Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 170 ]  [ Total: 170 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Health and Safety
 Preventing sunburn and sun damage
 sunburn
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: nudity and sunscreen Topic Next Topic: Too cold or sunburnt
Page: of 9

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  9:09:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chic

By the way, we're headed for the Caribbean in a few days which will include the beaches in St Martin.

Hey, chic... we are too. I wonder if we'll be there together!

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

CoolNude72
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  9:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Send CoolNude72 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I loved Sandy Hook so much I didn't let a little thing called traffic get me down. Only thing that did rub me wrong is when during the hottest days of the summer, knowing damn well its gonna be crowded, they only have ONE BOOTH open to get through. I had a season pass back in early 90's and they didnt have a seperate lines for season pass holders. And of course you get stuck behind all the 'numbnuts' who doesnt have their money ready and they be sitting there forever digging it out of their wallets or purses. Oy!

Ray

Laura
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  09:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me I get to Sandy Hook very early and I have no problem with traffic. But If I get up late. I 'll leave later and get some limited traffic. It takes me 3 hours round trip, from Morristown area NJ, but it is worth it.

Laura

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  10:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
like most beaches, you leave either early in the morning or in mid-afternoon, when the heavy traffi is starting to leave. nothing like a nice 1/2 occupied beach to catch some rays. play frisbee and have fun inthe water. also a mellower crowd if that is your preference

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  10:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do enjoy Sandy Hook, but its problems of traffic, limited access and crowding would be eased if we just had another nudist beach in the area.

Chic

Edited by - chic on 01/09/2004 10:58:53 AM

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  12:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
chic... I totally agree. There needs to be more nude beaches in the area! Instead, what did the state do? They conspired with the local government to close down Higbee. What a bunch of maroons!

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  1:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What a bunch of maroons??? Do you mean morons? I've never heard of calling someone ridiculous a maroon! LOL- maybe I should try it!

Melissa

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  5:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Maroon or moron, I agree with Cheef that NJ is not supportive of us.

If Sandy Hook was State Property instead of US government, they'd close that too!

One of the nicest beaches in NJ is Island State Park, but being a NJ State beach , rather than a US gov't owned beach, we nudists are banned from our naturist state there too ! By the way, is that where Higbee was located ?

Chic

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  6:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
One of the nicest beaches in NJ is Island State Park, but being a NJ State beach, rather than a US gov't owned beach, we nudists are banned from our naturist state there too ! By the way, is that where Higbee was located ?

No, Higbee was located west of Cape May, on the Delaware Bay, just a little below where the canal is and where the Cape May - Lewes ferry docks. In fact, the area is still named "Higbee"... it's just not a nude beach anymore.

In the 15 years I've been a nudist, there have been two attempts I know of to establish a nude beach at Island Beach State Park.

The first was an attempt c. 1988 or 1989 to establish it by practice... have people go and use a section as a nude beach, facing ticketing/arrest if necessary. Unfortunately, when it became obvious that ticketing and/or arrest was not only likely but definite, the plans fell apart.

The second was an attempt in the late 1990s to negotiate with the management. I'm not sure exactly why that has not born fruit yet, but I get the impression that while local management may have been open to talking, those above local management were not... both because of the political hot potato of nudity itself, and also because of a desire to not attract more visitors to the park.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  8:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No, he means Maroons. Even Bugs Bunny used that term.

Randy

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  10:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks Cheef for the background re Island Beach State Park in NJ.

What a beach it would be for us nudists. Just picture miles of undeveloped broad beachland (no houses, no boardwalks, no ameusment piers) in the middle of the metropolitan NY City area, a place still as it has been for hundreds of years.

For those not familiar with the area, we're not talking of going miles and hours out to Long Island, but only about a half hour by ferry from Manhatten (NYC) or about an hour by car.

As I remember, when I was a little kid (in the 50's), this area at the end of Sea Side Park, was off limits to us because it was some sort of military base for the protection of NYC and thus preserved in its natural state to this day. That's the accident of it's pristine and undeveloped nature, a jewel within the City. But the government of NJ has continued to restrict its accessability to all its citizens.

So, that's what my dream is, that what is still in it's natural state will be someday enjoyed by all of us, not just by those who are against nudists, the real naturilists.

Chic

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  10:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Island Beach State Park in NJ...
we're not talking of...Long Island

and to be clear, we're not talking about Long Beach Island... although we are talking about the next barrier island just above Long Beach Island

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  12:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Cheef,

Correct! The next barrier island after Sandy Hook, which after going a few miles after the "Sea Side's" called Island Beach State Park, is the next barrier island above Long Beach Island.

Chic

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  08:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been to island state beach years ago. It was nice beach, but no nude sunbathing of course. It would be nice if they opened a part of that beach for nudeists.

irishred

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  11:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It would be and ideal spot for a nudist beach.

Chic

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: nudity and sunscreen Topic Next Topic: Too cold or sunburnt  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved