Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 449 ]  [ Total: 449 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Nudist Problem - Unwanted Erection
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Frequent Uncontrolable Erections Medical Condition Topic Next Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist
Page: of 16

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  08:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nurserobin

Sounds like something from a sex club - club med maybe - I've seen maybe 2 or 3 lean, athletic and toned bodies at a nude beach (without erections) and they looked so into themselves I could've cared less about getting to know them - this guy obviously has nothing to do with naturism....talk about totally gross...

Or maybe he is a legend in his own mind!

OLD BUZZARD
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  09:39:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
having not been to a nudist org yet i have some ideas on erections. first of all erections are very normal for a male.it is a natural function and is not controled by any switch to turn it on or off people need to understand that positive control is not possible as some think.many things contrubute to an erection. erections are going to happen and should not be such a big issue. i think real nudists bacisicly understand this and should not worry about it. it is reality and all of the bad pr it is getting is not good for nudism we should just except it as part of nudism and not make a big deal out it. after all it is a natural and healthy part of being a male. as you know they come and they go so please dont be affended if you happen to see one. also it is embaressing for the male also we do the best we can to control things but trying to control things that are not controlable is tough. hope this helps the old buzzard

asmodee
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  5:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read this entire forum (though, admittedly, only the first sentence or two of each paragraph from some of the more...combative posts). I have never been to a nudist location and have only gone skinny dipping with 2 other couples 1 time (I did not get an erection). I am currently 35. I do get unbidden erections now and then. Normally, I am alone and my mind is wondering toward things of a sexual nature. What do I do when it happens at the store and a customer walks in? I'll make this multiple choice.

a) Stand up and proudly proclaim, "Hey, I'm pitching a tent!"
b) Simply go about my business, standing up to help the customer, but not drawing attention to it
c) Pretend to be busy and just sit there for the 20 seconds it takes to get it under control

For the benefit of the ladies out there, it does not go about doing its own thing, completely out of my control. I have not had a problem with erections at an inopportune time for about half my life now. I do not have a problem, most of the time (the times I do have a problem controlling it are ALL related to sex AND my wife, never just stray thoughts), keeping it from coming up or making it go down. It is most definitely NOT out of my control and has not been since I was about 16. I do NOT get erect when I have to urinate (sometimes my kids do, but does that really happen to men?? Not in my experience.) And if it were out of my control in a nudist setting, why would I not be expected to cover it? It is considered poor taste to display the 'tent'. Why would that NOT translate to a nudist environment?

There are some good posts by people arguing that it should be all right; a precious few intelligent, concerned members who are truly interested in the topic, not just an argument or validation of their miscreant behaviors and desires. But my yardstick for what should be all right in a nudist facility is the same as for the outside world, but with nudity. It is polite to refrain from displaying the fact that one has an erection. Unlike many pro-posters on this board, in my experience as a man, it does not just happen at random times without me thinking about sex. Unless I am sleeping or nearly sleeping, I simply cannot remember a single time since late teens that I have gotten an erection without it being sexually motivated. Granted, there have been times my wife has come to bed nude and I was not interested in sex, but I got an erection anyway. It usually takes about 5 minutes for me to realize that, yes, I am interested and that is why I got an erection.

It is a natural function of the male body, yes, but while the penis has multiple functions, the erect penis has but one. I would assert, therefore, that associating an erect penis with sex is not unreasonable and the request to hide an erect penis is equally reasonable. I do not have a female body, nor have I ever, so I cannot attest to the female ability to control signs of arousal. The symptoms often quoted, however, do happen for reasons other than arousal and, as far as I know, are completely out of the control of the person owning the nipples. The argument that the same rule should apply to women with erect nipples is, therefore, pointless; an asinine attempt to confuse the issue and make a point where there is none none to be made. If any of you are thinking that women are standing around in your local nudist resort checking out the guys and getting aroused because they can, you don't know a whole lot about women. With a few exceptions, women simply don't think that way.

The penis, on the other hand, is not, as many have suggested, controlled by the wind and the tides. It is, in fact, controlled predominantly by the brain. There is no issue with the penis regarding an erection (excluding medical conditions resulting in difficulty achieving erection) that does not start in and cannot be overpowered by the brain. It is mostly thought, conscious or subconscious, which controls the<

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  12:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice post, asmodee.

asmodee
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  12:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Tiger, although I did a disservice to the original poster by ignoring his question altogether. His problem seems to be simply a nervous issue. Though I have never experienced what he is experiencing, I would say that most or, perhaps, all of my post does not apply to the original question. To me, it sounds sort of like when you find something mildly amusing, but it is not the right time or place to laugh, so you try to suppress it, which makes you want to laugh even more. Then you start to snicker and people are looking at you, which makes you panic and try harder to suppress it, which makes you laugh that much harder. It sounds to me like, in this rare exception, this man's problems have nothing to do with conscious sexual thoughts, but with his mind fooling itself because he is trying so hard not to think about the sexual aspect that this is all his subconscious mind can concentrate on. In this case, the best therapy would probably be to be nude as often as possible while alone and simply not be concerned whether you have an erection or not. Let it go up and down without thought. As someone posted previously, this is likely a result of the cultural programming of the 'naughtiness' of nudity and will go away once nudity becomes commonplace for you.

Please be aware that when I am in the middle of a particularly long response my inhibitions are often hampered and I tend to visualize the worst-case scenario. To my own shame, at no time during my last post did the original poster's question cross my mind. As a result, although that post is very on track for the turns the conversation has taken, there is nothing of value in it in response to the original post. It was not my intention to suggest that the original poster's problem was anything other than a legitimate problem. As the original poster was concerned about this problem, he obviously does not fall into the crowd I was 'preaching' to, which was the, "What's the big deal," crowd. I truly did not think of him once while writing that post and I hope no reader reads it thinking that it has anything at all to do with his problem or is in any way relevant to him. The only thing I have written relevant to the original poster is the first paragraph of this post.

Sean22
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  02:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Sean22 an AOL message  Send Sean22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Either way you look at you shouldn't be ashamed of your body. Erection or not, I don't care about who see's my body. The penis is a beautiful thing both erect or not. However, because the erect penis is some how linked to sexual deviance we are taught to be ashamed of it. I don't know how I became so comfortable with it but I think that comes with time.

asmodee
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  6:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sean22,

Under no circumstances is anyone here saying you should be ashamed of your body. It was also not suggested that the erect penis is "somehow linked to sexual deviance". It was suggested (and it is obvious) that an erect penis has a very direct link to sex itself, however. A nudist environment is not the proper place for open displays of sexuality, regardless whether or not it is considered "deviant" or "normal". As someone mentioned earlier, that falls squarely under the category of exhibitionism, not nudism. It is the public display of an erect penis which we link to sexual deviance, not the erect penis itself. Whether they admit it or not I would venture to guess that most of those arguing that publicly displaying an erect penis should be allowed actually WANT people to see their erect penis. If that is what you want, join a swinger club. That is what they are there for.

It does not matter how attractive you think a penis is. It does not matter how comfortable you are with 6 year old girls seeing your erect penis. Nobody is fooled by the argument that nudists, of all people, are teaching body intolerance or advocating that one should be ashamed of some part or aspect of one's own body. The discussion is about whether or not you should cover yourself should you get an erection in an area where others, especially children, may see you. The only true argument I have seen that was more than smoke and mirrors to confuse the truth was one of convenience. One person mentioned that he did not believe he should have to pause a game to go get a towel to cover himself with. It is far less convenient to get fully dressed for 8 or more hours to go to work or school each day than it is to wrap a towel around yourself for a few minutes, but unless you work full time at a nudist destination, you do it anyway. The world does not care how inconvenient it is to get dressed and nudists do not care how inconvenient it is to cover an erection.

Let's cut to the chase here, shall we? We've been tiptoeing around this for long enough. I have yet to visit a nudist destination, but I have been reading and posting on this board for a while now. I have seen posts from new nudists, worried that they may get an unwanted erection on their fist visit, post follow-ups saying that it was not a problem. Granted, I have not read every post on this board, but I have not seen a single post about someone actually at a nudist destination who got an unwanted erection EXCEPT those that believe others should have no problem with it. This is not even an issue for a nudist. Covered or uncovered, nudists simply do not generally appear to have a problem with even getting an unwanted erection, much less covering it. Why is that, do you suppose? Because they don't sit there looking around and thinking about what they'd like to do with the people they see! The bottom line, a true nudist will not have this problem to begin with because his reason for being there is not sexually motivated, which makes the whole discussion moot. I DO have a problem with a 6 year old girl seeing your erect penis. I have a 6 year old girl and if you were to show her your erect penis you can argue all day long about how natural it is and how you don't care who sees it. Of course, you will have to make your argument while I do something to you...something bad. You want to know why it is linked to sexual deviance? Give me a single reason any man would want to parade around nude in front of naked children sporting a full blown erection! What argument can you make that could possibly make this seem somehow appropriate? You want to know why an erection is associated with sexual deviance? It's because only a sexual deviant would have a desire for people to see his erection!

If you want to argue this point, please be sure you actually have a legitimate point to make. "It doesn't bother me if people see my erection" is nothing more than a thinly veiled at

Sean22
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  01:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Sean22 an AOL message  Send Sean22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
First and for most let me say this. This place is not a forum for you to parade around calling people out. You may have posted around this site for a while and you may be a self proclaimed naturist but the truth of the matter is that you need not but your mouth first. Unlike you I have visited on several occasions to Gunnison Beach and several other naturist resorts. I never once said or even implied that I enjoy parading around with an erect penis. I don't go to places to be looked at, I go to be comfortable with myself. If you are that uncomfortable with your 6 year old seeing an erect penis then I would suggest not bringing her. You are obviously paranoid about her seeing something. And to make the claim that you would be doing something to someone who just so happens unfortunately to get an erection is appalling. You obviously don't reflect the true virtues of a naturist. Not only do you say you would do something to me you also call me a deviant. If you wanted to sling mud you have picked the wrong person and the wrong chat to do it in. An erection is a completely natural thing, all I was saying was that in the event of an unwanted erection one shouldn't be ashamed. Your grotesque accusations are shameful at best. I hope that your attitude changes once you infact do go somewhere and have the experience. On that note why would someone post without true knowledge?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  10:14:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sean22

First and for most let me say this. This place is not a forum for you to parade around calling people out. You may have posted around this site for a while and you may be a self proclaimed naturist but the truth of the matter is that you need not but your mouth first. Unlike you I have visited on several occasions to Gunnison Beach and several other naturist resorts. I never once said or even implied that I enjoy parading around with an erect penis. I don't go to places to be looked at, I go to be comfortable with myself. If you are that uncomfortable with your 6 year old seeing an erect penis then I would suggest not bringing her. You are obviously paranoid about her seeing something. And to make the claim that you would be doing something to someone who just so happens unfortunately to get an erection is appalling. You obviously don't reflect the true virtues of a naturist. Not only do you say you would do something to me you also call me a deviant. If you wanted to sling mud you have picked the wrong person and the wrong chat to do it in. An erection is a completely natural thing, all I was saying was that in the event of an unwanted erection one shouldn't be ashamed. Your grotesque accusations are shameful at best. I hope that your attitude changes once you infact do go somewhere and have the experience. On that note why would someone post without true knowledge?

Sean, If I follow what you're saying, it's okay to have an erection in a public setting. What asmodee and many others are saying is that it's not appropriate any more than it is to sneeze in someone's face. You are a new member here, asmodee, according to the indication under his name, is a forum member.

There will always be this discourse/dispute on what is right and polite even though it's natural vs. what should be accepted.

Let's keep this a fun place to visit and not call anyone names and concentrate on the issues.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

asmodee
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2007 :  11:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sean22,

I apologize wholeheartedly to you. It was not my intention to suggest that you were, in any way, a sexual deviant. I post on this forum in my free time at work and a single post may be typed in the space of an entire day, off and on, as was the case with that post. My way of thinking and memory of the post to which I am responding fades and changes as I perform other tasks throughout the day and I do tend to go on a rampage sometimes. Please believe it was not aimed at you directly, but rather to those who, like others posting in this very thread, actually WANT people to see them. I did not mean to suggest that was you, though I see that I did just that in my post. For that, I apologize.

On that note, perhaps we can start again with a more fruitful debate? First, let me point that the fact that you have visited several nudist locations does not make you any more an expert than me. I am not trying to re-start the argument, just making an observation. There are people on this board that have been nudists their whole lives in whom I put a lot of faith and trust who do not agree with your point of view. Being born and raised nudist implies some real knowledge in nudist matters. I did point out immediately that this does not describe me. I would also point out that many swingers have had occasion to visit nudist locations. That does not make them experts in nudism, nor does it mean that their intentions are pure. Again, the point of all that is not to assault you further, just to bolster my position in the debate.

The point this debate has come to is whether or not one should cover an erection, should one occur. Obviously, I believe that one should have the common courtesy to do so. If you read the entire thread, you will see that many who disagree with that opinion are actually exhibitionists, not nudists, which weakens their argument considerably. Assuming you are not an exhibitionist, please tell me why you believe one should not need to take steps to hide an erection, if that is your stance. As has been pointed out, though it is "natural", there are many natural things that are not acceptable in public. A public display of an erection covered by jeans, for example, is no less natural, but certainly not accepted by the general populace. One cannot expect to go to a nudist resort carrying around a bucket to defecate in while on the beach. Defecations is equally as natural and, in fact, necessary for life. However, to do so in a bucket where all can see you, even assuming you can seal it and it will not be a health threat to others, would be considered very offensive and in poor taste. I doubt even one who takes your (assumed-haven't really heard what you believe yet) stance on erections would argue that public defecation should be acceptable as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. But, one could argue that it is natural. Only about 50% of the population can get an erection. Nearly 100% of the population defecates (The NEARLY part is a technicality to include those with colostomy bags and other health problems). That makes it even more natural. As for convenience, it is far less convenient to walk all the way to the restroom than it is to take 5 seconds to put on a towel.

There you have my argument. Again, I apologize for the earlier post which offended you and please realize it was not intended as a personal attack on you, though it did come off that way. That aside, there is not a thing in that post that I do not believe to be true. I believe that nudists, born and raised, have very little problem with getting unwanted erections. If it happens, I would think it would be very rare among adults. I know, based on the posts here, that nudists, born and raised, do not have a problem covering themselves if it does happen. I try to put myself in the mindset of someone who is against paying others this common courtesy and, to be honest, the only way I could imagine not caring that my

Sean22
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  01:00:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Sean22 an AOL message  Send Sean22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
asmodee,
First and formost I would like to say that your apology is accepted. Perhaps my stance wasn't clearly represented so I am going to clarify myself further. I never once said that I promote walking around with an erection. I never once suggested that it was acceptable to parade around with one either. I simply said that an erection is a natural occurence one of which we shouldn't be ashamed of. I never once said "one should not need to take steps to hide an erection." I did say that I was comfortable with my body, "erection or not." I am sorry if that was mistaken for you thinking that I don't care about who sees me erect. I've got more restraint than that. All I said was "Either way you look at it you shouldn't be ashamed of your body." If I may elaborate, all I was saying was that the inner feelings of shame shouldn't be felt. Please don't mistake that for "It's ok let's show everyone." Cheri as I've come to realize you're quite the moderator. I want you to know however that I don't advocate putting erections on display. Allow me to say this that it's not respectful to parade and erection, however the erection is a natural bodily function. One of which that occurs quite naturally. It is a common thing for new males to Naturism to be fearful of. If there is one thing that I have learned having gone to many sites is self control. I've never advocated for or accepted it as "ok" to share ones erection in public knowingly. I hope that this makes my position that much clearer. Now hopefully this debate can go a little more constructively. I must say that this is one of the more lively forums around.

asmodee
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  11:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sean22,

It appears we were on the same side all along. From your original post I had inadvertently drawn mistaken conclusions as to which side you were advocating. It was a little unclear and it is good to have that cleared up. Thank you for accepting my apology. If you read my other posts on this board you will see that I am a bit of an alarmist and my attention span tends to wander a bit. When I am responding to a post, my mind tends to wonder to the worst case scenario, as it were, and that, not the original post, is what I am going off on. I truly did not mean to offend, especially someone who, at least at a basic level, agrees with me.

Unfortunately, it appears we have nothing to debate now. I cannot disagree with a single thing from your last post. Now that I see exactly where you stand on the matter, it is basically the same as my stance, except maybe a little more laid back.

OLD BUZZARD
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  10:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow what a lot of responce to the erection delema. i have not been to a nudist camp yet but it sure looks like the por male is at a disavantage. we can argue all day and not resolve the issue.
so i asked my wife what she REALLY thinks about if we were at a nudist camp and were just walking along slowley and a male was approching us with a erection in plane view and made little effert to cover up.as he got closer he did turn somewhat sidewaise and said excuse me as he passed by. and she said QUOTE it would not bother me at all and if i caused him to have a erection i would take it as a complement UNQUOTE. soooo just wondering if women are having all the trouble with erections??? would like to know what they are REALLY thinking and are afraid to say because some others may not agree with them.if women think that a erection is for only sex no whender they are put off about it.a male really cant control his penas as some think,but he can control his actions and should be considerate of other people and try NOT to draw attension to him self but i feel thathe should not have to cover up as we are susposto be adults and respect the human body rather its male or female.no if ands or buts...so all you socalled nudists wake up and get real....my 2 cents worth the old buzzard

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  09:11:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Old Buzzard, As I've said multiple times in this 9-page thread: it's offensive to me as a woman and a person.

That's one reason men might be caring a towel over a shoulder.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

photonpro
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  11:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was teen ager I could get undressed without getting aroused even in mixed company but while sleeping, after getting into the shower, when wakening up in the morning or swimming nude I often had unwanted erections. For younger men this is quite normal, just cover up to protect others and it will go away. I saw two young guys at Haul Over Beach yesterday that had uncontrollable erections. They just quickly covered up and nobody was offended. This problem goes away with maturity and lower testosterone levels as you get older.

When you are younger the good thing is that when in the water nobody can tell, the dam thing floats up at the same natural angle under water as if you had a hard on anyway. Relax don’t worry about it. The cold water will eventually get you back under control.

Try to go with people you are already comfortable and used to being nude with, like family and friends, if you are close to them, talk with them in advance about your concerns so they know what you are going through and you can have fun together. Often a friend or family member can shield you from embarrassment. Remember in younger males even without visual sexual stimulation you may have erections and even nocturnal emissions, totally normal. As a teen ager my older sister used to cover for me when I would get an unwanted erection an block the view of others until it could get it back under control or I could find other cover.

Another point I would like to make is that you can forget about females being visually sexually stimulated. If they have erect nipples just consider it a blessing and enjoy the beauty of it. Trust me it is not about anything they were looking at, even if you had an erection.

And please not every male that gets a spontaneous erection is a perv. If you see this happening just give the guy some dignity and move away from him. Chances are in a nudist environment he is more embarrassed about it then you.

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: Frequent Uncontrolable Erections Medical Condition Topic Next Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved