Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 203 ]  [ Total: 203 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 Are you open or a closet nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?
Page: of 10

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  2:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
From Elad:
I am debating if I put one on.

Ahem, Elad, I thought the object among us all was to take it off, not put it on. I know, bad humor, but it's free!

It's interesting how we all arrive at our own self-actualization when it comes to nudity. How fortunate are those who can share nudism or talk about it openly, lest they develop a sense of two-mindedness, a sort of dual-identity.

I'm a closet nudist, except at the nudist resorts. I find it amusing inside of me, when I am dealing with textile folks, and knowing it would bowl them over if I told them that I was a nudist. How little we know about other people!

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

elad
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  2:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got back from the beach where I was playing with my dog. My brothers wife called and asked how I was. I told her I was actually doing pretty well. She asked if I had any plan to do anything, go anywhere. I said, "Well, you know, I'm going to do something this weekend I have wanted to do since I was a kid. I'm going to a nudist resort." There was only a little silence and then we had a great talk about nudism and naturism. I suggested maybe we should have the next family reunion at a nudist resort. She has never even seen my brother wearing shorts. But there you go, I've told a second person.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  5:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tell us how this unfolds, Elad.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

yitfs

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  02:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i guess, I'm a closet nudist.

Hi I'm new to the forums. I don't consider myself a new nudist, I've been nude at my own place for 3 years (since i moved out on my own). unfortunately I don't think i can tell my family that I'm a nudist since they r not very open minded, hell they "act" like french kissing is disgusting. (sorry if this sounds as an insult to any one) but I know they wouldn't be to open about it. I've recently joined a few groups and forums to come to a conclusion on how to make it public to them. i guess my side of the world is not too open to their bodies. one step at a time i guess.

Smithy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  09:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My car key ring has 'born nude' and green capital N on one side a the words 'It's a paradigm shift' on the other. My cell phone has the words 'born natural' and a green capital N on the back, the wall paper has the words 'The naked body, lewd or simply nude'. I wish I had nudist a bumper sticker, the wife wont let me.
If anyone should ask, I wont lie about my life style.
Doug

Moontan
Forum Member

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  01:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't flaunt my being a nudist but if they were to ask I'd tell them. Some of my friends both men and women where half way shocked to find out I sleep nude. But what really shocked them that one of the other women there admitted to sleeping nude. You could see on their faces that it peaked their intrest. No one asked about going nude at home so I didn't bring it up.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  12:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just the other day I was having a conversation with some friends and the subject came up and most of them were really supportive. Saying things like it's cool, hey it is a lifestyle. Some even said that they had been to a nude beach a couple of times etc. The kicker was after a while near, the end of the day I said something about being too hot and needing to get to the beach and get naked and jump in the water. I had one of them ask to tag along. It was pretty cool to share my nude life with someone from my textile life. Pretty cool! I just feel the more you open up the more you may be surprised by positive reactions. I think if they know the real you and you get along well you can share this and not get negative feedback.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  02:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think more of our daughter's friends know about our nudist lifestyle then our own friends do. The other day at a sporting event for a grandchild, one of the other moms, a friend of our daughter's, noticed I'd shaved off my beard and mustache.

She looked at me and said...."I just noticed you shaved off your facial hair. Your face is naked. But...I guess that actually goes with everything else right!?" I said "yeah..naked face, naked lifestyle." She smiled and said.."cool, I like it."

Not sure how much more these friends know about us. Our daughter tends to spill the beans more and more about us and I often wondered if during some of "their" skinny dipping sessions, if the fact that we also don't sport any pubic hair has been mentioned but some of the comments have been directed by this friend in that direction.

So...more and more friends are finding out...which is just fine with us. It's funny how much more unstressed my wife is about it all the more people find out. She admits to being more stressed when no one knew.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  08:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My profile has my real name. My profile picture is from the WNBR in Washington, DC, whch is about as public as you get. Most of my neighbors have seen me in a g-string or less. I don't talk about my personal life at work although several people have seen the WNBR pics.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  10:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a nudist only at home - for now. I'm looking for a comfortable site to finally take the next step. I'm thinking an open beach is the best place, although I would so like to meet other like-minded nudists. For now, my own home and garden.

freecospirit
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  02:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm nude quite a lot at home subject to climate and opportunity. Housework, cooking, DIY, working out and simply loafing around are often more comfortable in the buff. I have admitted being a naturist to friends but that has generally provoked an adverse though tolerant reaction and I know that other than my wife family members are not into naturism; result we don't discuss it. Living in a cold climate our outdoor naturism is confined to holiday visits to CO beaches where we ALWAYS go nude. On rec.nude there was a recent thread about how you feel about being seen naked - it is not being seen naked that concerns me but the reactions of others (especially those who may know me) on seeing me naked. I'm definitely a closet naturist but one who really enjoys body freedom under the right circumstances. Club or social naturist activities have never appealed to us.

Moontan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  8:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm as open as I can be about it. I don't flaunt it, but at the same time I don't hide it. I believe if you have to tell people you are a nudist, it seems to me that you're looking for a reaction more than just being comfortable with who you are.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  01:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Closet. Only my wife knows of my interest. ANy discussion at dinner parties tends to have people being uncomfortable and thinking the worst so its easier to keep it to myself than be hassled explaining why to others.

TallTim
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  11:58:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like most I'm in the closet. But it's a walk-in and the doors are wide open!

Tim

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  5:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mostly closet for me. My wife knows and is supportive (but not a nudist), my adult children know (but are not nudist either). My wife has mentioned to some family and friends that I sleep nude and had skinny dipped a couple of times...but the term nudist has never come up yet. I don't know how they would react, but I would be open about it if it was being discussed...although I would probably not initiate the discussion. CO beaches would be the extent of my being nude in public...like freecospirit...I'm not interested in resorts or other social activities...I like to just sun, swim and read when I go to the beach. I'm not anti-social, if someone started a conversation with me, I would talk with them...but like I mentioned above...I would probably not initiate the conversation.

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Are you naked right now?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved