Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 185 ]  [ Total: 185 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Help I'm new to nudism and have tons of questions
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Going nude for long periods of time Topic Next Topic: what hinders me to practice nude if given d chance
Page: of 2

Cavanudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2014 :  10:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just recently started to spend all my time at home nude, really relaxing! I do have young children and do not go around nude while they are awake. This morning I was nude as my son was awake, no reaction from him. My wife did ask my to put on something, I did. How does one go about gaining understanding from my wife that I desire to be nude while at home or when we do not have guests. Also, is it normal to get random erections? I'm not nude for a sexual reason but for the feeling of freedom and I just feel better nude.

Please someone reply and help!

rahel
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  12:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well. I love being nude at home all the time even when it is cold. My husband is o.k. with it, but when the children or grand children come and visit, of course I get dressed. They all know that before they arrive I am "au naturel" and they do not mind. I feel real good, free and I love myself.... so there.

rahel

Cavanudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  07:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of the biggest questions I have are:

1. Is it natural to get random erections when you are first practicing nudity?
2. If question one is normal, when will that stop? Some days it doesn't happen but others it's a bit annoying.
3. I think my family would benefit from being nude, how do I introduce it to normal everyday life?
4. Are there any nude beaches in Virginia? I'm thinking of trying that first solo and then bring the wife.

I appreciate all the advice I can get!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  08:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cavanudist

Some of the biggest questions I have are:

1. Is it natural to get random erections when you are first practicing nudity?
2. If question one is normal, when will that stop? Some days it doesn't happen but others it's a bit annoying.

That's probably because you're still not used to being nude. And being nude at home by yourself, relaxing or being idle, can trigger arousal. You have to make it a habit: doing chores, cooking, cleaning, some type of activity to get you moving nude at home. The erections will go away because your body will just get used to being nude.

quote:
[i]3. I think my family would benefit from being nude, how do I introduce it to normal everyday life?

Number One thing: you're going to need your wife to "sign off" on it. That may be easy or tough sell depending on her views on nudity. My x gave me a tough time. I started going nude at home during the day (I worked 2nd shift back then) and she really didn't like it at first. Through discussions, and nudist materials (books, mags and movies) I was eventually able to change her mind about home nudity.
When my daughter was old enough to stop wearing diapers, I'd just let her run nude around the house; and since I was nude myself that was the beginning of our family nudity. When kids are a little older this takes a bit more finesse: just leaving bedroom and bathroom doors open has worked for some people. The kids will see you intermittently nude and will get used to it.

4. Are there any nude beaches in Virginia? I'm thinking of trying that first solo and then bring the wife.[/quote]
No official nude beaches in VA. For a nude beach you'd unfortunately have to make a long drive to Gunnison, NJ. Or just go nude by yourself on an isolated stretch of beach (Chesapeake Bay has a few.)

Edited by - Nudony on 05/12/2014 08:09:33 AM

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  09:28:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cavanudist

I have just recently started to spend all my time at home nude, really relaxing! I do have young children and do not go around nude while they are awake. This morning I was nude as my son was awake, no reaction from him. My wife did ask my to put on something, I did. How does one go about gaining understanding from my wife that I desire to be nude while at home or when we do not have guests. Also, is it normal to get random erections? I'm not nude for a sexual reason but for the feeling of freedom and I just feel better nude.

Please someone reply and help!

Its not uncommon for a non-nudist wife to object. Ignore her. She'll get used to you going around naked.

Children don't care about naked adults, and if they are pre-teen will probably rather be naked too. Seeing adults is how children learn about life, so they won't care if you are naked. They will learn what adults look like and how adults act, nothing more.

My wife and I started taking our kids to a clothing optional resort when they were 8 to 11. They never became "nudists" but they never were concerned about clothing either, and still aren't in their 30s.

Male erections are always related to sexual feelings and sexual feelings are normal and natural. Men do not need to hide our natural bodies. Seeing normal adults, including normal men, is educational for children. No problem. As soon as you think about something else, like fixing the car or washing dishes you will no longer be feeling sexual.

Don't worry if someone comes to your door. Just act normal. If you act like you are doing something wrong, then people will accept that you are doing wrong. If you act as if nude is normal, then people will accept that too.

Try going naked outside in your yard sometimes. Go naked hiking out in some woods. Carpe Diem.

Naked is green.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  2:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Ignore her"? That sounds like a sure-fire recipe for success.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  6:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing when I read it. My wife would not take to kindly to being ignored It took time but little by little she got more used to it. Now...she is more surprised when I'm in a textile state...especially when the weather is warmer.

Cavanudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  9:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, good info and suggestions. I sure everyone has said this at some point but I wish I had accepted that I'm a nudist sooner. It's really blows my mind at how much I can't wait to get out of my clothes when I get home. I've even started to go commando just so I have less clothes on.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  11:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First; I don't know what "gnarlyoldman's" marital status is but if he is married, well then ... he's got a different type of relationship with his wife than many of us have! hahaha

I have found that most nudist men that have that type of attitude are either widowed or divorced. They have taken the stance that they will now do whatever the hell they want and think every else should as well.

It is easy for someone that does not have anyone else to answer to but themselves to take that attitude but it certainly not that easy for others who have significant others they are responsible to and for ... namely, a wife and kids and grandkids.

What is also troubling is that some of these men think that their way is the only way and if not their way ... take the highway! I don't think many of us would even care to have that type of life that we are beholding to no one and don't care a thing about what people think or say.

I certainly do; when it comes from my wife, my girls, my grandkids and my close friends.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Cavanudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2014 :  07:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have to agree with you FireProf, all I want to do is to feel relaxed when I'm not at work, but I do respect my wife's wishes.

I remember when I was young and we lived in the country, I would go outside nude when I knew everyone was gone. It felt pretty cool to feel the breeze across my body and I enjoyed the time outside.
So, I know I'm a nudist, its just taken me a while to realize it.

The last statement was off topic but wanted to say it publicly "I'm a nudist!"

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  11:44:29 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As for erections, when you start going to nudist venues and there are other men around, that problem will disappear.

bqdude1
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2014 :  09:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just Ignore her?????

Do you know why there are very few statues of famous women?

No woman wants to be taken for Granite!!

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2014 :  10:35:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would either contact AANR or maybe check Amazon for some books on nudism and try to get her to read over them to see that nudism is just another lifestyle that some folks accept and enjoy, just remember it's not for everyone and some will never accept it.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2014 :  06:17:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There is a nudist resort in Virginia, on the east side of that commonwealth.

http://whitetailresort.org/

Also,there is Avalon nudist resort 25 miles northwest of Winchester, Virginia. It's in West Virginia.

http://www.avalon-resort.com/ br /

I have no idea how good these two resorts are.

It's always difficult to introduce another person to nudism if they might not be inclined to try it out initially. It's not normal for that person's daily life, and it may not be congruent to how they were brought up. Also, it depends on their attitude in general.

I have preached gradualism when it comes go converting someone, or that is to say, not converting someone immediately, or overnight. If your wife does not like seeing you nude at all in everyday life, then you have a harder sell. You might negotiate with her to get to be nude more often at home. If she's amenable to that, and it becomes a constant behavior, you might try "upping the ante," and have her try it out herself when you two are alone.

Let her know the plus side (it's all plus!!) of nudism - the comfort of it. If she buys that and tries it out for a few hours, and likes it, you are well on your way.

Her trying that out in a nudist resort might be intimidating. As Sailaway Bob says, you could send for some AANR literature that depicts normal nudist life, she would feel more self-confident, especially knowing that few women look like Miss America at a resort.

I conceive we're all nervous about something completely new, socially - we want to know that whatever we get into socially, we'll fit in with the crowd. That dismisses awkwardness and discomfort.

On the other hand, as Bob also wisely said, some people will never accept nudism. The question then might be, will she be okay with you going to a nudist resort by yourself? Her thoughts about that could pure jealousy, or she may grumble and be okay with it.

It's really hard to predict.

Don't worry about erections. Too many men around to kill any sense of arousal. Also, there is nothing sexual going on. After a while, it becomes very routine, and you could even be bored if there is nothing much to do. A man by himself may not be as welcome as a couple would be. I can attest to that. I find senior couples are easier to talk with. Younger folks seem to think your hitting on them if you say, "Hi."

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

cloudy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2014 :  2:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CAVANUDIST The resort that Warmskin mentioned, Avalon, is VERY nice. Well maintained and friendly. It is c/o ( clothing optional ) so your wife can stayed clothed as your nude. The only exception is in the pool areas. One indoor pool and one outside, both large. Small bar and good restaurant. Nice big barn for dancing or whatever. They have cottages and a lodge, all for rent. This place is in the middle of nowhere. You must ask for a map and specific driving instructions. We've only been to a few resorts but I'll tell ya,,, this is top drawer on my list. Have fun and go slow with the wife, she may come around.

Cavanudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2014 :  7:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for the advice , she is starting to come around and wants to go with me to a clothing optional resort. So I'm pretty excited about that, I think once she sees the different body types and that I'm not there to stare but to be nude and relax, she might join in.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Going nude for long periods of time Topic Next Topic: what hinders me to practice nude if given d chance  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved