Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 92 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Naturists and Nudists: Hall of Fame
 Who's Who of the Nudism Movement
 A short list of notable nudists.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic
Page: of 8

TheBareOne
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  11:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks vealj for taking the time to fill in a lot of blanks that I had in the history of nudism. I and I'm sure all of us here, appreciate it.

TheBareOne

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  2:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
What he came up with was far better than that. Naturally magazine was inaugurated with the Fall/Winter Premiere issue in 1990

Just to add a little bit more background (and improve on already excellent work)...
prior to being "Naturally", the magazine was "The Event" and was published in the late 1980s in black and white, with an emphasis on East Coast US Naturism. Bern's publication of "The Event" as an independent magazine evolved out of his publishing of the Tri State Metro Naturists' newsletter. Bern was an early supporter, member, and president, of TSMN.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  2:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Veal...thanks for all your great work. It was interesting for me to look at the list and recognize a lot of the names as the "Elders" I looked to when I first became a "card-carrying" nudist almost 20 years. I thank God these folks (and others!) gave us their broad shoulders to stand on.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  5:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
... Bern's publication of "The Event" as an independent magazine evolved out of his publishing of the Tri State Metro Naturists' newsletter. Bern was an early supporter, member, and president, of TSMN.

Yes I still have some BW copies of The Event stashed away. I first communicated with Bern and Mike Gessner and the TSMN gang back when we were doing newsletter exchanges all over the country and I was publishing the The Bare Texan. Another great newsletter back then was from the South Florida Free Beaches group with Tom Chittenden.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

sanonofrebeachmom

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  11:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Send sanonofrebeachmom an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I just discovered and joined this site. What a wealth of information.
My thanks especially to Veal. I have been fortunate to have met some of these "greats" of the naturist world.
Marianna, San Onofrebeachmom

Marianna

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  8:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marianna,

So good to see you and hear from you again. Glad you joined, you too can add a wealth of knowledge to this or any naturist message board.

We miss you on the beach. We were there yesterday, it was pretty quiet. We asked a couple of the regulars how things were going and they said it's been quiet and not many problems at all. We are headed back Monday with some great friends we met there over 3 years ago. Wish you were here!

Take care, again...great to hear from you.

FireProf

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  9:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marianna,
Nice to have you here. Welcome.

Hugs,Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  12:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Marianna. Glad to see you here.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Dave
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  10:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does it count if you acknowledge yourself???If so I acknowledge myself,I feel like have done alot to promote the cause!!!Dave...You may dissagree.....

Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  2:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, How about listing some of it in your profile so we all can know what you've done.

sanonofrebeachmom

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  9:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Send sanonofrebeachmom an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
yes, Dave, I agree with the moderator. It would be nice of everyone on this board would tell a little bit more about themselves. I am sure there are many naturists who have done their share to promote the lifestyle, and it would be nice to hear about it.

Marianna

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  10:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
marianna,

how is michelle doing ? i remember she did some work with the moonstone beach folks in the 80's. too bad they closed it down.

sanonofrebeachmom

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  10:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Send sanonofrebeachmom an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Michelle is happily married and living in NC.
Marianna

Marianna

JoMulholland
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  7:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoMulholland's Homepage  Send JoMulholland a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
BOB REED is surely one of THE nudists who should be included on such a list. Here, in Australia, (I refuse to write: Down-Under) I have no doubt that he would be in the top ten who have, over the years, put themselves out there to promote the life-style.
Ironically, I am writing this just as Bob has decided that being pre-occupied with the cause (e.g., answering the phone literally night and day) and using as many ways as possible, i.e., through the media to make the public understand naturism, has just been too much like a job and he's due for a well-deserved retirement. But I cannot imagine him not going on promoting naturism, with or without the Free Beach Association of NSW.

Jo

Naturism is for every body.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  08:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jo, You've been quite the activist over the years as well.

Best regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Page: of 8 Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved