Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 165 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Women - From the Feminine Point of View
 Nudism From a Woman's Viewpoint
 Clothing Lines?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gender Disproportion Issues? Topic Next Topic: Ladies only naturist club in Wiltshire England
Page: of 2

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  11:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Every time I take my clothes off I have clothing lines and it seems like some lines are there regardless of how long I've been nude. For example, I have bra strap lines that have been on my shoulders for YEARS and don't ever go away. Any ideas on how to get rid of them? The other lines go away, but the bra strap lines never leave. I'm looking into wearing a different type of bra (now THAT'S traumatic for me!!!) but any tips for in the meantime?

Melissa

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  11:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
talk to mom. she should have ideas on the lingerie.

as far as the other clothes are concerned the lines go away after a little while, you may have noticed that when you were nude at home a lot before your incident

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  1:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, I've not had bra lines for a few years now. I don't remember how long they lasted. When I did some figure modelling last winter, I made sure I wore sweatpants with drawstring rather than elastic so I wouldn't have lines.

You may just have dermatographic skin a bit more than I do. Even when I go to the dentist (I know, a hated topic), the necklace that holds the napkin in front leaves a mark for a little bit.

Hugs, mom

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  5:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is not the voice of experience speaking, but I would guess the best way to get rid of the bra strap lines is to stop wearing a bra. If an undergarment is necessary, wear a camisole or something similar.

If that's not possible, and a bra is a must... go for variety. Don't wear the same model of bra every day. Find ones which have straps which sit different places on the shoulders. Wear strapless bras sometimes, etc.

Another big possibility...wear a jogging bra / sports bra. They don't have straps, per se.

One important idea - if you've never had one, get a professional bra fitting. Something like 9 out of 10 women don't wear the right size bra. If you must wear one, wear one that fits.

Finally, be sure to soak in the hot tub a lot. Maybe you can soak the strap lines out of your skin. (It doesn't hurt to try.)

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  6:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheef, When Melissa moves south, we'll work on her getting lots of good hot tub soaks!

Sports bra is a super idea!

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  7:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great ideas, Cheef. I've been wearing the same style of bra every day since 1995 or so... maybe it IS time for a change. I went to an online measuring thing a while ago and I'm actually wearing the right size. Chances are that wearing the same style day and night (I ALWAYS had a bra on, awake or asleep) for many years would cause the strap marks to stay. I'll try something new, I guess.... even though going to the store for those particular items is traumatizing. I do own sports bras that I use during exercise but they make me feel like I have one big boob rather than 2 correct-sized ones.

Regarding hot tubs, I'll happily go to Cheef's nearby hot tub when he gets it or go to mom's when I move down south.

Melissa

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  10:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey guys,

It's the same with us (men).

I ware briefs, and when they are removed, guess what !, I have this very angry red line left from the elastic band meant to hold them up. These things won't fall off in an earth quake.

I've been tempted to join the "non underware" crowd, but for the need to remain clean, I passed.

The bottem line (excuse the pun), is to do what is best for you and remain confortable.

Chic

Streaker21
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  02:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Streaker21's Homepage  Send Streaker21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Chic, I wear boxers and I have never had that problem and there much more comfortable! I understand there are times when briefs are necessary such as when wearing a suit. Wearing boxers with a suit is bad news, lots of wedgees. You should give boxers a try they also let you feel much more free if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Derek

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  1:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wore jockeys for a long time because i did a lot of sports and hated jock straps. now wear boxers, love the freedom and comfort, no wedgies, and the sports i play dont require a lot of protection. (either that or protective reflexes are getting better).

cigardog57

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  7:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been part of the "non underwear" crown for many years. I cant stand to wear any kind of underwear, briefs, boxers, doesn't matter.

Bill

smoothIN
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  9:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Send smoothIN an ICQ Message  Send smoothIN a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Same here Bill, I haven't wore underclothes since I moved out of my parents house, to many years ago to count.

Tom

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  01:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bras that are too tight shut down circulation and are suspects in the higher incidence of breast cancer among women who wear bras. Supposedly, this is more a problem under the arms than over the shoulders. Whatever style, it needs to fit well under the arms, according to this line of research. Bra lines on the shoulders may not be the worst. Wider straps might help there.

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  06:04:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Note: Men may want to skip this note!!!!

Well, I went bra shopping last night. Now there's an experience I'd rather not endure again! It's been many years since I had to pick out a new bra style and I had no idea what I was doing. So I had my cell phone out and called half the female world to ask the most personal of questions: what kind of bra do you wear? Do you like it/ would you recommend it? Luckily, my friends all know that I'm nuts so they don't think twice about these kinds of questions anymore. Anyway, I got a new one and I'll try it today. The straps are such that they shouldn't leave marks forever. Well, I'm hopeful they won't, anyway. i didn't call any of my female nudist friends to ask about marks and my textile friends have no reason to care about marks, if you know what I mean. I'll let you know how it goes!

Melissa

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  5:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I only wear a bra when I have too, like to work or Church. Cheef had some good suggestions, and yes the fitting is the most important. You can get bra and panty lines from wearing them too tight. I have found that the hot tub does help with the clothing lines.

Kim =^.^=

natur31
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  12:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Click to see natur31's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think the answer is - Not to wear underwear, live nude or with just the flimiest cover.
If/when (say)I go, to dinner with friends, it is only garter belt and stockings. And then get rid of them as soon as possible when I get home.
And why does one need a bra?

Sarah

~*~

LisaS
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  9:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had a few bra lines before. But I would try a strapless bra. I have a few of them and they leave no stap lines at all on me.
-Lisa

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Gender Disproportion Issues? Topic Next Topic: Ladies only naturist club in Wiltshire England  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.41 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved