Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 247 ]  [ Total: 247 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  03:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well to give review of first time visit...... Wife and I were there Sunday the 8th. We were first to arrive in the lot so stayed in the vehicle to watch sunrise. Not much of one due to storm clouds, but the sounds of the surf was wonderful. We wanted a few people to arrive because we weren't sure as to where the C/O area started. Once we got down there and found our spot we were pleased with the secludedness, the wife is still a little apprehensive about nudity in public. A short time later we met a nice couple who are regulars there and were cleaning up the beach.(Rick and Sue)They had two full trash bags collected, and I thanked them for what they were doing and offered to help if they went back out. Later while strolling along the surf with the same couple we learned that we had something in common. We had both been to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (GTMO) and did some scuba diving there. What makes this unusual is that we aren't Military Personnel and it's obviously a place you must have special permission to go to. We both commented on what a small world this is and how it was interesting that two nudists would meet on a beach and have someting like that in common. Also briefly spoke with another couple who were nice. We had visited both Playalinda and Apollo this weekend and wifey stated later that she felt more comfortable at Apollo, I had to agree. It was less crowded with friendly folks and more perfect for first timers. At high tide the beach is kinda narrow but it got wider as it went down to low tide. Apollo is a lot closer to hotels/motels and quicker to travel to as well. We asked for a late check out at hotel and were able to spend approx. 4 hours there before heading back to take shower and check out.

Hope this helps other first timers wondering about Apollo Beach.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  5:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats on your trip and glad you tried both beaches. Some like Apollo and some like Playalinda but you just have to try both to find out which.

Diger

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  9:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is true Diger, for me I kinda lean towards Playalinda. Don't really know why, maybe because geographically and travel time wise it's easier to get to. I won't ever rule out Apollo or speak negative of either one. I'm EXTREMLY jealous that the area of Florida has two nice beaches that close together and the Gulfcoast area, where I live has none. I told the wife if we lived on the other coast of FL I would be on those beaches a couple times a month.

ImNeeked

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  09:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I returned to Apollo last Thursday and went every day through Sunday. We've got our routine down pat. Arrive at Apollo around 7:30 - 8:00, leave between 1 and 2:00. Stop at JB's for a burger and beer. Return to the hotel for a shower and a nap. Leave around 5:00 for cocktails either on the beach at Apollo (preferred) or a bar. Late dinner. Then the next morning, start it all over again. By the time we left Monday morning, we were totally relaxed and recharged. We decided we need to do this once a month...Great stress eleminator!

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  12:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with you, IMNeeked...... I wish I lived 3 hours closer because I would be there at least once a month.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  7:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Flnudist,

We have some friends that live 5 minutes from the gate at Apollo and we are there more than they are even though we live in Tennessee.

Diger

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  8:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be nice but it is a 22 hr drive and the Aloha is reasonable but a private place would be nice.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/14/2010 :  09:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Accommodation wise, with a drive of maybe an extra 5-7 minutes, consider renting a condo. While they pretty well insist on a week-long rental, a lot of condo owners will relax their terms and agree to a shorter stay if the unit's going to otherwise sit unoccupied. The Aloha's fine for a short notice situation, but it pales in comparision with some of the condos we've rented. Vacation Rentals by Owner has a website www.vrbo.com. Try it.

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  10:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ImNeeked

My wife and I returned to Apollo last Thursday and went every day through Sunday. We've got our routine down pat. Arrive at Apollo around 7:30 - 8:00, leave between 1 and 2:00. Stop at JB's for a burger and beer. Return to the hotel for a shower and a nap. Leave around 5:00 for cocktails either on the beach at Apollo (preferred) or a bar. Late dinner. Then the next morning, start it all over again. By the time we left Monday morning, we were totally relaxed and recharged. We decided we need to do this once a month...Great stress eleminator!

That sounds like us. We get there 8:00 ish, leave between 3:00 & 4:00, go get cleaned up, get something to eat @ JB's or somewhere else, come back and ride bikes, do a little fishing, or catch some live music on a weekend (or high school football on fall Friday nights).....and get up and do it all over again. We're coming down for a week the day after Labor Day.....and are counting down the hours.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  10:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tansailr

Accommodation wise, with a drive of maybe an extra 5-7 minutes, consider renting a condo. While they pretty well insist on a week-long rental, a lot of condo owners will relax their terms and agree to a shorter stay if the unit's going to otherwise sit unoccupied. The Aloha's fine for a short notice situation, but it pales in comparision with some of the condos we've rented. Vacation Rentals by Owner has a website www.vrbo.com. Try it.

Thanks for the link. The thing we like about the Aloha is the location for bike riding & fishing. The area is great for riding and a short ride into the park as well. There's close by fishing and manatee watching as well. Not having a pool isn't a big deal because we spend the day on the beach anyway, and it's walking distance to JB's.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

twins

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  9:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my sister and i will be in daytona around november. we would like to visit apollo beach. will the temperature be ok to visit the beach? also, any advice for newbies? thanks cheryl

Edited by - twins on 08/25/2010 9:54:08 PM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  10:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheryl,

In November the temps may or maynot be good. You will more likely be fine but you can always have cold fronts move through. We have gone in cooler weather and used a wind break. As long as can get out of the wind you will be fine.

The only advice is go and enjoy it.

Diger

JimmieMac51
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  10:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Send JimmieMac51 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I will be in Fl,Nov 2 thru 12. Unfortunately, I'll be on the other side. I'll be at my sisters house in Bradenton.
My neice is getting married on the 5th so it'll probably be hectic until then, after that, I'm not sure what the itinerary will be.
The last time I went down, Oct '09, I did get some skinny dippin' time in, when no one was there. The pool in their back yard is very private.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  10:08:40 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That beach sounds/looks fantastic. But Diger, how the heck are you able to post photos? They make this forum so much more interesting...

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  6:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You can't if you use the quick reply. You have to click on the reply to topic button, it has a lot more options, but you have to host your photos on the web at a site like Flickr before you can link them to your post.

Diger

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved