Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 480 ]  [ Total: 481 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 Do you have a question not covered here?
 Doctor visits
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: clothing optional beach Topic Next Topic: Oregon
Page: of 5

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  8:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being new to being shaved and living in a small community I am interested in what others in a simular environment have experienced with medical people on routine visits or otherwise when the exam requires a pelvic area exposure. For instance, here a call to 911 would probably bring friends or at least people who know me and my business.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  12:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This reply is coming from a surgeon who sees both elective and emergency cases.

Many young and middle aged adults seem to so some kind of genital area grooming. Tattoos and piercings are increasingly common. Simply having shaved pubic hair today brings no more recognition than shaved underarm areas--no health care worker notices or can remember.

For what it's worth, the majority of people (men and women) who are tanned come in with no tan lines. Some are tanning in salons. Others in their backyards. Perhaps a few practice social nudity. Regardless, the absence of tan lines is so frequent that it is not noticed in any individual.

Small town, big town, it's pretty much the same everywhere. This should not cause you any concern.

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  08:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the insight. It is especially good to hear from a health care professional. I guess being new to shaving the genitals makes me sensitive to what may be rumored around the hospital.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  11:01:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad to see the question and response. I too am scheduled for my annual exam and for the first time I'll be arriving smooth. I was a little apprehensive about what my doctor might think.

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2004 :  07:58:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
newtonudism,

Please post what you experience. I would be interested to know how it went.

gospel

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  06:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had an annual physical every year for the past 10-12 years. I have never had tan lines during this time, nothing was ever said other than, "make sure you use sunscreen."

We have been mostly smooth for about the past three years. Both of us have had doctors visits and physicals, my wife used to try and grow her pubic hair back before her annual pap smear visits but last year she decided she wasn't going to do that anymore and remained smooth.

Last year I had my annual physical and was shaved and had a female doctor. Again, nothing mentioned or said.

As the doctor here stated, the medical professionals have seen it all and they aren't surprised or do they pay much attention to whether the patient is shaved, trimmed, or natural.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  10:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf, Each year I get my mammogram right before Nat'l Nude Week. The xray techs look forward to getting the pins I get from AANR for NNW and my doctor always puts one of the ones I give him/his staff on his lab coat.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

james423
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  9:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As someone who isn't a medical doctor,but has had several in his family (including my father, who was my own physician until his death about 10 years ago) I would just add that doctors have a duty to their patients to be professional, so that even if a doctor was not used to seeing someone who had no tan lines (or piercings, or was shaved, or tattooed, or...) they would treat their patients in a professional manner. Any doctor who would say something inappropriate would be doing a disservice to the patient & that's why you don't hear anything other than a matter-of-fact comment from most physicians. You should have no fear of what the doctor might think, because although the doctor does notice & might not be into any of the aforementioned it would be highly unlikely for him/her to comment negatively about it.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  11:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

I think our family doctor would have supported any nudist organization we belonged to and may have worn a pin if I had one to give him...but he decided to become a politician instead.

Now we have another politician in the city and are less one great doctor.

We saw him alot more when he was our doctor...funny, shouldn't that be the other way around, seeing someone less as a doctor than a politician1?

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  11:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the insightful comments. I feel much better about the situation.

gospel

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  01:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gospel,

You're welcome from all of us. Glad that through all the posts you were able to find some of our experiences and or advice was helpful.

Edited by - FireProf on 08/08/2004 01:41:01 AM

Skeptic
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  4:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Skeptic an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
There isn't much an experienced doc hasn't seen. I imagine a guy who is only shaved would be pretty routine.

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  6:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would guess you are probably right with so many different things to do with you body out there like piercing and tatoos, a shaved person would probably not rate to high on the scale.

gospel

irishman042853

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  7:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see irishman042853's MSN Messenger address  Send irishman042853 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Where all the above was very interesting, I feel like I'm missing something? Except for the reasons one might have wearing skimpy bathing suits, is it popular to shave "down" there, with both men and women? Just wondering....have seen men and women shaved...but it sounds like it is more popular than I realized?

Have a Great Day! Steven

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  02:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More of a fashion trend I would think. We do it for ourselves and each other not for anyone else.

There are alot more men and women that are shaving completely or at least trimming. I think it started with the smaller bikinis for women. They would trim their pubic hair so it wouldn't stick out from their bottoms. The bottoms got smaller, the trimming got more extensive and now we have models in magazines completely shaved for whatever reasons so many women followed suit.

Many smoothies have different reasons from looks better to sexual reasons. What's nice about being a nudist is that you don't really worry about it or question it, you except the person for the person and not the amount of pubic hair they have or don't have.

but...to stay on topic...neither my or my wife's doctors have ever said anything negative to either of us the past few years that we have been almost completely smooth.

Edited by - FireProf on 08/18/2004 02:20:51 AM

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  4:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fireproof
In our small community the volunteer firefighters are also the resque squad and they are for the most part people that I know. So I understand that the doctor will most likely not make any public deal out of my bareness but I wonder how likely it would be if I had a medical emergency that those guys responded to and observed that I was shaved to talk about it to other people that I might not want to know? You know "the talk around the firehouse"

gospel

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: clothing optional beach Topic Next Topic: Oregon  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved