Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 485 ]  [ Total: 485 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudism - Supporting Family Values / Mental Health
 Sex Seekers Posing As Nudists - Sorting Bad Apples
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Single mom with concerns Topic Next Topic: Are we being selfish
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  8:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do you tell a real nudist from someone mostly interested in sex, and posing as a nudist?

Many nudists will tell you nudism is good for your mental health, and is healthy for the entire family. But what about the "nudist sex" you see on the Internet, isn't that part of nudism? How do you explain this to someone interested in trying nudism for themselves?

In other words, how do you personally sort out the bad apples?

Dave
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  9:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say,pushy people.Most pushy people have alterior motives!Just like the lounge lizards that inhabit the bars in every home town across this fine country!They will hit on you,push you to do what ever.To each his own,like everything else keep your eyes open and don't be nieve!!!Unless you want to!!!Dave...

Bikeracer
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  08:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great new topic Admin! I've had occasion to introduce a few people to nudism. I find it's effective to go about it gradually and unoffensively. The idea that it's 'sexual' to be sans clothes need's to be quickly dispelled, in my opinion.

Nude in the pacific northwest

naturist_massage2000
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  1:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit naturist_massage2000's Homepage  Send naturist_massage2000 an AOL message  Send naturist_massage2000 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
my husband tells me he is not a nudist but a naturist, he defines it as naturists believe in the lifestyle as a whole and nudists are nothing more than Expositionist. this is how they class them in the uk he says.

joyce and andy

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  7:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, That's HIS definition. I use the words interchangeably. Others who enjoy being nude in nature only consider themselves naturists. I enjoy being nude when possible but clothed when practical. I've been a nudist for over 36 yrs. of my 56 and am a nudist/naturist; first, last, & only. Nudists are not exhibitionists (I think that's the word you mean). Nudists and naturists enjoy the freedom from clothing in appropriate settings. We don't want to flaunt that freedom, just enjoy it.

It's about accepting yourself and others and not what you look like, own, or wear.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  10:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a recurring problem.

It is bad enough that the uninformed general public associates us with the whole sex thing. But then you get those who go out and do this sort of thing and it just undermines everything we are trying to do. What adults do behind closed doors is their business. I have no problem with that. It is when they hit on others in a nudist setting or try having their, "fun," at a nude beach in front of others that really burns me up.

In my opinion we nudists are generally far to accepting of this type of behavior. I know we all just want to get along but we really must take a hard stand on all inappropriate types of behavior. If not we will loose what few remaining places we have.

I really don't know how to expain how to tell if they are genuine nudists or not. I think you just have to go with your gut instincts on this. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then the odds are pretty good it is a duck.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Collin Fletcher

Edited by - NudeAl on 06/06/2004 10:32:52 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  10:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudeAl,

I think you are right about that, we used to just turn away in the beginning and not say anything to those people acting inappropriately. We were at our favorite resort and were spending a few days and nights there. One weekend day the place was full and there were several day use couples there. The owners and manager were working overtime scolding these day user about the rules and etiquette of the resort. I got a scolding for not speaking up. We visit there quite often and we thought we were just guests until, while being scolded, the manager and owners stated they rely greatly on us regulars to be there extra eyes and ears. They said, "you're here so much, you're like extended staff, so don't let that stuff happen." It made us feel good that they felt that way.

We don't keep our mouths shut anymore, we don't especially like to confront abusers but you are so right by saying....if we don't keep our resorts and beaches free of this type of behavior, we are condoning it and we could very easily loose our beach and our resort get a reputation we don't want to have. So we are vocal to those abusers nowadays. So far I haven't had to duck a punch but if it comes to that, I am able to hold my own til the calvary arrives!

Edited by - FireProf on 06/06/2004 10:54:05 PM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  05:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good for you FireProf. Sometimes we have to stand up for what is right at the club even though there is management present. Some people just push things to see how far they can get. It also works the other way when people get into a tight click, and exclude others. There should be a balance, that everyone is welcome, but gently informed of any rules violations.

Kim =^.^=

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  9:40:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, this is how society was supposed to work... we have standards and we hold each other to them. In our neighborhood, we have drug dealers and prostitutes on the corners, teenagers drinking beer and other alcohol in the parks, and streets full of truant children. Why? Because nobody wants to speak up... they leave it to the "management" ("police") to do it.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  04:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Right Cheef, and when the "Management" does something about it, then everyone gets upset with the "Management". Go figure.

Kim =^.^=

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  3:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes unfortunately some people think that when we leave our clothes at the gate we leave our morals as well.Nudists or naturists aren't any more or less sexual than ordinary people.Why?,because we ARE ordinary people who just happen to be more comfortable doing certain things without the restrictions of clothes.
You wouldn't go around doing obscene acts on a clothed beach or resort,why do it on a nudist one.

Naturally KIWI

NudeTLH
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  4:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No matter what walk of life we are in we are going to encounter those who have motives less desirable. We should give everyone a chance but once they show their true colors something should be done about it. Perhaps if this was the case, I would not be so suspect everytime I want to join a club or go to a resort as a single male. (Which is really getting old.)

Al

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  06:59:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is a point I have always tried to make Nude TLH. I think everyone should be able to join a nudist whether they are married or not. I asked one of the club managers why single males were not permitted access to the club. The response was that by admitting only couples, it kept the ratio of males to females even, and they can control trouble makers easier. Looks like you could always toss a person out of the club if they did not obey the rules. We witnessed at one club where a couple of single guys were refused admitance to the club, but we niticed that a single female was granted access. I do not mind single males being members of the club. I would probably feel uneasy if I was like the only female and the rest males, but I do not think that would happen. If they are worried about single males hitting on the females, I have been hit on by more married men than I have have by a single men. There is a good possibility that when my son goes away to college next year, that there are clubs he would not be permitted to visit because he is a single male, even though he has been a nudist most of his life.

Kim =^.^=

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  10:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim, Is your son an AANR or TNS member through a club? If so that club management or even you, can call ahead for him to try to gain admittance. I do that for any and all of my singles who travel.

Hugs, Cheri

-
-

naturalgar
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  12:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Send naturalgar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well it was this February that I arrived at the Holiday Inn express where there was a nude swim & dance...many people were there and I even had a contact ...but showing up as a "single" male I could tell that they were less enthusiastic about letting me gain admittance> I a'm an outgowing person and I feel that I could have fit in well, but left due to the way I felt about being "single"

Gary

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2004 :  09:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gary,
I wish you could have felt more comfortable. Don't be self conscious about being single. Couples don't spend all their time together at the swims/dances. Once you walked in, it probably would have felt relaxed andenjoyed the event.
Hugs, Cheri

-
-

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Single mom with concerns Topic Next Topic: Are we being selfish  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.91 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved