirely sure of each and everyone of your backgrounds...But just because you are fine with something now doesn't mean it is okay. For example (this is a drastic example but will apply), let's say you are a mass murder who has been secretly killing people for years now. You have no problem with it, you've been quite comfortable with it, and feel that it is no big deal. But maybe the first time you did it, you were a little skeptical and unsure of what to do and went with your desires or wants. Now what I mean is just because you've grown up into something doesn't mean it is correct, especially if you grew up into it with false/sinful motives.

Anyways, I hope this clears things up just a little bit and hope to talk with you all about some of this in more detail/context. C-ya around!

Ryan

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2003 :  7:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope this helps.

1. In Genesis 1:31, note that God looked upon everything He had made (including naked Adam and Eve) and "saw that it was very good." Also, Gen. 2:35 states that Adam and Eve were naked and felt no shame. Point: Nudity is not inherently sinful (or we would sin every time we bathe, etc.).

2. Sin entered the world not through nudity, but through a selfish and futile attempt to be "like" God (to become a god in God's place), and sin continues to exist because the first sin fundamentally and permanently altered the human condition (all people since Adam and Eve are born desiring to be "like" God, to usurp His authority).

3. Adam and Eve covered up -- not just by donning clothing, but also by hiding behind trees -- because (1) guilt compelled them to try to hide their sin from God; (2) fear compelled them to avoid punishment; (3) ego compelled them to affirm their spiritual isolation from God and each other. God acknowledged the new, altered (broken) human condition when (a) He made better clothes for Adam and Eve (practical, since they were banished from Eden; and spiritual, because they were made of skins -- the first blood sacrifice to "cover up" sin, a sign pointing forward to real atonement later); and when (b) He offered the promise of reconciliation in Gen. 3:15. Clothing today continues to serve the same practical and spiritual purposes -- protection and symbolic atonement (with its accompanying acknowledgement of the broken human condition).

So, is nudity inherently sinful? No. But what we choose to do with it may or may not be so. Is clothing inherently holy? No. But what we do with and in it may or may not be so. Frankly, I have met some nudists who express more love for God and man than numbers of non-nudists I know. I have also met non-nudists who admit that they already struggle with sexual urges, so they choose to stay away from nudity. Whatever the case, the issue for all of us is not the human body itself, but the heart. Biblically, the heart should be pointed first at God, second at others, and third at self. Whatever threatens to upset that order is a problem. Know your boundaries and work to stay within them.

Again, I hope this is helpful. I apologize for the length of the post. I tried to be succinct without skipping salient points. Feel free to request explanation, clarification, etc. Have a beautiful day!

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  3:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marked4Life

Cheri, Cheri, Cheri, ...... I do appreciate your sticking to all of this,,,,Now think about it. A fellow walking around in the desert for any period of time NEEDS cover-up from the intense sun and the cold of the evening. I think when you read this the interpretation is probably that his "thoughts" were laid bare....for contemplation. He was not literally nude, he couldnt have survived. Many times in the bible you will find instances like this....
And it wasn't when Adam and Eve were physically out of the garden that people realized they were nude, it was when God gave them a sense of shame (which God put into people for a reason) after they disobeyed God. And what did they do to correct it? They put on clothes...
You want to see a good christian site? Go to http://www.jesus.com. It may open your eyes....
Mark

I couldn't disagree with you more. Your facts are just plain wrong. You should re-read Genesis 1 - 3. God made Adam and Eve nude (Genesis 2:25). Clothes didn't come until later. It says that God walked and talked with Adam in the cool of the day in the Garden of Eden(Gen 3:8).

This means two things. Adam and God were physically face to face (it says that Adam heard the sound of God walking). It also means that God had no problem with Adam's nudity. Perhaps God was nude too, since we are made in His image. It doesn't say that He wasn't anyway.

I would assume that God was naked. My reasons are this. Adam did not know what clothes were. If he has seen God clothed, surely he would have asked and been given clothing. It doesn't really matter though. God had no problem with Adam's nudity.

Adam and Eve did not know shame until they ate the fruit of the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Eve was tempted by the serpent and ate. Adam was there and participated fully. He chose to follow Eve rather than God. Boy, does that sound familiar!

Once they had eaten of the tree, they knew shame (Gen 3:10). They covered themselves with leaves (Gen 3:7). Note that God did not cover them. God knew that they had eaten from the tree because they covered themselves (Gen 3:11).

This shows that shame is not natural to us. Shame is learned!

God had to act. He had to expel them before they ate from the Tree of Life. He clothed them in animal skins (Gen 3:21).

You might ask why He clothed them. There are several possible reasons. Firstly, they now knew shame and now considered nudity to be shameful. Secondly, they were leaving the comforts of Eden behind. They would need protection from the elements. Thirdly, God loved them despite their sin and He wanted to care for them. Finally, He was modelling how they were to survive in the world by killing animals.

This is not the only examples of nudity. Isaiah was told by God to go for three years nude in order to make His point (IS 20: 1-3). If nudity was a sin then God would not have asked Isaiah to do it!

There are other examples. The early church baptized by complete immersion. There were no bathing suits until modern times. People bathed naked. Early writings indicate that people were baptized nude.

You are trying to apply the morality of our times to the ancients. It does not work. Privacy as we know it is a modern convenience. People even a century or two ago did not know about privacy.

Babies were conceived and delivered in one room houses. People got dressed and bathed either in the one room house or outside. Many people bathed in rivers and streams.

Even within the church there are varying degrees of acceptance of nudity. The YMCA did not allow bathing suits until in my lifetime. Groups like the Quakers have very liberal attitude towards nudity.

We have to be careful not to read more into t

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  3:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beach

When I went to that site I almost DIED laughing so hard.... I almost thought that you were an ok kinda guy Mark.....

I went to the site (the proper url) and it is a good site. it has much good information and even has the Bible online.

There is nothing wrong with being religious and having strong convictions. While I disagree with Marked4life on what he wrote about nudism, it does not make him wrong in his beliefs. It certainly shouldn't make him open to ridicule.

He has shared something very personal with us. I respect that.

Linux: 100% Microsoft Free Computing

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  3:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sea foam

I hope this helps.

1. In Genesis 1:31, note that God looked upon everything He had made (including naked Adam and Eve) and "saw that it was very good." Also, Gen. 2:35 states that Adam and Eve were naked and felt no shame. Point: Nudity is not inherently sinful (or we would sin every time we bathe, etc.).

2. Sin entered the world not through nudity, but through a selfish and futile attempt to be "like" God (to become a god in God's place), and sin continues to exist because the first sin fundamentally and permanently altered the human condition (all people since Adam and Eve are born desiring to be "like" God, to usurp His authority).

3. Adam and Eve covered up -- not just by donning clothing, but also by hiding behind trees -- because (1) guilt compelled them to try to hide their sin from God; (2) fear compelled them to avoid punishment; (3) ego compelled them to affirm their spiritual isolation from God and each other. God acknowledged the new, altered (broken) human condition when (a) He made better clothes for Adam and Eve (practical, since they were banished from Eden; and spiritual, because they were made of skins -- the first blood sacrifice to "cover up" sin, a sign pointing forward to real atonement later); and when (b) He offered the promise of reconciliation in Gen. 3:15. Clothing today continues to serve the same practical and spiritual purposes -- protection and symbolic atonement (with its accompanying acknowledgement of the broken human condition).

So, is nudity inherently sinful? No. But what we choose to do with it may or may not be so. Is clothing inherently holy? No. But what we do with and in it may or may not be so. Frankly, I have met some nudists who express more love for God and man than numbers of non-nudists I know. I have also met non-nudists who admit that they already struggle with sexual urges, so they choose to stay away from nudity. Whatever the case, the issue for all of us is not the human body itself, but the heart. Biblically, the heart should be pointed first at God, second at others, and third at self. Whatever threatens to upset that order is a problem. Know your boundaries and work to stay within them.

Again, I hope this is helpful. I apologize for the length of the post. I tried to be succinct without skipping salient points. Feel free to request explanation, clarification, etc. Have a beautiful day!

I think we are working on the same page. A valuable posting!

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  4:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
boyofspree posted, "First of all, I think it is wrong to quote someone who is "religious" and expect what they said to be correct. For man is mortal and imperfect, therefore doing wrong things, as well as saying wrong things. Therefore, go to the Bible for a question you have. Not only will it be answered from the true word of God, but it also won't have some mere person's opinion about it, like some guy...

I've checked some things that they said the Bible promotes nudity as well...something in The Gospel of Thomas I believe...I find this very interesting because that "book" is not found in the original that you would normally buy. The Gospel of Thomas is only incorporated in the Apocrypha which has a bunch of "lost" books of the Bible that only Roman Catholic believe in. There are a numbers of reasons to explain why they are in particular Bibles and why they were not truly inspired the will of God. If you want, I can post these reasons later..."

The last two lines are what struck me the most and is the reason why I'm especially skeptical of people who claim to have the answer or true word. "Men" who take the parts of the bible they want or agree with then leave the stuff they don't agree with really chap my backside especially when they claim they were "inspired" to do so. Who or what inspired them to removed bibilical stories? Surely wouldn't be God since they're supposed to be his stories/word.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  8:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Very well put sailordave.

Kim =^.^=

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  11:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailordave

The last two lines are what struck me the most and is the reason why I'm especially skeptical of people who claim to have the answer or true word. "Men" who take the parts of the bible they want or agree with then leave the stuff they don't agree with really chap my backside especially when they claim they were "inspired" to do so. Who or what inspired them to removed bibilical stories? Surely wouldn't be God since they're supposed to be his stories/word.

I don't think that he was guilty of being selective. What he did was to misinterpret the situation and to read things into it that weren't in the text.

His whole case was based on supposition and he was reading into it what he wanted to see. Not only that, but because he lusted when he saw someone naked, he figured that everybody would. We all have weaknesses, but we don't share the same ones necessarily.

tj

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  7:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is an old topic but I though I would through in my two cents , I am a very committed christian and a nudist. God created man and woman in his own image and they were naked,this makes God naked . It was sin that gave man the shame of nudity and sence God does not sin he is still naked only clothed with his glory which is to bright for sinfull man to look apon , this was the same glory that adam and eve had before sin , that's why they not only saw nothing wrong with beeing nude like there Lord, but were also in his image. After they sined God put them out of the garden of eden so they would not eat also of the tree of life ,this was the last time Adam had face to face contact with God also ( if you look at the bible God clothed them by sacreficing an animal to cover there sin ) . Jesus is the tree of life and our sacrifice for sin,and eternal life that man whould have had if he didn't sin ( by the way we would still be all naked with the light of glory for clothes if they hadn't taken that apple )When I accepted Christ as that final sacrifice for my sins I was in a way returned to the garden of eden and sinless before God , with full fellowship with God as adam once had (the nude time), I have taken of the tree of life that Adam could not. Sin is in the mind of man put there by satin the original deceiver . That's why porn does so well . It is to see what we are told we are not allowed to see because of our own sin and lust and in a way I agree . If you look at a nude person and you only want sex you dont need to go to a nude beach you need to work on your own motivations to sin , that is what drives us to see it more . Let me ask a question , If everyone was nude who would pay for porn ? The truely sinful of mind . I belive that God is perfect and nude and as we are created in his image we in our own way are beuitful and to be nude for me is as God origenaly intended and oh what a shock it will be for many when we go to heaven and everyone is naked ( there is NO sin in heaven right ). tj

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  05:40:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! tj, thanks, that was very well put, and I agree with you, and a hardy welcome to the forum.

Kim =^.^=

Bikeracer
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  09:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow tj! Welcome aboard from an admittedly fledgling poster myself...Two nights ago during a delightful dinner, I had to explain to someone how I can be a naturist and also have a wonderful religious conviction.

Signed,
Bikeracer the Baptist

Nude in the pacific northwest

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  5:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Welcome tj. You make some very good points.

Chic

Butt_Naked_Boy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  2:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was recently looking at the "YMCA Canada" website and I came across an old photo of boys jumping into a lake. The caption reads "In pools or camps, swimming instruction really took off in 1910 when a national YMCA swimming program was launched in Canada". The picture quality is a bit poor, but I'm pretty sure that some of the boys in the photo are naked.

What do you think? You can find the picture at http://www.ymca.ca/html/tvtour_exer.htm# (click on "Photos" and then click "Next" once). Alternatively, you can get to it directly at http://www.ymca.ca/bitmaps/images_exercise/swimming.jpg .

Butt_Naked_Boy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  2:57:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW, would anyone happen to know precisely when the YMCA started admitting women? My understanding is that it was sometime in the 1970s.

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: what if... Topic Next Topic: Christian to help with questions in So Cal.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved