Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 222 ]  [ Total: 222 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 How often do you shave entirely smooth?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Hand Held IPL Laser Hair removers
Page: of 31

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2005 :  5:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not use any lotions after using the epilator. I do shower with a loofa sponge to clear away the dead skin and avoid ingrown hairs. The first time you use the epilator it may hurt. In fact it will hurt. The more you use it the less pain you will feel. I feel no pain at all now. The results are well worth the initial discomfort.

viceversa

Posted - 02/17/2005 :  09:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smoothy

I do not use any lotions after using the epilator. I do shower with a loofa sponge to clear away the dead skin and avoid ingrown hairs. The first time you use the epilator it may hurt. In fact it will hurt. The more you use it the less pain you will feel. I feel no pain at all now. The results are well worth the initial discomfort.

Thanks! I am OK with the hurt - have done a fair amount of waxing/sugaring.

I still shave only in the gential area, but if my memory serves here (and it may well not :) ) I recall that you do the entire body with the epilator. That doesn't create problems 'down under'???

one of the really trick and sensitive spots for me is the bikini line itself - the line where the upper thigh joins the pelvic area. Boy, even mild waxing there left big red welts and I am still managing it...

sunfun1175

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  3:31:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and I have been a nudist for about 7yrs now. I became a smooth nudist last year. I have read everyone comments on shaving. I shaved about once a week to keep the bumps down usally after a hot shower and apply lotion on afterwards. I find all of the hair removal creams burn the hell out of me. I see several folks have recommend the Shaveman. It looks like my electric shaver. Plan to pickup one this weekend. I would like to shave every other day but the bumps come. Any suggestions??

ELH

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  08:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Problems at all. In fact the pubic area is where is see the best results. As far as the bikini line goes, again no problem. I just stretch the skin smooth and tight and lightly go over the area. Never had any bumps or irritation. The scrotum is the hardest thing to get right, but I have that down to where is is very easy.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  11:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Smoothy,

I'm an epilator user except on my scrotum. I've attempted the epilator there a number of times, but with bad results. Could you share your method with us.

Thanks, Chic

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  12:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working in the beauty industry years ago there are products on the market for men to control shaving bumps. Mostly targeted for black males and the facial area. I know one is "Bump Stopper", they even make items for shaving the head to reduce bumps, available at local beauty supply houses like Sally's or check with your salon professional. I'm sure several more companies are also out on the market now.

Here's to a smooth recovery!

Jo

Skinny women are not evil!

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  10:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Jo,

Thanks for the info.

Chic

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  1:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chic

I remebered several other companies today that make such products: Gigi International, any waxing company or epilating co. will even have cooling gels etc. to help with the issue.

Good luck!

Jo

Skinny women are not evil!

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  1:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chic,
Actually the scrotum is very easy as long as you take your time. Start off by keeping the area warm. As you know the scrotum loosens up when it is warm. Once it warm and loose, pick a section and try to get is as flat and tight as possible using your thumb and first two fingers. Tyhen take the epialtor and lightly go over the area. When that section is done pick another section and repeat. I find it is easier to do around the base of the penis when I do not have an erection. I can grab more skin and make a flat area. Make sure yo take any guides your epilator may have OFF. I got some skin caught between the roller and the guide once and that was scary. It was not really a problem, the epiltor stopped ans I was able to free myself easily. I hope this helps.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  07:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

smoothy,

Thanks for the response. I'll certainly give it a careful try.

Chic

Wiccan

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  2:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been shaving my genitals smooth about everyother day for the past three years. Keep my other pubes short (1/4") Love the look and feel as does my wife. My scrotum is the most difficult and using a rasor , is tend to nick myself about once every 3 weeks other than that is not only a habit , but part of the lifestyle. Love to hear from other smoothies. Some day will shave further!

melvyn storr

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  11:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see melvyn storr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi all
as i hair all over i just keep it trimed with clippers,its a lot
cleaner and cool,,mel

viceversa

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  12:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smoothy

Well, I got the Braun 3370 the other day and am pleased. It is not so much hurt as discomfort. I started out slow and just a little to see how I reacted - nothing adverse at all. A little itching, some unevenenss, but all is quiet.

A few more questions if you don't mind :)

1. they advise cleaning the epilator head with alcohol. I used a tissue soaked in it, but that's not gonna get at the tweezer parts. How do you do this? Can this be "dunked" in alchohol? It does seem to make sense to do this.

2. It suggests minimum length to have this work, but I gather that you use it often enough so that you are not waiting for a 2.5 mm regrowth - is that correct?

Thanks! I am glad I got the thing, even tho I am moving in slowly....

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  07:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put a little alcohol in the palm of my hand and roll the head through it. IOt seems to do the job. I do not wait for regrowth. I find that there is hair there every day

rickblaine
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  10:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually shave every three to four days......

Page: of 31 Topic Next Topic: Hand Held IPL Laser Hair removers  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 4.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved