Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 123 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Family-Oriented Versus Adult-Oriented
 Nudism is usually non-sexual, however...
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Where are the pure nudist resorts? Topic
Page: of 2

philzer
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  1:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read a book about Hedonism II, and it sounds like great fun if you know what you're going to experience when you arrive. Obviously, it's NOT a good place to take your kids (they're not permitted anyway, from what I remember), but it is a place where adults can truly have a playground of their own and enjoy some fantasy life, if they're comfortable with it. I'd love to try it once. They apparently get a lot of repeat business, so they must do something right.

On the other hand, I think that the accepted concept of nudism according to groups like AANR and TNS (of which I'm a member), that it is a non-sexual, mostly family-oriented activity, is the best way to go. Leaning more toward the adult-oriented, sexual kind of activity would open the door to opposition by all kinds of groups who are against (for lack of a better term) "adult entertainment" -- and sometimes, for good reason. Plus, nudism for kids is something we must keep wholesome and appropriate. I'm a dad myself, and that's what I want for my kids when we take them to a nude resort or beach.

Philzer

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  12:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You hit the nail on the head Philzer, The same thing happens in the textile world. You have places that adults can have fun and do what they want to within the social context of the setting (Bars, strip clubs, swingers clubs, pool halls, whatever), and then you have places for the family that the acts in the previous places would not be acceptable (parks, chruches, amusment parks, public pools, etc).

--------------------
"On the 3rd day of Telecommuting, Dilbert found clothing to not be a necesity" -That Dilbert Dude (quote takin from memmory, dont quote me on it )

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  2:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im rathr tolerant and i would probably gone for the little wilder venues a few years ago. but a family resort offers the same activities for the most part, and would be the type of place my girl friend and i would prefer. if, however, we got booked at a more open resort, we would enjoy ourselves without going too crazy.

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  02:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calmnude has, I think, struck an excellent balance here and emphasizes tolerance. I'm sure I would have enjoyed a weekend at a Hedonism-type place in my thirties, if I could have afforded it. But my speed is a bit more sedate now, and we enjoy just lolling in the sun with the surf at our feet, and maybe making slow progress in the mystery novel. Both my wife and I enjoy the presence of kids, even though we have none of our own; there are times though, when an adult does want some solitude and quiet time. That ought not be too hard to arrange at any resort worthy of the name.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  2:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please bare with us - we're new to the site and somewhat new to nudism as well. Just a couple of quick comments...

We’ve been to family oriented, adult oriented, nudist and clothing optional places. We’re swinger tolerant but not swingers ourselves. We are not in favor of overt sexual behavior from swingers, but feel that what they do behind closed doors is none of our business.

When we’re looking at going to a place we’ve never been, we’ve started using the nudist vs. clothing optional and family oriented vs. adult categories in combination as an indicator of what we can probably expect. Of course there is no hard and fast rule. Membership to AANR and TNS is another thing that we look for. Our guideline – loose that it is follows…

If the destination does not have an affiliation with a national group that is in good standing – be cautious. If they do, we feel that we have nothing to be concerned with.

Of the ones without national affiliation we sort them thusly…

If they claim they are family friendly or family oriented AND nudist (not clothing optional) we will give them a try.

If they claim they are family friendly or family oriented AND NOT nudist (clothing optional) we will probably not go.

If they are adult oriented AND nudist we might give them a try.

If they are adult oriented AND NOT nudist (clothing optional) we will not go.

Basically, we’ve found that clothing optional (not nudist) destinations that are adult oriented or claim to be family friendly but have no national affiliation are more likely to not be the kind of place we’d enjoy. We’ve found that in such settings, people are typically not getting completely naked, and their partial nakedness is coupled with provocative or erotic dress that is intended to entice.

We understand that some people may feel more comfortable with being able to remain partially clothed. However, we feel more comfortable when we’re not the only ones that are completely nude. And we like to be completely nude – weather permitting.

So – just our 2 cents. Look at clothing optional vs nudist, family or adult oriented, and national affiliation or not and you can typically get a pretty good idea of what to expect. It works for us and we feel pretty comfortable trying any new spot when we’ve looked at these criteria. Of course, we’re always free to just pack up and leave if we don’t like it too. :-)

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  9:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Except a newcomer or wannabe, especially a female, who is able to disrobe at her own pace, might embrace nudism more quickly than having it demanded that she disrobe immediately. We have a couple of ladies in my club who were this not the case, they would have never become nudists.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  1:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I concur with Cheri on this point. For some folks, the transition to social nudity needs to be incremental, and c/o makes this possible. I also agree that being the only nude person/couple is also disquieting. Provided there is a well understood (un)dress code, there's probably room for all types of resorts and, for that matter, public use lands.

ultrclassic

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  1:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ultrclassic a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We prefer adult clubs, our work involved a lot of children thru the years...we want to relax away from kids and be more free to be ourselves.

simplelife
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  01:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Please bare with us - we're new to the site and somewhat new to nudism as well. Just a couple of quick comments...

We’ve been to family oriented, adult oriented, nudist and clothing optional places. We’re swinger tolerant but not swingers ourselves. We are not in favor of overt sexual behavior from swingers, but feel that what they do behind closed doors is none of our business.

When we’re looking at going to a place we’ve never been, we’ve started using the nudist vs. clothing optional and family oriented vs. adult categories in combination as an indicator of what we can probably expect. Of course there is no hard and fast rule. Membership to AANR and TNS is another thing that we look for. Our guideline – loose that it is follows…

If the destination does not have an affiliation with a national group that is in good standing – be cautious. If they do, we feel that we have nothing to be concerned with.

Of the ones without national affiliation we sort them thusly…

If they claim they are family friendly or family oriented AND nudist (not clothing optional) we will give them a try.

If they claim they are family friendly or family oriented AND NOT nudist (clothing optional) we will probably not go.

If they are adult oriented AND nudist we might give them a try.

If they are adult oriented AND NOT nudist (clothing optional) we will not go.

Basically, we’ve found that clothing optional (not nudist) destinations that are adult oriented or claim to be family friendly but have no national affiliation are more likely to not be the kind of place we’d enjoy. We’ve found that in such settings, people are typically not getting completely naked, and their partial nakedness is coupled with provocative or erotic dress that is intended to entice.

We understand that some people may feel more comfortable with being able to remain partially clothed. However, we feel more comfortable when we’re not the only ones that are completely nude. And we like to be completely nude – weather permitting.

So – just our 2 cents. Look at clothing optional vs nudist, family or adult oriented, and national affiliation or not and you can typically get a pretty good idea of what to expect. It works for us and we feel pretty comfortable trying any new spot when we’ve looked at these criteria. Of course, we’re always free to just pack up and leave if we don’t like it too. :-)

Thanks for these helpful guidelines.
Any idea why many clubs cloak their atmospheres in secrecy? I for one would appreciate honesty in such matters.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Where are the pure nudist resorts? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved