Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 251 ]  [ Total: 251 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 New religion - "Nudism"
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My latest book might be useful for your nude lifes Topic Next Topic: Spiritual   Poetry
Page: of 2

Rahul7009
Forum Member

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  02:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Rahul7009 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone I have been reading a lot about nudism and religion here. Many people have doubts if their religion prohibits them to go for nudism.
I suggest, can we start a new religion by the name 'Nudism'??

You decide while I make some draft rules (does and don'ts in this new sacred religion.
But characterstics first:
1. Nothing to hide - not even a single hair on body, no lies.
2. Freedom to join - No one to be pressed to join it. One can join it with his/her free will.
3. Clothes to be used to cover from cold and heat (bad weather)
4. No need to quit your present religion as its an ADDON religion.
5. This religion is above any caste, creed or culture. All have equal rights.
6. (more to be added)
Now, RULES (does and don'ts)

1. Try to be true to your self
2. Try not to speak lies
3. Try to be decent
4. Spread the religion by word of mouth.
5. No religion to be critisised.
6. It should not be associated with sex.
7. (more to be added)

~~[({<RAHUL>})]~~

Rahul7009
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2003 :  12:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Rahul7009 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No one replying??

~~[({<RAHUL>})]~~

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  2:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rahul7009

No one replying??

~~[({<RAHUL>})]~~

Sorry, Rahul, I don't agree that nudism is a religion or can qualify as a religion.

I don't think that having nudism as a religion would serve anyone's purpose. It could create more problems than it could resolve.

My first problem is that most people already have a religion and this would present some difficulties for them. If someone does not have a religion, it is probably because they don't want one.

My second problem is that it would cause a negative reaction in the religious community not unlike the one now about gay marriages, but worse. They would see it as a threat because they see their religion as legitimate and would think that having it lumped together with nudists would discredit them in some way.

If nudism was to attain religious status, other lifestyles (gays for example) might also attempt to form their own religion. Pretty soon, religion would become meaningless, if anything can qualify.

Finally, I don't think that nudism qualifies. It is not really a belief system, so much a lifestyle choice. There is no one kind of nudist. They come from all walks or life, all races, and different belief systems. Nudism coexists nicely with other lifestyles that people have chosen.

You will never get nudists to agree on much other than their love of freedom. Within this community there are so many fragmentstions that it would never stick together...

...In that way it does sound like some religions.

If clothes make a man then what is a nudist?

Linux: 100% Microsoft Free Computing

Young_nakedman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  5:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've all missed it...It has gone over your head like a tidal wave. Nudism is already a religion. Everyone that is a nudist has to agree with every rule that the rest of the nudists believes in. If they don't believe in the principals of nudism they get thrown out, and have a warrant that says they are banned forever. You can't refer to yourself as being naked, or nekkid,(these are the cursewords) You have to be pure at heart while you are at a nudist resort. Follow the rules or you don't make it to nudist heaven..lol.It seems that Everyone is programmed or brain washed to believe what every other nudist believes as far as nudism is concerned, and if they don't they are hung, or burned at the stake. Every nudist on this forum seems to agree with every other nudist who is a "true nudist" or someone who is an officer for AANR. They dare not speak up against these people for fear of being bannished from nudist land.(these are the priests and priestess) So in my opinion it seesm that nudism is like a religion.

Clintonius

It may sound like a horse,but it may be a zebra, so don't judge.

Edited by - Young_nakedman on 07/10/2004 11:47:05 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2004 :  03:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Young nakedman,

You seem to be upset about something that happened to you at a nude resort.

Carrying around that big chip isn't going to change things just because you disagree.

Why not try and live within the rules for awhile and experience nudism the way many of us on this board do and then see if your attitude is still the same after several months.

Young_nakedman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2004 :  11:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it happened to you, you'd feel the same way. However I'm not gonna let it ruin my nude lifestyle. Oh and I did follow the rules, and was very respectful towards others, something else happened.

Edited by - Young_nakedman on 07/10/2004 11:49:44 PM

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2004 :  06:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ynm,

if you read through the threads, there has been animated discussion against aanr policies.

to the point where policy was changed.

so we do not blindly kowtow to aanr. and i suspect many of our readers here are not even members of an organization.

Young_nakedman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2004 :  1:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which threads are you referring to calm?

Edited by - Young_nakedman on 07/11/2004 1:25:36 PM

Partialartist

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  9:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't consider myself a nudist. I have a fully formed belief system, philosophy and ideals, concerning morality and the advancement of society. Nudism is a small, but important part of this, and I feel it is important to express it publically. I feel that the law infringes upon my right to advocate, on behalf of my belief. An arrest and conviction in my state (massachusetts) could effectively ruin my life. I believe it's tantamount to religious persecution. I should be extended the same rights as the people who walk around, holding a graphic "Be saved, or suffer in Hell." sign and passing out pamphlets. I'm planning on writing to legislative representatives, and possibly writing a book, to explain my beliefs and reasoning, in detail.

stewincanada
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  12:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit stewincanada's Homepage  Send stewincanada a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it is just me, but I suspect this long dormant post was originally a little tongue in cheek. I thought the comment of an "addon" religion was actually quite funny..

Stewart
Cheap Airfares for nudists ( and others )

Partialartist

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  08:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to start a topic, but this one was already here. Yeah, it seemed that way.

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  7:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Youngnakedman does seem to have a burr under his saddle about the rules..and obviously he did get "thrown out" which means he couldn't conform to the reasonable rules of social behavior necessary to maintain a non-threatening environment for family oriented nudist facilities. He admits that he was thrown out but remains vague on which rule he ran afowl of.
I'm a single male and have been fortunate to be allowed to attend a landed nuidist facility quite often, without incident, and I don't feel it's a big strain to follow the simple rules that are common sense.
Everyone has been very friendly...it doesn't happen on day one..you have to earn the comfort of others by your actions. I didn't "park" myself in the middle of the "regulars" there who have known each other for years. I minded my own business, was polite to everyone I met, and got to know people by participating in the pool volleyball games. Now when I go, they ask me to play and I know quite a few people.
It's a lot MORE friendly and accepting, and actually has fewer rules than just about any country club I've ever been associated with. Let's face it..society NEEDS rules...that's why we have signs, contracts, cops, and courts.
Not everyone seems to have the common sense to respect other people's property, privacy, and well-being.
s

JustJim

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  12:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you, Stewart, this was initially meant to be with tongue in cheek.
Nudity is really just a manner of living the life one has on this earth. Its tolerance of others and its appreciation of the freedom from restraints (whether imposed by oneself or by society) may have religious undertones, but could not seriously be considered spiritual in nature. Naturism does not address the answers provided by sincere belief in a loving, caring God, nor does it provide for eternity.
But it is a clever idea now two years and six months old.

dr_rock

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  11:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit dr_rock's Homepage  Click to see dr_rock's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
naturism is practically a religion already, we have a common belief that nudity is the natural way to be and we are worshipping every time we take our clothes off. but the real reason we should insist on naturism being classified legally as a religion is to benifit from all the perks religions get by law, respect being the first. the media can't have a serious debate about naturism without it turning into a mockery, but if naturism is a religion then they won't be able to joke and make fun of us. also we'd have the right to worship, so no more lawsuits because our bodies have offended an old con. infact if they disprove of us we can plead religious hatred! All the govs. around the world will be forced to accept naturists and give them rights as naturists. Imagine if all the naturists in the world got together to say naturism is our religion, its not just an hobby, its what we believe, naturism would be one of the largest religions in the world

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  1:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dr_rock

naturism is practically a religion already, we have a common belief that nudity is the natural way to be and we are worshipping every time we take our clothes off. (snip)Imagine if all the naturists in the world got together to say naturism is our religion, its not just an hobby, its what we believe, naturism would be one of the largest religions in the world

Nudism is NOT a hobby to me. It's my lifestyle; I'm nude when possible, clothed when practical. I am also Jewish; that is my religion. I just happen to be a Jewish nudist as I live my life.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 06/26/2006 1:38:37 PM

very curious
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  2:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting topic. Personally, I spent years as a born again Christian. I loved the idea of unconditional love and acceptance. Unfortunately, born again Christianity has way too many flaws and I eventually rejected it. The word religion comes from the latin word "religare" which means "way of life". So I think perhaps nudism is a religion and I love the idea that a person can experience total acceptance while engaging in nudism.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: My latest book might be useful for your nude lifes Topic Next Topic: Spiritual   Poetry  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved