Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 462 ]  [ Total: 462 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  07:44:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the weather cleared up on Saturday and it's been awesome ever since. Not too hot during the day and evenings in the low 70's. The gulf stream is now winding its way up the coast to warm NSB waters, but that'll still be awhile. The current water temperature reminds one of a very memorable Seinfeld episode.

We had an "interesting" experience yesterday. Around 2:00 a young couple showed up with their 2 1/2- 3 yr. old daughter, spread their blanket about 40 ft. from us, disrobed and started enjoying the sun. About 1/2 hour later this couple started getting frisky and it wasn't long before they were fully engaged in sex, in perfect view of everyone. Some of us were in the water when this started and not seeing any action by anyone else, good ol' Tansailr marched up to them and read them the riot act, loudly explaining how their flagrant conduct could cost us the beach. I was shortly joined by another woman who cited how that behavior cost them their nude beach in California (San Onofre). This couple were ever so casual about it and their replies were indignant, i.e., who were we to comment on their conduct. It turns out they were locals. The paleness of their skin showed they weren't regular beachgoers

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  07:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(accidently hit the "send" button before finishing.
,,,,,weren't regular beachgoers and their comments and rationale suggested they weren't the brightest and classiest , if y'know what I mean.....makes one think about the border between stupid and ignorant. They left shortly thereafter amidst threats of our calling the ranger if they showed up again.

Since the Natnl. Park Service keeps tabs on beach complaints and annually issues a report on same I did NOT report this to the rangers. No doubt there are still officials in the NPS who'd like to ban nudity on our beach, so we don't need that kind of press. However, if this couple shows up again, that'll be a different story.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  6:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good Work, I'm proud of you buddy. When you bring bad behavior to light they usually don't stick around very long.

I can't believe they did that with their daughter there.

Diger

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  8:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How disturbing! Why is it that nude beaches seem to bring out the weird-os? You were right to getting their faces about it. And i agree it should be handled withoutvthe rangers if possible. What kind of example are they setting for their daughter anyway?

n/a
deleted

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  8:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not been to this beach in like 10 years what is the current state of it and what kind of people frequent it now, back then if there were about 30 nudists on the beach about 5 were female..

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  06:45:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to Apollo numerous times last winter and once this winter. Beach is nice, parking is terrible so get threr early. You're right on the ratio of men to women. I decided to stay near Playalinda this winter. More parking, Better ratio and mix of people. Including couples and families. I think people are a bit more friendly too. I'm not downing Apollo. I will still attend it too when opporyunity arises.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  4:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been here almost a week now and mixed couples are becoming more predominant. Two days ago we outnumbered single and male couples and yesterday it was just the reverse. Today, with about 75-100 people on the beach it was pretty much 50:50 mixed couples vs. all other. Very broad age group, ranging from the 30's to the 70's.

It turns out that the beach really IS more sloped than before. From prior years we've been used to a slope near the dunes, then flattening out, then another slope to the water's edge. Well..that storm we had last week dumped a LOT more sand on the beach (which is good vs. the alternative!) and now there's about a continuous 20 degree slope from the dunes to the water's edge. The tide was ebbing most of today and we finally saw Diger and Angie's "island" when the tide hit the -.3 mark. Tomorrow's out last day so we'll be out there at the crack of dawn.....or so it seems to my wife.

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  06:29:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to know that the ratio is changing. The need for more women and couples will help in maybe getting more people involved in nude beaches.I talked to some couples and women gawkers this year while I was at Playalinda who said they would be more inclined to try being nude but there was more men than anything at the morning time frame. I invited one couple to take a walk down the beach clothed to see the various ages, genders and activities. When they came back my way, ironically they were both nude and said they were surprised at how comfortable they were getting to feel. She told me she could now scratch it from her bucket list. He said they would love to come back and spend an entire day.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  06:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had thought of flying down to visit family and visit apollo but just wanted to be sure it wasnt a pure sausage fest, it wouldnt deter me from going but I prefer a mix of men and women on a nude beach.

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2013 :  12:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're heading down in 3 weeks (just going to miss seeing Diger & Angie ). I'll have to say that the number of couples has really increased since we started coming here regularly 8 years ago. Not that it matters, because we've always had a great time here.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2013 :  10:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
JD,

Jeff and Kitty are staying two week so you will see them the week your down there too. You guys will still have someone to hangout with. (pun intended) LOL

Diger

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2013 :  4:59:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "Beach Gods" have smiled upon us, weather has been good, got some much needed rain last couple nights. Hey JD, NSB Blues Festival is coming up, Jimmy Thackery is playing at the OM Bar on Flagler Ave at 9:30 on June 1st.

We frequent Apollo beach several times a week and the number of couples has really increased, one of our employees was even married there last week. The C/O beach is great but we enjoy many other outdoor activities in the park too....bicycling, hiking, kayaking, fishing the flats, or just plain old walking. Come on down here and get a little sand in your shoes, you just might stay...we did.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2013 :  8:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks we will have to check that out when we get down there. Give us a shout badbugs we'll be there all week.

Diger

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  11:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We had a great day at Apollo today, had some catch up time with old friends and met some new ones. We met Jim and Linda that are members at Rock Haven.

They invited us to visit them at their club soon and they made it sound like a wonderful place.

Diger

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  5:43:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by badbugs

The "Beach Gods" have smiled upon us, weather has been good, got some much needed rain last couple nights. Hey JD, NSB Blues Festival is coming up, Jimmy Thackery is playing at the OM Bar on Flagler Ave at 9:30 on June 1st.

We frequent Apollo beach several times a week and the number of couples has really increased, one of our employees was even married there last week. The C/O beach is great but we enjoy many other outdoor activities in the park too....bicycling, hiking, kayaking, fishing the flats, or just plain old walking. Come on down here and get a little sand in your shoes, you just might stay...we did.

Hey Murph! Did you make it out to see Thackery? we've seen him many times. We'll be down late Friday afternoon and hit the beach on Saturday. I hope Earl & Angie will leave us some sunny skies.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.55 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved