Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 172 ]  [ Total: 172 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Movies, Records and books....
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hello to everyone Topic Next Topic: nude massage
Page: of 6

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  08:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly

I saw a programe on the National Geographic channel and it had full frontal nudity, it was about evolution. I am thinking maybe they consider those people sub human so its okay to show them nude.

The learning channel had a show on human sexuality from birth to old age. I remember the beginning showed all different ages, races, genders, etc. lined up, undressed.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  10:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Medical text books are like that too.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  11:25:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, you couldnt actually show people enjoying themselved that way on tv. so it has to appear boring like a medical textbook.

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  1:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irishred

papabear, I can remember watching documentaries on TV a number of years ago on Amazon tribes and they showed frontal nudity (no shading of the private areas). So maybe the censorship is something new in the last couple of years.

I never knew there was a Dr Suess book on the Godivas. Neat cover!

irishred

Thats what I was sayin, I have noticed it in the last 4 or 5 years. Goin downhill :(

--------------------
Live Body Proud, Live Clothes Free

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  04:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That used to be a joke when I was in High School. "I saw a picture of your mother." "Where?" "In National Geographic." But you are right, either they are not taking those kind of pictures any more, or the people are wearing some type of clothing now.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  07:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
see,

the missionaries have gotten to national geographics too. i think that in order to get money, the geographics people have had to sell their souls. too bad, because it is still a very good magazine

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  07:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am not knocking National Geograhic magazine at all. We have a subscription to the magazine and watch the channel. I think the magazine had the best pictures of all magazines. I think it is just portraying the changing of the times.

Kim =^.^=

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  08:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calmnude,

I suppose that is true, depending on the organization. I know some missionary organizations have become more concerned about changing the culture too much.

The another factor is the encroaching "western civilization" (is it either western or civilized?). When you have millions of acres of the rainforest being burned off, you know that that will have an effect on those that live near.

I suspect that yet another factor is the desire for those tribes to better themselves. If you send a kid to school in a third world country, they had better have a lot of money or be sponsored. Since many if not most of the third world schools are missionary run, they would probably have some sort of dress code, even if they don't force change in the adults.

(climbing off my soapbox...)

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  4:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of western civilization, the ancient Greeks and Romans are in part the basis of our present day civilization. They had a more relaxed and healthier attitude toward nudism.

irishred

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  7:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bornnude,

a movie about the infringement of "civilization" on the rain forest people is "emerald forest". (1975?)

philzer
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  8:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by calmnude

the Dr.Seuss book, which has been reprinted, is "the seven lady godivas".

Heyyy!!! I never knew it was back in print. I'll have to look for that. (I love Dr. Seuss.)

Philzer

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  9:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Last printing I can find is 1985 :(

--------------------

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  10:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my reissued edition,first printing is september,1987. random house.

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  11:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Woops, sorry, ment 1987. Actually all I can find is Aug 12th printing, but close enough

--------------------

Revilo42
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  10:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Revilo42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I recall reading a letter in National Geographic a couple of years ago, complaining that a report on beaches in Southern France where the photographer somehow managed to miss the naked and topless people. The letter questioned if National Geographic was practicing a form of racism or refusing to show "civilised" people naked, because only "uncivilised" people would do that naturally.

That reminds me:

A reporter once asked Ghandi: "What do you think of Western Civilisation?"

Ghandi replied: "I think it would be a good idea!"

Cheers!

David
www.thebeadman.net

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Hello to everyone Topic Next Topic: nude massage  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved