Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 189 ]  [ Total: 190 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 Do you have a question not covered here?
 Doctor visits
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: clothing optional beach Topic Next Topic: Oregon
Page: of 5

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  06:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we, being naturists should not worry about such things as there really is no need.

Nudists go nude (oh yes we do folks) and generally most do so with others. If we are happy to be with others wearing nothing but a smile why on earth should we worry about what the doctor is going to see. He or she sees nude bodies all the time and it's all in a days work. Shaved bodies are not only the province of nudists, many women especially discarding their pubic and underarm hair as a matter of course and with underwear becoming ever briefer, waxing and the razor are normal, just like brushing your teeth. In 2006 no doctor will find the vision of a shaved pubis at all unusual. Indeed total body waxing for both sexes is becoming most fashionable.

Rod

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  08:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who cares what the doctor thinks anyway? He gets to charge $100 for a 20 minute visit and he's happy.
Besides, your doctor might be a nudist as well... you can't tell.

JustJim

buffetfan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  2:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here in Florida the doctors are more concerned with skin cancer for nudists than whether they are smooth or not. If a doctor sees you with an all over tan they will talk to you about protecting your skin from harmful UV rays but not be the least bit concerned that you are a nudist, smooth or otherwise. Since nudists spend more time outdoors, they often are healthier. Just being in the sunlight increases your intake of Vitamin D, which is essential to health. And, as many have reported, smooth nudity is very popular with all age groups, so the doctors have grown accustomed to seeing it. I have even heard nudists report that the doctors and nurses ask about where they go for their nude recreation and sometimes ask for advise on shaving, because some of them are nudists too or are at least interested. People in the medical field usually have a better attitude towards the human body than the general public.

Edited by - buffetfan on 08/08/2006 2:52:02 PM

buffetfan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  4:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update. I had my annual physical today, first one with this doctor. He had me drop my pants so he could feel around my scrotum and do the cough thing. Not a blink or any response to my smooth tanned pubic area. So relax people, as I said before, medical professionals have seen it all before. It's no big deal to them.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  08:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect that one reason that doctors are un-impressed is that not only have they seen so many strange things...

Lots of people have tanning beds at home or access to tanning beds at home. Many people who would not consider themselves nudists are also able to tan in private back yards also...

If they started asking everyone with no tan lines "hey... are you??" I'd bet they only get less than 60% yes.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  9:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just came back from a visit to the dermatologist. The Prof has a couple more spots that needed to be taken care of.

While the female doctor was treating her, she mentioned that she had a patient that was a nudist and did self exams and had check ups with her every 3 months.

I asked my wife if she thought that the doctor mentioning the fact that she had a patient that was a nudist had anything to do with the doctor noticing, after her full body check two weeks ago, that she had an all over tan and suspects we are nudists as well.

We had the opportunity to tell her but there was a young lady in the room and the Prof didn't want to say anything while this young women was in there. After discussing it, during the ride home, the Prof thought she should have said something anyway. It'll come up, on our part, on the follow up visit.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  09:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf...

Yes, this was most likely an invitation from your physician to discuss strategies to manage risks associated with time out in the sun. The message the doctor was likely trying to send is that one of the risk management strategies for folks who spend time in the sun is to increase surveillance so new lesions can be identified as early as possible. The casual mention of "I have a patient who is a nudist..." is not casual but an invitation to open a discussion about risk management. If the 'young lady in the room' is a medical professional (nurse, technician and so on) they are bound by the same rules of confidentiality as is the physician.

The Prof should absolutely discuss the fact that nude recreation is part of your/her lifestyle with her dermatologist so that together they can decide on a risk management strategy. Given the epidemic of melanoma and other skin cancers, the increased surveillance is a wise move.

Risk management is part of what we physicians do.

Incidentally, the conversation is also an significant opportunity to educate your physician about AANR and/or TNS and even invite her to your local club as your guest. It need not be a 'professional' invitation--she might bring along her spouse/significant other etc. Getting a dermatologist to visit the local club can be beneficial in both directions--club members inevitably get some education and she may pick up some new patients.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  6:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pilot,

Thanks so much for the reply and the confirmation on what we felt the conversation with our dermatologist actually was. We are anxious to discuss being nudists with her and get her feedback. Our next visit is in 6 months. She's put the Prof on this time schedule for bi-annual full body checks, I sure because she suspects our lifestyle.

I greatly appreciate your professional input and advice.

Thanks,

FP

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  6:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being from a completley nudist family with three daughters, I dont think this is really an issue. My three girls and I share the same doctor, who has known we are all nudists forever. She has delivered all 3 of my daughters and hs been my doctor for over 20 years. As far as the skin goes, contrary to popular opinion, exposure to the sun is actually good for the skin. It all depends on your skin -type and color about how carefull you have to be.

shaneone
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2006 :  3:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't really care what any doctor thinks. I have been to a few different ones in the last 12 months and never had any comments. They never say anything when you do the 'cough test' or when they see no tan lines.

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  09:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been smooth all over for a long time. I have no tan lines because I live in Florida and love to tan at Cypress Cove or at my pool that has a lot of privacy. I have gone to several doctors and have never had a reaction to my lack of tanlines or smoothness. Recently, I went to the ER because I was having chest pains. I got admitted and was in the hospital for a couple of days for tests. There was nothing wrong with my heart. My entire time at the hospital, after being seen by doctors and several nurses, nothing was said about my tan except one nurse said I have a great color. I am very comfortable with my tan and smoothness. I have come to realize that most people do not even notice that I am a total smoothie and if they did they never said anything. I gave up caring what other people thought a long time ago. It is my body and I will do with it what I please.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  3:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again, from a medical professional...

Tan lines are now extraordinary--no one notices the absence of tan lines, with or without a tan, any more.

It is also the exception that we see completely natural hair. Clipping, shaping and shaving are now the norm.

Medical professionals do not care about such preferences and do not make notes or comment about such things. There's too much else we have on our minds.

If you do tan--with or without lines--please make it a point to inspect your skin regularly (same date each month, for example) and report any change in moles etc. to your physician. If you have a partner, ask them to keep an eye on areas that you cannot see, and offer to reciprocate. Skin cancer is unfortunately increasing in frequency, and no one expects it to happen to them. Early identification and excision can be lifesaving.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  4:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I just had an experience just like smoothy.

I had to have a surgical procedure a few weeks ago in my genital area. When the prep nurse saw that I was completely smooth, her only comment was, "oh, there's not much to shave" and went over the area lightly as a precaution or requirement of pre-op procedures.

In fact in all my years of being completely smooth in my genital area, this was the 1st and only comment ever made to me about the absence of pubic hair.

Chic

Keep it smooth !

gladdyman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  03:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year I spent 10 days in hospital.
As I was a little weak on my feetI had a nurse help me shower.
She did remark on my all over tan and asked where I sunbathed.
I told her at our local sun club and she replied that she was thinking about joining, she is German but her husband was not so keen but she will keep working on him.
Other hospital staff obviously saw my tan but were too professional to say anything.

VanII

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  1:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gospel: As a shaved male who has a complete physical each year my male doctor has never said a word. I guess he is used to it. I never have tan lines, wear 4 toe rings, a navel ring, and a foreskin ring. I know he sees the foreskin ring as I have to 'cough' while he checks for a hernia. Don't give it another negative thought in this day and age. Do what ever pleases you!
Van

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: clothing optional beach Topic Next Topic: Oregon  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved