Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 167 ]  [ Total: 167 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - Jan 2014
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How do handle colder weather as a nudist? Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - Jan 2015  

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 12/25/2013 :  11:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No Topic Needed In This Thread - Topic-Free Zone

There was a good suggestion for an "off topic" topic, where the Admin won't gripe at you for ignoring the subject!

And so, drum roll please, the moment we have been waiting for has finally arrived! In this thread, and this thread only, it matters not what the subject is, nor if there was a subject in the first place. So, what's new with you?

Add your comments here by logging on and clicking Reply to Topic.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  6:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays to everyone here.
After 25 years of avoiding doctors, I just spent a week in the hospital. I had spent the last several months (years) watching my Dad grow more frail. He fell out of bed on Oct 31 and died three weeks later. No injury, just old age. While he was in the hospital, rehab, back to the hospital I noticed swelling in my ankes, then my legs. Finally on Dec 10 I woke up with a severely swollen scotum. I had signed up for Obamacare but, waiting for Jan 1 no longer sounded like a good idea. Drove my self to an urgent care place near my home. They looked at me, took some blood and a chest xray and called 911. Over the next 7 days I can not even guess how much tape and stickers were placed and removed from my body. I very much doubt anyone noticed my lack of body hair. I didn't even think about it until I was home. I remember my Dad was always wincing over the tape being pulled off. I'm now home, 60 lbs lighter thanks to Lasix (the stuff they give to racehorses). I have to make changes to my lifestyle but, being smooth won't be one of them. Well, the blood thinners mean I have to be careful with the epilater. Certain places tend to bleed.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  6:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you are feeling better Bob and Merry Christmas to you too.

JimmieMac51
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  11:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Send JimmieMac51 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you're getting better. Good luck with the healing process and enjoy the holidays.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannuka to all.

Jimmie

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  12:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds bad, Bob. Was it some infection you picked up in the hospital while taking your father?

Naked is green.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  1:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blood thinners ... Lasix ... 60 pound water weight loss. Sounds like some serious heart issues. Fortunately the lifestyle changes you're facing aren't all that onerous, and can make a huge difference in your well-being. Take care of yourself!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  3:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah Doc, Congestive heart failure, Afib, also "Upper GI bleeding secondary to severe esophagitis". Not sure what the last thing is except I spent one night vomitting blood. I had just about stopped drinking when my Dad died. Should have done that sooner.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'll get myself set up with docs the first of the year. Leaving for Christmas in NC with my daughter and granddaughter in the morning

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  3:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnarlyoldman

That sounds bad, Bob. Was it some infection you picked up in the hospital while taking your father?

Naked is green.

The only thing I got from Dad was the Afib. Dad and his father before him had stokes. With luck and meds I won't join them.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/01/2015 :  08:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Do precisely what the doctors say, Bob. Your body will like you for that! We all need to do the best we can with our health - diet, lifestyle, meds, etc. That goes for me, too. I need more exercise - been studying a lot this year and have fallen behind in long walks. Gained a several pounds, and that's not good for heart attack survivors. I bought myself some new running shoes which I will start using immediately (for walking). Light weight lifting will also be part of my regimen.

For Naturist Doc - my TC is 121, HDL is 46, LDL is 54, and Triglycerides are 105. I need to get my TGs down quite a bit. Fish oil and exercise, I guess will help with that.

The focus is on Bob, though, and I'd sure like to see him in the best of health. Keep at it, Bob!

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Previous Topic: How do handle colder weather as a nudist? Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - Jan 2015  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.14 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved