Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 179 ]  [ Total: 179 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Hey, is there a club or nudist resort in ...?
 Nude Beach or B&B on Oahu?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Secret Nude Beaches Topic Next Topic: Any nude beach in Los Angeles California?  

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  11:40:37 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've Googled this and can't seem to get a clear answer. Any locals or recent visitors have up-to-date info?

It sounds like nudists use the north shore, but gay men are ruining it for others:

http://on.aol.com/video/nudity-on-north-shore-beach-in-oahu-causes-controversy-517725927

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  2:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting story on several fronts. i have some degree of sympathy for the locals who don't want their children seeing public nudity or sex acts. It was interesting to see that 70% of the poll respondents favored nude sunbathing on Polo Beach, although I doubt the poll had much scientific validity. What needs to happen (and not just in Hawaii) is the creation of designated, legal nude beaches that the textile community knows to avoid.

More troubling to me was the report (yet again) of gay men using the beach as a hook-up site. Gentlemen, please! Nude beaches are scarce enough as it is, and using them for furtive sexual encounters just invites community disapproval and the attention of law enforcement. Get a room. I won't attempt to delve into the bio-psycho-social reasons why gay men are far more often the source of complaints of this sort than are their lesbian or straight counterparts. It is what it is ... but I wish it wasn't.

ddoger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  1:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I spent 3 days at polo beach last October with no problems at all.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2014 :  1:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good points, Doc. It's really amazing/sad that with the THOUSANDS of miles of tropical coastline in HI, there can't be even ONE officially designated nude beach.

I'ved lived/traveled in many parts of the world, and the "crusing gay men" issue has been a constant problem in regards to nude beaches. Textiles are looking for any reason to close down a beach; why hand them the excuse so readily?

bqdude1
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2014 :  4:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that Little Beach is a designated C/O beach. I have not heard of any harassment there.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2014 :  10:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The problem is that Little Beach (it's not "officially" C/O) is on Maui...been there many times and it's great. Have to visit someone on Oahu this time.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2014 :  2:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little Beach is more of a "traditionally nude" beach than a "designated C/O" beach, and arrests for nudity are not unknown. Periodically some Upright Citizens' Brigade or another will demand that Something Be Done About Little Beach, and enforcement increases for a week or so, then dies down again. The larger issue seems to be the Sunday drum circles, when nudity is supplemented by drug use, littering, and the occasional drunken brawl.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/19/2014 :  11:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"drug use, littering, and the occasional drunken brawl." <--- Not as bad as mere nudity in the eyes of some. ;-)

Previous Topic: Secret Nude Beaches Topic Next Topic: Any nude beach in Los Angeles California?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved