Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 172 ]  [ Total: 172 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 Are you open or a closet nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?
Page: of 10

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  6:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're quite open about it, but find that people don't hear what we are saying.
Their minds are so closed to the idea, that they can't comprehend that we might be doing something so bizarre.

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  10:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McNigel

We're quite open about it, but find that people don't hear what we are saying.
Their minds are so closed to the idea, that they can't comprehend that we might be doing something so bizarre.

That is interesting, and I think it is happening to me, too. Just never considered it in that way. I am both open (close friends and close family) and closeted (everyone else).

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2010 :  06:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little less "closet" since my last post. I have since attended a nude swim with a local club (MARNA) and will be going to another one today. I also have a facebook page with my real name (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000617838212)...although it is a seperate account than the one I share with my family/friends...so I'm still not quite to "open" yet, but I'm getting there little by little.

Linnav032000

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  5:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Linnav032000 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am a closet nudist I love being nude the idea of being nude and the feeling of being nude but have not come out of the closet to anyone does anyone have any words of wisdom as to where or when I should come out.

RCPIB

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  7:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although there may be many who will disagree with me, I must say that remaining isolated in your closet is very rarely a good idea. On this and other nudist forums I have asked for anyone who had suffered as a result of having his "secret" discovered, to tell their story. The small number of replies indicated to me that this isn't really a big issue, and the one respondent who had a story described someone else's church-related experience. Perhaps 50 - 75 years ago nudists were being ostracized for their lifestyle, but in this day it is very unlikely.

Look at the reaction Spencer Tunnick gets when he assembles thousands of nude volunteers in some public place for photographs. I'm sure a lot of gawkers show up, but no one else seems to care about nude people. The same can be said of the World Naked Bike Ride.

Don't worry, be happy.

Who knows, you might even find out that your best friend was in that closet with you without either of you knowing it; I did.

Bill in Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

barefootguyinco
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  1:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit barefootguyinco's Homepage  Send barefootguyinco a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We openly share the fact that we are nudists with all of our friends, and even strangers if the topic comes up. Never have a bad reaction and several have indicated that they are jealous that we can do it so freely at our place. I have often brought it up with the women who cut my hair by discussing things like the warming weather and how nice it feels to not have to wear so many clothes and how I can't wait to feel layout and get that all over tan. It's not hard to bring up tastefully in such a way, and maybe I'll meet other nudists this way.

Body shame, like prejuduce, is not natural. It is learned from others and benefits no one.

b4dger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  6:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm definatly not a closet nudist. All of my extended family know that I prefer to be nude. A great many of my work colleagues and all of my friends. Many have said they would never join me but I have never received any negative comments.
When you open up to people that you prefer to holiday, sunbathe, swim and generally relax without clothes you will be surprized at how many other people have at one time or another been nude on holiday, skinny dipped or relax at home with little or no clothing on.
Last year my wife was in conversation with some of her work coleagues and said that I was at home and more than likely out gardening in the nude. Her boss said there's nothing wrong with that as in this hot weather I never wear clothes at home.

There is a little nudist in everyone, our problem is getting them to realise the fact!

Spread the word.. nude is best. Bob..

barefootguyinco
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  2:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit barefootguyinco's Homepage  Send barefootguyinco a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One other thing, we've also told all of our family that we are nudists and that if it bothers them to possibly come by and find us nude, call first, and they do. We would be totally open to them joining us as nudists, but we certainly don't push it, just try to encourage.

Girlfriend also tells others at work frequently, when the right subject comes up that gives her the opportunity.

I would like to see a world naked bike ride organized here in my area (Grand Jct, CO) and if it happened I would ride to protest our dependence on foreign oil, but also to promote a positive image of nudity so would be very open at that point.

Body shame, like prejuduce, is not natural. It is learned from others and benefits no one.

nakedmodel
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  01:03:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am an open nudist for the most part. No one at work knows it. But most of my friends & family members do. I even told a therapist & she just said "Wow!" & gave me a strange look.

valkyrie_major
Forum Member

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  2:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm fairly open. I don't tell everyone but some of my coworkers know, most of my friends know and some of the family knows too. I dont care who knows really, some people are fine with it "if it makes you happy", some are enthused to know more about it, and some find it just plain wrong...oh well, i guess they're entitled to think that

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  10:47:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reply to Bill Bowser and to all.
We are in our 2nd decade as an African American nudist couple. We were occaisional at home nudists for years before becoming social nudists. While most nudists are amongst the more open minded in our society, we live in America where there is widespread ignorance about what nudism really is. For many it is still a social taboo.
We were rejected by people in both our church community and in our vocational connections when our participation in nudism was discovered. We were both exposed to traditional conservative religious teachings from early childhood to well into adulthood, and yet we understood a long time ago that nudism is a beautiful lifestyle to be enjoyed. It has nothing to do with sin any more than a clothing-required beach or country club. Unfortunately, not everyone has an open minded family and and network of friends and co-workers who are accepting of the nudist lifestyle. Some of the people at our previous church and some other people we know acted as if they were going to have a cow when our lifestyle was revealed by a previously trusted church member. Not everyone has the luxury to be as open about their nudism as others. No one gets to choose the family he or she is born into, and even family members can be as cruel as anyone else. Different people have different situations to deal with.

The positive result of those negative experiences is that we are now even more liberated because we no longer attend that previous church. We share our mutual religious faith with our nudist friends, and even thought we now travel a longer distance to worship, we no longer hide our nudist lifestyle at our new place of worship. We do not promote it, but we just do not hide it there. It is known that we are nudists, and it is not an issue. We know that it is best for us not to be open about it with "everybody" because people have proven to us that they cannot handle it. The consequences of coming out as nudists can be difficult to handle for some of us. To you lucky liberated people who can tell everybody, that's great! We are not there yet.

Our experience as an African American couple at nudist locations has been very positive. We have been warmly welcomed at the numerous nudist resorts we have been to. Race has not been an issue in our experience. We have been comfortable. We do see other Non-Whites represented in small numbers, including Indian, Oriental, Hispanic and African American.

Being Naked and Being Real

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/28/2010 :  8:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
blavan great points on how family, co-workers and church members react, i guess the thing i never understood about church is that i thought acceptance was a important part of religion but that is not always the case. as for co-workers you have to be selective on the conversation, before retiring i knew of several co-workers that were nudist and it was always positive when running into them at a nudist club/camp. family was ok i guess even raising our children we never had a negative response.

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  7:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some years ago we both decided not to be secretive about being naturists. It's far easier not to feel the need to be evasive about where we have been for vacations etc. This has lead us to meet other nudists and also we have introduced a few people to naturism which is very rewarding. We do not make a big issue out of our nudism, but would never deny our preference for going nude when we can.

Rod

SeekingTranquility

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  8:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone has the right to live a lifestyle that is comfortable-its gods given right. My frustration with society, everyone has the right to freedom of speech.My freedom of speech allows me to say and think for the most part to say what I want. It is difficult to be honest and passionate about what we believe is pure and innocent. Which is to live open and free, nude or otherwise. We will always have someone who will disagree as it relates to their own beliefs. If we remain mindful stead fast and press our beliefs on others our freedom will come in time.

Edward Koenig

ian_j
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  8:30:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ian_j a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am kinda of a closet nudist, my mother (who is strict christian and thinks nudity is a sin) knows i have a interest i nudism but thats it even my 2 older sisters(41&44) and younger half brother(30) don't know,lol
Ian

Edited by - ian_j on 08/19/2015 8:32:18 PM

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 3.78 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved