Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 176 ]  [ Total: 176 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 Do you have a question not covered here?
 Doctor visits
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: clothing optional beach Topic Next Topic: Oregon
Page: of 5

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  08:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Most medical professionals are "professional". In my years of having an all over tan, and being shaved, I have never had my gynecologist or nurses ever stare or make a comment about my body.

Kim =^.^=

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  8:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me restate. EMS, police, firemen, doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals have seen it all and don't care whether people are shaved, scarred or wear jewelry in piercings. We truly do not remember surface features such as this from one day to the next. And we surely do not discuss your tatoos and so on. It's just not professional.

If there is anything we notice, it's whether someone keeps physically fit. The obesrvation is clinical and prognostic. People who stay fit tend to have fewer health problems and tolerate emergencies a lot better. As a surgeon, what matters to me is how my patients recover. Conditioned patients with more muscle than fat do better than deconditioned patients without lean muscle mass. Staying in the best shape possible consistemt with your underlying conditions demonstrates that you manage health risks well, and causes all of us in health care to smile.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  9:14:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gospel,

Been a firefighter for over 27 years. To say that that kind of talk doesn't happen at the firehouse is a lie. It does, but what is different now than before when I was a young rookie, is that many of us in the fire service are tatooed, shaved, pierced, etc. so if you open the door and begin making fun of someone we went on in a medical emergency, you have to contend with a Boss, Fire Captain, that will stop that type of conversation. In most cases...this type of conversation rarely happens because most of us are professionals.

Bikeracer
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  08:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I simply am posting here to agree with all...Being sans tan lines or smooth fundamentally doesn't matter.
As an aside, I'm thankful I had the forethought to freeze some of this year's strawberry harvest so I can have a Chilean banana and pacific northwest strawberry smoothie for 'breaky' this morn'.
Signed,
The Blender guy

Nude in the pacific northwest

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  10:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bikeracer,
I like your way of thinking and fireproof I do appreciate your insight. I get more comfortable all the time with the smoothie and now that I am getting the skin a little more broke in I have less trouble with the strawberry and banana smoothie.

gospel

Bikeracer
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  12:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
<Laughing with gospel>...Good one!

Nude in the pacific northwest

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  3:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I'm shaver for over 25 years. I used to let it grow back before my annual exams. A number of years ago I had an unplanned trip to the emergency room. I was completely shaved down below. The docs and nurses who treated me never mentioned or commented on my smooth state. From that point on , I never let the hair grow back for my annual exams.And the doctors and nurses at the offfice have never commented either.

Also, since then I also frequent o/c beaches sans hair. I think I'm over being concerned about being seen without pubic hair.

Chic

later
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  3:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had a medical problem for the last two years. Let's say it's where the sun usually don't shine. I have seen multi-doctors,nurses etc., no one has ever commented on my all over tan or being smooth. Who do you think would look like an idiot if a comment was made? I'm sure medical people have seen weirder stuff then a good tan and smooth shave.

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  4:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a paramedic, we have to expose areas of a patient when its necessary, but its only to examine and treat injuries, we have too, its our job, I have never heard of anyone making fun of any thing we see, and I could fill a good sized book with what I'v seen. shaved, colored, pierced, braided, tanned or even painted ( now that is a long story )

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  8:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know when I went to the Doctor I was nervous as to what he might say, but not a word.
I have a tatoo on my thigh which is very high up on the leg. My nipples are pierced, and also my belly button. Also, at the time I went to him I had not "shaved in almost 3 years", and my wife had used "Ferria" the week before and I was a "brillant copper" color.

Not a word.

Let's hear it for cool MD.

I know my wife has gone to her MD and having her nipples pierced and navel pierced and also some other private parts pierced, and her pubic area a "Pearl White", which she had not shave in over 3 years, and her MD did no say a word.

Now that she has starting to trim and shave, she tells me that her MD will be shocked the next time she see her.

Let's her it for a cool MD.

Cookie

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  06:42:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudetoo

As a paramedic, we have to expose areas of a patient when its necessary, but its only to examine and treat injuries, we have too, its our job, I have never heard of anyone making fun of any thing we see, and I could fill a good sized book with what I'v seen. shaved, colored, pierced, braided, tanned or even painted ( now that is a long story )

You forgot to mention that EMS personnel are prohibited by law from discussing patients. There is a $20,000 HIPAA fines per occurrance.
Have a GREAT Day!
Kevin
EMT-B

Timo

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  04:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Timo an AOL message  Send Timo an ICQ Message  Send Timo a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As a result of my health problem, fibromyalgia, I am quite frequently seen by different/new doctors. Never once, either in the States (I did a week at the Mayo Clinic) or here in Italy has there ever been a reaction to my being almost completely shaved. And although I only have just a small 'postage stamp' that is trimmed almost to the skin, I still see at the beach than I have more hair than many. Total male genital shaving seems to be very popular here.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  09:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Timo,

Like you , I've been removing my pubic hair for years, but all of it. And, I too have been seen by many medical people without any of them comenting on my lack of pubic hair.

While many people are still natural, there are many, many more who are trimming their pubes and many more who are fully shaved smooth. Obviously, I prefer the latter.

By the way, welcome to the forum Timo.

Chic

Keep it smooth !

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  11:29:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Only once in the 20 years that I've been seen by doctors and nurses has the subject ever come up. Two nurses arrived to prep me for surgery by shaving my groin area and were surprised to find it already shaved clean. They thanked me for having the foresight to do it myself. We do what we can.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2005 :  9:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I last commented on this thread 10 months ago, I have seen some changes among my patients--both elective and emergent. Amoung young and middle aged patients, I can't recall the last tan line (admittedly, most are salon tans) and at least half of the women and at least a quarter of the men are shaving completely. Among seniors 65+, there are still fairly frequent "shavers". This is in a general population, not selected for those who attend naturist beaches etc. I do not think anyone should worry about absent tan lines or any sort of hair removal at this juncture. It has become "mainstream".

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: clothing optional beach Topic Next Topic: Oregon  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved