Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 245 ]  [ Total: 245 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Bonny Doon Beach
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Oka Park Nude Beach, Montreal, Canada Topic Next Topic: North Baker Beach, San Francisco, CA  

rabbitnbunny
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  01:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit rabbitnbunny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not much mention of Bonny Doon. It's the beach we most frequent. A few pathetic gawkers, but nothing that can't be handled if necessary.

Carlover227
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  2:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where's Bonny Doon Beach?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  3:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A shipmate and I happened upon Bonny Doon one afternoon on our way back from Santa Cruz. I was already quite comfortable with nudity onboard ship, slept nude, walked to and from the head/showers nude and such. A few of the other guys in my Division where comfortable with nudity as well but most weren't and used to give us guff about it ... but we used to tell them to ...

Anyway ... we happened upon a bunch of cars parked on the side of the highway and wondered what was up. We parked, walked up the embankment and found the trails to the cliff above the cove. After seeing all those naked people, I took off for the car, grabbed my sleeping bag, our cooler and headed back to the beach.

My friend followed reluctantly. We found a place on the beach, spread out the sleeping bag and were greeted by lots of friendly people. We spent a few hours and met some kids from the University. They mentioned they were going to return the following weekend and we were invited to join them.

We returned and made some good friends. The fact that we were in the military didn't bother them and they befriended us and shared their drink and ...

My friend was takened back by the casual nudity and spent most of the time on his stomach but after a few visits ... he became for comfortable with the casual nudity and he didn't have the reaction he had initially. Great bunch of people there and I returned quite frequently in the 3 years I was stationed in the bay area.

When my wife decided to take our lifestyle public/social ... I told her about Bonny Doon and on a trip up to Santa Cruz, we spent the day there. To date, it's one of her top three favorite nude beaches!

WE don't get up there much but now with a new motorhome ... I'm sure we'll make the trip up there at least once a year and enjoy this beach. I sure miss going there as often as I did back in the early to mid 70's!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  3:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carlover227

Bonny Doon beach is near Santa Cruz, California. As a kid, I thought the name referred to the "dunes" but the name actually comes from a poem by Robert Burns. Another literary connection is that the sci-fi writer Robert Heinlein lived nearby during the nudist heyday years of Bonny Doon beach in the late-60s. Wonderful beach. Access paths are a bit steep so don't be in a hurry.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  4:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having not been in some time ... there was a store on the east side of the street just as you passed the Davenport sign coming northbound. Is it still there? It's easier to find nowadays because of the paved parking lot and signage. It, the parking lot, wasn't there in the early 70's! LOL

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 05/16/2012 4:17:30 PM

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  04:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Bonnie, how ya doon?

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

rabbitnbunny
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  01:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit rabbitnbunny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carlover227

Right at the intersection of CA Hwy-1 and Bonny Doon road. Park in the paved parking lot, and take the trail at the southern end of the lot, up over the sand dune, then walk to the north end of the beach.

nudebchbear

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  12:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, there IS a parking lot at the store and restaurant at Davenport, CA. I spent eight years in Santa Cruz and before leaving the State Beaches of CA. took over patrolling all of the land that they took over from no. of S.C. to Waddell Beach on their ATVs. Laguna Creek Beach so. of Bonny Doon is your best bet for nudism but beware that the sheriff who ride up to the cliff and watch for any suspicious activity.

Gregory Wulff

rabbitnbunny
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  12:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit rabbitnbunny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, if the sheriff want's to chase off the gawkers and the pervs, more power to them.

Previous Topic: Oka Park Nude Beach, Montreal, Canada Topic Next Topic: North Baker Beach, San Francisco, CA  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.15 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved