Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 207 ]  [ Total: 207 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Nudist Attitudes in Various Countries
 Nudist attitudes and customs from around the world
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Is Nudism Going The Way of Organized Religion?
Page: of 5

nudeman72
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  11:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's another factor, actually-

Northern California is far more liberal about nudity than Southern California. (Ever hear of the "Bare To Breakers" race in S.F.- where you run nude through the city in a marathon.?)

I was told that Southern California is less open to nudism because of the increasing population/political power of hispanics- a large percentage of whom are (I was told) very conservative.

The Los Angeles area in particular is quite "lame" in comparison with other large cities. I believe (and have also been told) that this is due to a backlash against the anything-goes scene that was happening here in the 70's. (Open cocaine use in bars- and orgies around apartment complex swimming pools, etc.)

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  12:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we can't wait to go to Denmark where they have over 5000 km of beaches and only two (2) require you to wear a bathing suit. Now that's my kinda beach country!

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  03:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have always heard how liberal Dennmark was with nudity on their beaches, just wish it was in a warmer clime where you could enjoy it year round.

Kim =^.^=

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  08:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudeman72

The Los Angeles area in particular is quite "lame" in comparison with other large cities. I believe (and have also been told) that this is due to a backlash against the anything-goes scene that was happening here in the 70's. (Open cocaine use in bars- and orgies around apartment complex swimming pools, etc.)

I have been to both Blacks Beach and San Onofre which is Southern California.... In general, I fully agree!

... Sarcasm goes here ...
You can't have people going around naked, it might hurt movie attendance.
... End of Sarcasm ...

nudeman72
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  6:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, bornnude-

I've been to San Onofre, too- and love it. (Even though- as one website mentioned- you have to be slightly concerned about a nuclear reactor being located only a mile-or-so from it...)

I guess I'm whining that I live in the largest city in the U.S. (landwise, it's 90 MILES SQUARE!)-thats SURROUNDED by beaches- in (arguably)THE MOST LIBERAL STATE IN THE U.S.- but I have to drive anywhere between (depending on traffic conditions) an hour-and-15-minutes and two hours to take my clothes off outdoors. (There used to be a resort here- Elysium Fields- that's currently closed- and I've heard there's a section near Zuma Beach that's unofficially clothing optional, but...)

By the way, I've never been to Black's Beach- how would you compare it with San Onofre? I'm fairly lazy/in-a-hurry to get on the beach and get my clothes off; I've never gone to Black's because it's supposedly such a long hike to get to it. Is it worth the extra time to make the trek? (In comparison with San Onofre?)

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  06:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been years since I went to both beaches... For some reason, it may have been the time of year, it seemed like Blacks had more clothed people looking for "naked" people than San Onofre did. The people at San Onofre seemed friendlier also.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  03:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thought of an idea bornnude, if they charged money for people who "gawk" at nude beaches, it might generate money to to help maintain the beaches, and save tax payers money!

Kim =^.^=

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  07:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea....

I just thought of an incident I saw at San Onofre that I found ironic....

There are a lot of surfers in the area but the water is pretty cool, even in the summer because it flows from the artic so wet suits are the norm.

I was sitting there on the nude portion of the beach, enjoying the sunshine when out of the water pops a couple of surfers. They proceeded to change out of their wet suits and swim gear behind towels...

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  03:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The one good thing about it bornnude, is they were not offended by nude people. The only reason I see for them to be changing behind towels at a nude beach is they haven't accepted their own nudity.

Kim =^.^=

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  10:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe they have something we don't! MAYBE They are ALIENS!!!!

Or maybe Kim is right

--------------------
Live Body Proud, Live Clothes Free

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2004 :  02:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good reasons Kimberly...

That does lessen my amusment some.

Telly

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  3:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum, and also to naturism as of this summer. Before I say anything else, I would like to congratulate the people who made this site, as well as the people who post their comments, which have really helped me out since I started naturism alone.
I just wanted to mention Greece, since it's a little piece of paradise with over 2000 island and islets and the mainland being a peninsula is surrounded by water as well.
Nudity in Greece is for the most part freely accepted, and can be seen everywhere, even on billboards placed on the side of the roads! It is acceptable to go topless on the majority of beaches.
As for naturism... there are a number of clubs and resorts which specifically cater nudist, although I would recommend also travelling around the islands which in most cases have plenty of beaches which cater textiles and nudist.
In a growing number of beaches around the islands, naturism is gaining followers, and more and more beaches are becoming clothes optional. I would recommend Captain Barefoots guide to the Greek islands regarding information on beaches and accomidations which cater to naturism.

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/1794/greekgde.html

Hope to see more of you visiting this beautiful place!

-Telly

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  4:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Telly,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reminding us how accomadating the Greek Islands are to our life-style.

Chic

Edited by - chic on 01/03/2005 4:09:50 PM

JoMulholland
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  2:36:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoMulholland's Homepage  Send JoMulholland a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Free Beach Association of NSW ceased to exist after 13 years of fighting for legal nude bathing, on 12 December. We are keeping the Website going but left only the information regarding nude beaches there (Not our history, events, etc.).

I just want to add to what my fellow Sydney-naturist, here, wrote. While there ARE beaches being used for nude bathing in the perhaps most suitable state ( - watch for stingers in the water - ), Queensland. That is the state where nude bathing is not legal anywhere.

It seems to me that visitors to THIS site might possibly consider vacationing in Australia and should their destination, for example be Cairns, in the far, tropical north, then they ought to be aware, that while nude bathing happens, it isn't legal until you get to, south of the border down Belongil-way.

Jo

quote:
Originally posted by Spontanudity

AUSTRALIA and Naturism...

........, there are plenty of nude beaches and resorts around the country. If you need more information please feel free to send me an e-mail message

Cheers,
Spontanudity

Naturism is for every body.

Edited by - JoMulholland on 09/30/2006 5:12:22 PM

Tim
Forum Member

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  7:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted this in a different forum earlier, but it is probably more relevant here.

I checked on the Spanish naturists website before I went to Spain last autumn (fall). Nudity is legally acceptable anywhere but that time I only tried it on the beaches. There are quite a lot of naturist beaches but once I picked up the courage to try it, I sometimes felt most comfortable on ordinary beaches even when I was the only nude there. It had something to do with naturist beaches sometimes being used by people other than naturists, which is a great shame. I walked several miles of beach nude and was able to assess responses. A few people laughed and I did get one objection, ironically very close to the naturist beach at Vera Playa. At some other beaches people looked surprised but didn’t seem offended at all. Several times I got smiles sometimes from small groups of women who also clapped. It seemed they were showing their approval of a man who was happy to bare all. At times I wondered whether people disapproved but were not expressing it. I guess the first time a textile sees a nude on the beach they are not sure what to think. Many people on the beaches in Spain are from much more prudish countries like England and they probably think it is illegal. The English tend to accept topless women in other countries and quite a lot go topless there themselves. Yet it is rather unusual to see a topless woman on a British beach.

What do other members think about naturists using textile beaches when nudity is legal. Was I misinterpreting responses due to cultural differences? Am I promoting naturism? Does it help our cause or hinder it?

Page: of 5 Topic Next Topic: Is Nudism Going The Way of Organized Religion?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved