Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 180 ]  [ Total: 180 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Cyndiann, founder of nudist singles group, banned
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude pageant Topic
Page: of 3

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  10:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Cyndiann, founder of a nudist singles group and her own nudist website, banned from participation in the Nudist-Resorts.Org message boards

It's not often that this subject comes up. From time to time, one or another of our members causes enough trouble and concern that management has to step in to handle the situation.

In this case, it's a matter of personal smears and unpleasant argument, self-promotion, linking to content with an undue emphasis on sex, and deceiving the membership by making unsubstantiated statements regarding credentials.

The purpose of this post is to allow fair discussion of this problem without compromising the integrity of the rest of the message boards.

Cyndiann, please refrain from posting in other than this thread until this issue is resolved.

From "Latest Bulletin: Sex Sells!"

quote:
...Look right in the mirror when you want to know who to blame.
[Personal smears and unpleasant argument]

quote:
... this messageboard is so slow to load I don't read but a couple posts and move on. (I only have a dial up connection right now)
[deleted link]
[deleted link]
[Self-promotion]
Included links to both websites, now banned
For those interested, our website is usually faster than 79% of the Internet, according to Alexa. I've seen some slower periods.

quote:
... You have basicly gave the reasons why I started My Nude Life, to face nudism and sexuality truthfully and honestly and to have a place where people may think outside the box.
[deleted link]
[deleted link]
[Self-promotion]

quote:
... if you knew anything about me at all you'd know that I am one of those people who face the government, try to prevent bad laws from being passed and try to educate the general public. In the past I've been to many public hearings and have worked with NAC, AANR, South Florida Free Beaches, the B.E.A.C.H.E.S. Foundation, FANR and lots more. If not for people like me we'd not have places to legally go nude.
[deleted link]
[deleted link]
[Self-promotion]
[Deceiving the membership by making unsubstantiated statements regarding credentials]
Cyndiann's belligerent, demanding and fault-finding tone during her speech representing single nudists didn't make many friends at the FANR Convention, in fact, it was an unpleasant thing to have to experience. I was there and heard it. I couldn't call that "working with" FANR, just making an unpleasant noise. However, if anyone has ever written anything favorably about her contributions, please reprint it here.

quote:
... Well, think about how people get those views about nudism. Who should be telling them they have it all wrong? We should! It is our own fault that people consider us swingers and whatever else, not theirs.

... Does anyone realize that the general public has a negative view of nudism because we ourselves aren't speaking out and telling them what we are really about?

... What you do see is sexy ads that may or may not include nudity or partial nudity. That people confuse that with nudism is only the fault of us nudists who haven't educated the public about what we are about.

... I've found the real problem to be that nudism isn't in the spotlight nearly enough and because of that many people don't understand it.
[Deceiving the membership by making unsubstantiated statements regarding credentials]
We are questioning now if you understand it well enough to speak for nudists.

From "Nudism from the female point of view"

quote:
... The problem is people like you who expect men to bring single women.

quote:
... As for the Singles Network I don't see them doing all that much for singles. Big deal, they hand out red bracelets... so does my singles group. The singles chair (Marji) lives right where I do and in several years of being FANR singles chair she didn't have any singles events at all, even though we have an abundance of clubs around here.

quote:
In a matter of weeks me and Marion Hagans has two clubs participating and we now average one singles event a week here. Sol Searchers rocks!
[deleted link]
[deleted link]
[Self-promotion]

quote:
... Maybe you have a problem with social anxiety. They have medication for that. Sure seems easier to fix your own phobia than to require all of one gender to change for you.

quote:
... You most likely are still working on because of things relative to your own issues. I say work on them but don't ask half the population to not attend nudist clubs because you are not happy with the ratios. Look inside yourself and deal with why you are not comfortable.

quote:
[Originally posted by calmnude]
[i think you are being a little harsh and judgemental cyndiann. this is a new person here, and instead of being understanding, you are berating them simply because of a difference of opinion. and i think the personal attacks on both sides are uncalled for.]
quote:
I think personal attacks are uncalled for too and that's why I don't post them. I don't see any berating either. Please, call me on what I really do, not what you imagine I did.
[Your request is granted]

Policy at Nudist-Resorts.Org is to prohibit linking to content with an undue emphasis on sex. Both of Cyndiann's websites, after a considerable period of observation, have been determined to be outside of our allowable content. Links to [deleted] and SolSearchers will not be allowed until another evaluation is requested.

No personal attacks or unhelpful comments will be allowed in this discussion, and that applies throughout the discussion forums. People can change habits they weren't aware of, and we are willing to see the truth in any situation. Cyndiann has been a vocal player in the nudist community, and we will be disappointed to see her banned from this one.

Add your comments here by clicking Reply to Topic. Should this member be banned, or should some other solution be considered?

------------------------

quote:
That website is one of the worst sites for nudists I could think of. They spam everyplace (like they just did here), they don't monitor their ads, there are lots of open solicitations for sex and no quality control at all.

Here is a much better singles forum
[link deleted]

[link deleted]
[link deleted]
Cyndiann,

Out of more than 2500 members passing through here, you are among the few who have managed to make me irritated to have to manage your comments.

One clear rule we have is we allow no member bashing of any kind here. That includes spammers, gays, lesbians, swingers, or the moderators. I don't want visitors to my forum seeing more confrontation than camaraderie, or seeing someone waiting in the bushes to leap out and attack viciously and ferociously ideas they don't like. Differing opinions must respect differences if we are to have a forum worth visiting. Not everyone has the best communication skills, or the best intentions for that matter, as in this spammer. Still, here we will deal with them in a classy manner, not as you did above.

Speaking of intentions, I have noticed an increase of your link dropping at my site. I can let slide the times you have embarrassed me by roasting me for using the term "sex perverts". After all, you have your opinion and I respect that. But at the same time you again plugged your better forum, complete with links. I hope you don't mind if I enjoy the same privilege at [deleted]. Will you allow me to criticise your comments and drop links to my site?

I appreciate your addressing the spammer, just not the way you did it. I think you're a person who appreciates directness, so I'm letting you know I won't allow this. Enough with the sour fault-finding and self promotion. You can provide more pleasant and supportive commentary, or meet the delete button. You are only putting distance between yourself and those you should be working with to support your efforts.

That said, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Kevin

------------------------

Cyndiann,

Since you have not chosen to reply to the member's complaints, we are sorry to inform you that your account has been locked.

The abusive tone and disruptive argument you have contributed are not allowed in this forum.

We are sorry that you did not take the opportunity to reply on the forum to clear up any misunderstandings when requested.

Your posts will be edited or deleted at the editor's discretion.

Since you claim your "private emails" are illegal to publish, any further threats toward this organization or its members will be ignored.

Best regards,
Kevin
Admin@Nudist-Resorts.Org

cyndi
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  11:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cyndi's Homepage
Is Cyndiann, founder of a nudist singles group and her own nudist website, banned from participation in the Nudist-Resorts.Org message boards?

It's not often that this subject comes up. From time to time, one or another of our members causes enough trouble and concern that management has to step in to handle the situation.

In this case, it's a matter of personal smears and unpleasant argument, self-promotion, linking to content with an undue emphasis on sex, and deceiving the membership by making unsubstantiated statements regarding credentials.

The purpose of this post is to allow fair discussion of this problem without compromising the integrity of the rest of the message boards.

Cyndiann, please refrain from posting in other than this thread until this issue is resolved.

From "Latest Bulletin: Sex Sells!"

quote:

...Look right in the mirror when you want to know who to blame.

Personal smear against who? And what is an unpleasant argument? What I said was that all nudists are to blame for people not knowing what nudism is. Is that unpleasant? It surely isn’t personal. Should we only be posting pleasant things on here? There was no person named in that post so how can it be a personal smear?
quote:

... this messageboard is so slow to load I don't read but a couple posts and move on. (I only have a dial up connection right now)
[deleted link]
[deleted link]

[Self-promotion]
For those interested, our website is usually faster than 79% of the Internet, according to Alexa. I've seen some slower periods.
Self promotion…you mean like Cheri does and others are doing? It is only ok if everybody else does it? As for your explanation that it isn’t allowed with every post and has to be relevant to each post it doesn’t fly because the ones I see are set up in their signatures and are in every single post they make.

As for the speed of your website, it is the slowest loading messageboard that I visit. How is mentioning that in any way negative?

And why are my websites banned? I asked you this in email and you refused to tell me why.

quote:

... You have basicly gave the reasons why I started My Nude Life, to face nudism and sexuality truthfully and honestly and to have a place where people may think outside the box.
[deleted link]
[deleted link]

[Self-promotion]
Why are they banned? Why am I being singled out for linking when I see many people doing it?

quote:

... if you knew anything about me at all you'd know that I am one of those people who face the government, try to prevent bad laws from being passed and try to educate the general public. In the past I've been to many public hearings and have worked with NAC, AANR, South Florida Free Beaches, the B.E.A.C.H.E.S. Foundation, FANR and lots more. If not for people like me we'd not have places to legally go nude.
[deleted link]
[deleted link]

[Self-promotion]
If you had any idea of what was going on in your own state politically you would know automatically that what I posted was the truth. Because of your own ignorance you accuse me of “unsubstantiated claims”. All you needed to do was call any of those organizations and mention my name. I gave you names and phone numbers and email addresses via email. Let’s go over some of the names I gave you.

· Erich Shuttauff- Director of AANR. I’ve been alongside Erich at many hearings since my first one in Manatee County and have received a one year membership for free for the political work I have done. I’m not too happy with Erich right now because he ducked the Foley hearings and lied about why he didn’t attend. That aside, he’s still one that knows my credentials.
· Bob Morton-National Director of the Naturist Action Committee. I worked with Bob since my first hearing in Manatee County and he is the one that asked me to become an NAC area representative. I accepted and was appointed, although a year late because of Bob’s inability to follow through on sending me the forms I needed to join. I served one year and then quit in protest when the new board member for Florida bungled his job. Since then there is now a new board member, Morley Schloss, whom I admire for the great job he’s done. Morley had since asked me twice to once again be a NACAR. I still work with them regarding local legislation.
· Richard and Shirley Mason- Both were responsible for the existence of Haulover Beach and have started several organizations including South Florida Free Beaches whom I have done research for through court records. This also includes the B.E.A.C.H.E.S. Foundation, which is an affiliation of nude/clothing optional beaches in the US. I met them first at a hearing in Pinellas County regarding a change in park regulations that resulted in the police no longer needing a complainant to arrest for mere nudity. Since then I’ve had the pleasure of staying with them while in Miami and still help them with research and articles including a major article written by the Weekly Planet about the nudist youth camps that was included in the packets given to Foley as evidence of the nature of nudism and these camps.
· Glyn Grishom-A former president of FANR with whom I’ve had the pleasure of working alongside at some county hearings. I’ve met his wife a few times as well, at the Midwinter Festival at Sunsport Gardens and at Lake Como while she was running the youth camps.
· Morley Schloss-On the NAC board for Florida and one of the owners of Sunsport Gardens. He has asked me twice to consider rejoining NAC in an official capacity and I’ve agreed to work with him unofficially (and I do).

You are the one guilty of hiding who you are and hiding any experience with nudism you might have. You will not admit to any experience, can’t give me references about your background and will not even post your name on here. I’ve asked you in the past to substantiate yourself and you have not. Speak up now and tell us who you are and what your nudist experience is before you point fingers again.

Cyndiann's belligerent, demanding and fault-finding tone during her speech representing single nudists didn't make many friends at the FANR Convention, in fact, it was an unpleasant thing to have to experience. I was there and heard it. I couldn't call that "working with" FANR, just making an unpleasant noise. However, if anyone has ever written anything favorably about her contributions, please reprint it here.

You must be referring to the hearings on AANR Tomorrow. Actually in that case I was supportive of FANR and didn’t want to see it dissolve because of this plan to reorganize AANR. I brought up several good points as did many from FANR including the fact that on AANR’s website there was a list of positive points for putting AANR Tomorrow into place but every single one was positive for the clubs and none were advantages for it’s members. I was not belligerent, but spoke pointedly because of a lack of time and had a two-hour talk with President Pat Brown after the hearing was over.

Did you speak? Why did you not introduce yourself to me? Hiding again?

quote:

... Well, think about how people get those views about nudism. Who should be telling them they have it all wrong? We should! It is our own fault that people consider us swingers and whatever else, not theirs.

... Does anyone realize that the general public has a negative view of nudism because we ourselves aren't speaking out and telling them what we are really about?

... What you do see is sexy ads that may or may not include nudity or partial nudity. That people confuse that with nudism is only the fault of us nudists who haven't educated the public about what we are about.

... I've found the real problem to be that nudism isn't in the spotlight nearly enough and because of that many people don't understand it.

We are questioning now if you understand it well enough to speak for nudists.
Uh, there are no statements about credentials in that quote.

From "Nudism from the female point of view"

quote:

... The problem is people like you who expect men to bring single women.

First of all is a “personal smear” the same as a flame? I asked you that in email and you avoided the question. I asked you what an “unpleasant argument” is as well and you haven’t told me that either. I’m still expected to face this even if I haven’t a clue what you are after and think I did wrong. Why did you refuse to clarify the terms in email?

The above quote does not qualify as a flame. It is addressing her statement that single men need to learn how to bring women to our clubs and that this would be the solution to the lack of women in nudism. Since I have no way of knowing where this little quote was pulled from I can’t add the rest of the post which would have shown that I was countering her statement that the fault lies with men who should be required to bring women along, even if they aren’t interested in dating or may be gay. How ridiculous! What is a messageboard for if not to discuss views that don’t agree with each other.

quote:

... As for the Singles Network I don't see them doing all that much for singles. Big deal, they hand out red bracelets... so does my singles group. The singles chair (Marji) lives right where I do and in several years of being FANR singles chair she didn't have any singles events at all, even though we have an abundance of clubs around here.

Again, I’m not familiar with either term so I don’t know what you think I did. It is not a flame because it is not a personal attack. This quote has to do with Marj’s own admission that she has not had any singles events while singles chair for FANR. It came out of her mouth. Please, stop pointing fingers when you can’t even define the terms you are using to condemn me.

quote:

In a matter of weeks me and Marion Hagans has two clubs participating and we now average one singles event a week here. Sol Searchers rocks!
[deleted link]
[deleted link]

[Self-promotion]
Why were they banned? If it were about sexual content then you would have removed the link to nudistfriendfinder and you didn’t.

quote:

... Maybe you have a problem with social anxiety. They have medication for that. Sure seems easier to fix your own phobia than to require all of one gender to change for you.

quote:

... You most likely are still working on because of things relative to your own issues. I say work on them but don't ask half the population to not attend nudist clubs because you are not happy with the ratios. Look inside yourself and deal with why you are not comfortable.

quote:

[Originally posted by calmnude]
[i think you are being a little harsh and judgemental cyndiann. this is a new person here, and instead of being understanding, you are berating them simply because of a difference of opinion. and i think the personal attacks on both sides are uncalled for.]

quote:

I think personal attacks are uncalled for too and that's why I don't post them. I don't see any berating either. Please, call me on what I really do, not what you imagine I did.

[Your request is granted]
Nobody attacked anyone on a personal level in that thread. I compared this in email with you with other similar situations. I guess I will have to repeat it here.

Should we do away with all gambling because a few have a problem with it? Should we do away with alcohol because some are alcoholics? Of course not! And yet, nudist venues keep out single men because a few have a problem with gender ratios. That was my argument and it is a valid one.

Policy at Nudist-Resorts.Org is to prohibit linking to content with an undue emphasis on sex. Both of Cyndiann's websites, after a considerable period of observation, have been determined to be outside of our allowable content. Links to [site under review] and SolSearchers will not be allowed until another evaluation is requested.

I asked you in email what you saw on my sites that made you state this and you can’t substantiate that to me either. I showed where you had “sexual content” on your own website and you ignored it. How can I evaluate what you are referring to when you won’t give me specifics? I’ve found posts on this site that I’d never allow on mine but I haven’t banned you from My Nude Life for it. I feel what you do here isn’t for me to judge and yet you want to judge mine without giving reasons for it.

No personal attacks or unhelpful comments will be allowed in this discussion, and that applies throughout the discussion forums. People can change habits they weren't aware of, and we are willing to see the truth in any situation. Cyndiann has been a vocal player in the nudist community, and we'd be disappointed to see her banned from this one.

If you had actually checked out these quotes you posted you’d see the truth. Research, that is all I asked for, and I didn’t get it.

Add your comments here by clicking Reply to Topic. Should this member be banned, or should some other solution be considered?

Why did you post this publicly to begin with? Why did you sneak around removing links instead of emailing me and voicing your concerns? Why put the other posters on the spot by asking for opinions after letting them all know you were under the misguided assumption that I had done things that I hadn’t done? Do you really think anyone would post in solid support and risk your wrath when your prejudice is showing?

quote:

That website is one of the worst sites for nudists I could think of. They spam everyplace (like they just did here), they don't monitor their ads, there are lots of open solicitations for sex and no quality control at all.

Here is a much better singles forum
[link deleted]

[link deleted]
[link deleted]

Cyndiann,

Out of more than 2500 members passing through here, you are among the few that have managed to make me irritated to have to manage your comments.

One clear rule we have is we allow no member bashing of any kind here. That includes spammers, gays, lesbians, swingers, or the moderators. I don't want visitors to my forum seeing more confrontation than camaraderie, or seeing someone waiting in the bushes to leap out and attack viciously and ferociously ideas they don't like. Differing opinions must respect differences if we are to have a forum worth visiting. Not everyone has the best communication skills, or the best intentions for that matter, as in this spammer. Still, here we will deal with them in a classy manner, not as you did above.

So what you are saying is that differing opinions should be respected as long as you agree with them. Never mind that I didn’t bash anyone. Please, if you are going to moderate a website you need to find out the definitions of flaming and bashing. If you had a small clue about the history of Nudist Friendfinder you’d know that not only did they spam all nudist addresses they could find for months on end but that Netnude had to rebuild their entire messageboard after they harvested all the email addresses from there. If all you did was click on their link and looked around you’d know about the dick pics and the sexual invitations and all that. Funny how you left that link while removing mine.

Speaking of intentions, I have noticed an increase of your link dropping at my site. I can let slide the times you have embarrassed me by roasting me for using the term "sex perverts". After all, you have your opinion and I respect that. But at the same time you again plugged your better forum, complete with links. I hope you don't mind if I enjoy the same privelege at [site under review]. Will you allow me to criticise your comments and drop links to my site?

Of course I would. Look around my site and see all the links posted there. What I don’t understand is why you have a problem with putting my links in the signature when many others do the same on your site and yet you haven’t had a problem with that. Why is it only wrong when I do it? Why didn’t you address this through email when I asked?

Sol Searchers is a valid travel club affiliated with the Naturist Society and welcomed at AANR clubs around the state of Florida. Your unfounded accusations and remarks about it have been nothing but vague and you have refused to specifically tell me what you consider to be the problem. Why is that? Why are you trying to hurt Sol Searchers?

As for the term “sex perverts” if you’d read that thread again (you didn’t provide links to it so I have no way of knowing what was posted so long ago but I’m taking a stab at it) you would find that I accepted your definition and was rejecting another poster’s definition. How was that embarrassing? If it was then why use the term to begin with?

I appreciate your addressing the spammer, just not the way you did it. I think you're a person that appreciates directness, so I'm letting you know I won't allow this. Enough with the sour fault-finding and self promotion. You can provide more pleasant and supportive commentary, or meet the delete button. You are only putting distance between yourself and those you should be working with to support your efforts.

That said, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Kevin

If you really wanted this to be fair you would not have posted it on the board without telling me there was a problem. You would have checked the quotes to be sure they were really flames and obviously you didn’t. You would have defined the terms you used so that I could have known what your objections were. You would not have put the other posters on the spot like you did, asking them for opinions after flaming me and making unsubstantiated claims. None of your (ahem) “charges” have been shown to have any teeth to them at all. Shame on you for trashing me!

cyndiann

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  9:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Cyndiann, thank you for responding in this thread as I requested you to do. This is the proper place to clear these issues, in the view of the membership that it affects.

Now that you are engaging in dialogue instead of repeatedly sending me personal email, I'd like to restore the member's helpful comments that you demanded I remove. Would that be ok with you?

It seems above you are accusing me of making up quotes about you. I collected these examples myself in order to clarify to myself that action was necessary. That is why in my original post I had included links for those interested to verify my claims. Since you have removed them from your reprint of my original post, I shall provide them again for reference. These two threads alone yielded several examples for illustration, but many others would suffice. Here they are again:

"Latest Bulletin: Sex Sells!"
and

"Nudism from the female point of view"

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  9:20:25 PM  Show Profile
Cyndiann, Erich at AANR does not remember giving you a year membership. However, he did say that you might have gotten one by some instrument, but that's not what the AANR office usually does no matter if you plead poverty or not. It was about 4 yrs. ago; his memory was hazy. That's what you may have thought you heard. He may have given you a suscription to the Bulletin, he said. Additionally, he said you did well in one of the public meetings, but in others you were abrassive and that he cringed.

Yes, Bob Morton does know who you are. That's all I'm printing about that. I've been acquainted with him & his family for about 20 years.

You do have some good & positive things to say. As previously said, if you can read what you write before you post it as if you were the recipient, you may come across a lot softer and more people would probably get along with you.

Cheri
Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 11/10/2003 9:24:09 PM

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  10:34:01 PM  Show Profile
the efforts of those who work to protect areas of nude recreation by lobbying, advocating and monitoring lawmakers who do not or will not understand us are admirable.

we applaud them.

however, we need new members, and it is our duty to make them feel comfortable and to answer their questons and encourage them as they take their first steps.

women should also be encouraged, because they are the backbone of the movement, the moms and daughters and grandmothers, many of whom have gone through what our newcomers are going through now.

consensus is the key. acceptance of differences of opinion, and that there is always room for the new.

we are brothers and sisters in the cause, all of us, and we should respect each other even if we disagree on matters of policy or politics.

and those who do not show proper respect, or do not admit that they are subject to mistakes as we all are should be dealt with and told in no uncertain tems that instead of being an asset, they are being asses.

Dan1208
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  10:36:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Dan1208 an AOL message  Click to see Dan1208's MSN Messenger address  Send Dan1208 a Yahoo! Message
I, along with numerous others, have noticed the abrasive manner with which Cyndiann has posted her responses and have wondered why she would be allowed to get away with it (as recently as this morning). I am not surprised this has come up.

I do believe she has some legitimate viewpoints which differ with some others ... and I think that if she is willing to tone down her abrasive manner of addressing those with whom she disagrees, and make a real effort to disagree courteously, that she should be allowed to continue in this forum. However, it must be clear to her that there must be real changes in her attitudes and mannerisms if she wishes to remain.

Naturally, Dan :)

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  10:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage
I agree that things have been a little harsh and there seems to be a lot of discord right now. One other example of personal smears and unpleasant argument is:

"You would be very much the wrong person to do that because you look at these issues with prejudice."

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  10:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message
There is a proper way to argue a point, without intimidating someone. I do not always agree with what someone says, but that is what makes for an interesting discussion, everyones viewpoint. I applaud the efforts of the administrator to see that the rules are followed.

Kim =^.^=

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  10:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message
I'm going out a limb here (again)... I'm not so sure that censorship is the best method of promoting naturism and I'd hate to think that the administrator was unduly censoring geninue contributors to this group.

At times people will disagree with contributors (and potentially the administrator) to this group and i think thats a healthy way to discuss issues that arise in the naturist lifestyle.

Saying that, I assume that all contributors present their arguments in a logical and mature manner. I have personally questioned Cyndiann's responses in the past but have never felt intimidated by her manner. To be honest I don't have an issue with Cyndiann but respect the administrators decision to act.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  10:44:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm not intimidated by her, but her abrasiveness is irritating. If she doesn't agree with your point of view, she becomes demeaning.

I've been acquainted with her for a number of years. She used to be nice, when one of our fellow Cybernude.com chatters died, she asked me to write her real full name and address in the visitation book. I did. I'm not sure what happened, but shortly after that, I was on her "hit list".

It's her manner to be abrasive. One only needs to read the rec.nude Usenet newsgroup. If she is willing to read what she writes as if she were the recipient and not write as if there's a chip on her shoulder, I would have no problem with her remaining. However, if she remains abrasive, that is a detriment to this board and a disservice to newbies and wannabees.

-
-

cyndi
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  11:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndi's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Cyndiann, thank you for responding in this thread as I requested you to do. This is the proper place to clear these issues, in the view of the membership that it affects.

I disagree. This started because you were sneaking behind me removing links instead of emailing me to say you had a problem. I still don't know why you had a problem. I think that was very immature.
quote:

Now that you are engaging in dialogue instead of repeatedly sending me personal email, I'd like to restore the member's helpful comments that you demanded I remove. Would that be ok with you?

No it is not ok with me. Your post was basicly not written well enough for me to understand it and I asked you for clarification. You chose to ignore my request. That was very childish.
quote:

It seems above you are accusing me of making up quotes about you. I collected these examples myself in order to clarify to myself that action was necessary.

I never said you made up quotes. Please read for content. What I said was that the quotes were not flames.
quote:

That is why in my original post I had included links for those interested to verify my claims. Since you have removed them from your reprint of my original post, I shall provide them again for reference.

I did not remove any links. They may have been lost when transferred.
quote:

These two threads alone yielded several examples for illustration, but many others would suffice. Here they are again:

Examples of what? Again, you are not explaining terms or why you feel they are flames. (If that is indeed what you thought. I have no idea because you won't address my questions.)
quote:

"Latest Bulletin: Sex Sells!"
and

"Nudism from the female point of view"

cyndi
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  11:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndi's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Cyndiann, Erich at AANR does not remember giving you a year membership. However, he did say that you might have gotten one by some instrument, but that's not what the AANR office usually does no matter if you plead poverty or not. It was about 4 yrs. ago; his memory was hazy. That's what you may have thought you heard. He may have given you a suscription to the Bulletin, he said. Additionally, he said you did well in one of the public meetings, but in others you were abrassive and that he cringed.

Plead poverty? I didn't ask for it, just got it in the mail with a thank you note from AANR. Cheri, try all you want to demean me, you've been doing it for years. I think you have a mountain full of nerve for even getting into this conversation. Why did you call AANR anyway? How would I know you really called? What did they really say? Can you substantiate what you posted here about me? This is one of the reasons why I didn't want to post here but Kevin posted so much bull, such hateful things I could not let it all go.
quote:

Yes, Bob Morton does know who you are. That's all I'm printing about that. I've been acquainted with him & his family for about 20 years.

You do have some good & positive things to say. As previously said, if you can read what you write before you post it as if you were the recipient, you may come across a lot softer and more people would probably get along with you.

Cheri
-
-

Notice Kevin, she's posting her links every time she posts. Hmmmm! This whole board is so strange!

Cheri I don't care if you don't like my style or not. At least I know I'm one hell of a lot more honest than you are. One of these days all the crap is going to catch up with you.

As for Erich cringing, he's got a whole lot of nudists cringing about his actions politically. He's not got many allies out there, especially after bailing out of the Foley situation and allowing exceptions to nudity legistation only for his clubs.

Bob Morton is another one that speaks plainly as I do (or as they say here abrasively). I disagree with him sometimes too but I have to give him credit for being out there trying.

Edited by - cyndi on 11/11/2003 3:01:29 PM

cyndi
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  12:00:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit cyndi's Homepage
Kevin I dare you to answer my long post item by item. If you can't there is no reason to continue. Posting all this publicly is a huge mistake to begin with. It could never be fair but I guess you aren't going to see that.

Quite frankly I don't care what your "members" think. I am very disturbed by much of the posts here. There is but a thin line between these and what the RRR would promote.

To take open minded ideas and be so scared of them that you need to label them negatively just freaks me right out.

Honestly I did not flame a single person in any of my posts and I'm not sorry for a single thing I've said. Perhaps one day you poor souls will open your eyes and see how badly you've all behaved.

Edited by - cyndi on 11/11/2003 12:06:14 AM

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  09:45:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
For the benefit of those interested, I will clarify some of our editorial policy at Nudist-Resorts.Org:

Prohibited content
Any website or content that places an undue emphasis on sexual matters is prohibited. Cyndiann, your personal website at [site under review] is about nudism on the surface, but when you look deeper you will find an article on the benefits of masturbation, for instance. One of your own posters remarked that yes, nudists have sex, but not any more than truckers, or bird watchers. Still, you emphasize sexual matters on your forum as though nudists have some special license for it. This is misleading to the public, and contrary to this website's intent. Links to [site under review] will not be allowed on this domain.

Cyndiann, your "open minded" teachings about nudism are inconsistent from the sensible things posted by our other members. You even advocate that children couldn't be harmed by seeing more erections. This is wacky, and dangerous, and I won't involve this respectable forum with such public relations nightmares. You are welcome to make that your clarion call, but not in my forum.

In the nudist community there are numerous philosphies and value systems. We acknowledge all of these choices for the benefit of the traveler, but some groups we will only mention and not promote in any way. That includes those that promote more sexuality at nudist resorts, erections around children, etc. Cyndiann, you are free to promote those ideas on your own websites, but not here.

Personal smears
A personal smear is any comment where the recipient has reason to feel slighted. Slight: a deliberate discourteous act (usually as an expression of anger or disapproval). A lack of courtesy is a necessary part of this definition. If you don't know the difference between respectable disagreement and personal jabs you cannot post here.

Unpleasant argument
Disagreeing respectfully sounds like "I've always believed something else, can you tell me more about that?" Unpleasant argument sounds like "You're totally wrong. What makes you think you can have an opinion on this? I'm right." Only the first one increases camaraderie and information exchange. The other one just raises a stink and drives people away from our forum.

Nudistfriendfinder
Thanks for the tip, that's the first time anyone mentioned inappropriate sexual content on that website. It wasn't very noticeable the first time I visited to check it. I will investigate.

Namedropping and credentials
Some of the individuals whose names you have dropped have been contacted to notify them that you are invoking their reputation to bolster yours. You may have attended meetings, as many dedicated nudists have, but judging from your style of presentation over the last year at this forum, and seeing you speak in public, I seriously doubt any good would come from it, unless you really succeeded in intimidating someone into compliance. You just come off downright unfriendly the moment someone disagrees. You aren't my spokesperson, and I won't have our members deceived into thinking you are effective and well trained.

Link dropping
As we already told you, signature links are allowed as a courtesy for those who post well and respectably. What part of that do you not understand? See "unpleasant argument" above. We won't allow this benefit for someone who posts disrespectfully, or links to questionable content.

"Sexual content" on Nudist-Resorts.Org
The only sexual content you will find here is dialogue to clear up the confusion between nudism and sex. You will not find articles on masturbation here as you have included at [site under review].

Support for Cyndiann?
Your friends should speak now in your support if they wish. If Cyndiann has helped you learn something new, or you feel the Admin is being unfair in some respect, please add your comments here.

Harvesting email addresses
We are sorry to hear about the troubles at other nudist websites. Our members' email addresses are quite secure. That is one reason I chose this software to build the forum.

Sol Searchers
SolSearchers prominently links to [site under review], which is prohibited content.

You didn't provide links to it...
Yes, I did. You removed my links to your original comments when you republished my remarks.

Cyndiann, frankly, this has taken up too much of my time. You have two nudist websites of your own, why do you have to be on this one? You won't be gaining any more links to your websites, and you're not making many friends here, it seems. What is your point of posting here, just to stir up trouble? Could this be why you are banned on other nudist message boards? You have created your own forum, go and speak there.

cyndi
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  10:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit cyndi's Homepage
And as you see, Kevin is still not able to provide credentials of his own. What are you hiding for? Tell us all about your nudist experience and why you allowed sexual posts in here many times in the past. This site used to be full of them. You demanded I tell you about me and I did so without reservation. Why are you not able to do the same? Why were you reluctant to even tell me your first name? Sounds awful suspicious to me.....

This has taken up way too much of my time as well. I will give you a small amount of time to clear this board of "personal smears" against me before taking further action.

Those links didn't lead to any kind of flames and I showed that.

Cheri's website has a link to www.netnude.com and they talk freely about maturbation there as well. So do most nudist websites like clothesfree.com so I'm gonna just hold my breath till you make Cheri take mention of Netnude from her site.

Matter of fact you have a link to Netnude too. Your prejudice is showing Kevvie!

The reason I jumped in here to begin with was because I saw another person posting open ideas here and being attacked for them. If you would have noticed a few people posted after me that I was right on target with my views. You've succeeded to scare them I would imagine, they see what you've done to me here in trying to roast me and have no appetite for having the same done to them.

There used to be some really rank posts on this site, stuff I'd never allow on [site under review].com in a million years. Why the sudden turnaround? Why all the rude posts by Marked4life on here?

This is a very sick website and should be shut down.

Edited by - cyndi on 11/11/2003 1:52:12 PM

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  11:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
quote:
This has taken up way too much of my time as well. I will give you a small amount of time to clear this board of "personal smears" against me before taking further action.
Cyndiann, the only "further action" I could recommend is for you to find the door. If you are unfamiliar with this concept, try the little "x" in the far top right corner of your screen.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nude pageant Topic  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.5 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved