Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 234 ]  [ Total: 234 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Announcements
 Nudist resort or club special events announcements
 "Act Naturally" screening in Houston
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bangalore (India) - Private Get-together Topic Next Topic: Nudist Expo 2013 in Las Vegas Announced!  

actricalian

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  11:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm new here (obviously) and I'm thinking about going public with my nudism at an event here in Houston. It's apparently a new group of nudists, and their first event is a screening of the movie "Act Naturally" at a downtown theater named Super Happy Fun Land (awesome name!). So far only four people have RSVPed, so if you happen to be here in the Houston area and are free that night, please consider coming out if for no other reason than helping this first timer get over his jitters!

Film Screening "Act Naturally"

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  3:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like fun. I'm a long way from Houston.

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  09:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The event and movie were awesome. The show started late due to technology issues, but attending a c/o movie screening at a textile facility was great. Only downside was my truck getting broken into, but the thieves didn't find anything they wanted, so I was left with a broken door lock and handle.
JT (director) and Josh (actor) provided context to the movie and information on future distribution. We need more like this.

Always Sunny,
Safebare

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2013 :  3:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw this movie. Lazy, do nothin' day for me and thought ... "wonder if there are any movies worth watching?" We have Verizon Fios and videos on demand. To my surprise ... Act Naturally was available for rent.

I watched it and thought it was good. I'm sure the "joking and poking" fun was necessary and since it wasn't a documentary, it was trying to be as "Hollywood" as it could.

The movie seemed to be shot almost entirely at Olive Dell Nudist Ranch in Colton, CA. I liked that the owners had some "bit" parts in the movie but would have liked to have seen "more" nudists in the background. The characters elude to it being the "slow season" for the club but it would have been nice to see a bit more nudists around the pool area and generally around the park.

They did have a "theme" party, which most clubs have and there were a few shots of regular nudists here and there. I thought it gave a decent enough look at what we do and why we do it but the message seemed lost in all the typical textile thoughts and misconceptions.

Some of the better parts of the movie that actually tried and get the message across were times when there wasn't much nudity. hahaha
I liked it. Don't know that I'd buy it, right now, to watch it again. It's expensive to buy and it only cost $5.99 to rent.

I understand the reasons behind not having total nudity in the movie but ... they could have conveyed the lifestyle a bit better with a bit less covering of the breasts throughout the movie. Certain actresses, like the manager, seemed comfortable enough to do it. I would have thought that they could have dispensed with the clipboards, towels, etc. to cover themselves and give the idea that some nudists may still be self conscious.

All in all ... I enjoyed it.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2013 :  6:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any venue willing to call itself Super Happy Fun Land has earned my undying affection. And good on them for hosting a nude showing of a movie, even a one-star production like "Act Naturally".

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2013 :  9:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "one star," was that the young lady that played the part of the resort manager? I've seen her before but couldn't place her in other movies.

Just looked it up ... Susan May Pratt. I know where I've seen her before. We're Law and Order junkies. I've seen her in a few episodes ... or it's the same one and we keep watching it over and over! hahaha

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 05/22/2013 9:58:56 PM

Previous Topic: Bangalore (India) - Private Get-together Topic Next Topic: Nudist Expo 2013 in Las Vegas Announced!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.13 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved