Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 434 ]  [ Total: 434 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Starting your own nudist club
 How to start your own nudist club ...
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: starting non landed club. Topic Next Topic: Northern Central Florida Nudism
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  12:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How to start your own nudist club

Starting your own nudist club? Here are a few pointers:

First, you'll need someplace to meet. A private home or two with hot tub, pool, or sunning yard would be a good start for your nudist club to meet. Privacy is important, as well as parking and room for a buffet if serving food.

Will your club be a member of AANR, TNS, etc? The American Association for Nude Recreation and The Naturist Society are two well known organizations your club can affiliate with. There are sometimes requirements for minimum membership numbers and fees to charter your club.

Add your comments and questions here by clicking Reply to Topic.

nudinono
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  4:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you administration,cheri,and tusconnude for your help. There is one thing I should have included in my letter that does make some difference.I am in southern ontario canada,right on the north shore of lake erie. There is a landed club 20 miles away,but the (club house)leaves a lot to be desired.It was and still is an old farm house.I will join the FCN and possibly get some guidence from them.I have things all planned out in my mind,its just a matter of trying them.Thank you all again-hope there is someone else out there,who has taken the route I plan to take,and could inform me of any problems he/she/they ran into.Meanwhile Im gonna sit here and type up a flyer that I plan to put up around town-stores,the mall and of course or municipal swimming pool.Will be looking forward to any replies!

calhoun719

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  5:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how would i go about doing it if i do not have a nude club and what if i have a young boy that is twelve years old even though we both love being naked i do not think a nude club is a good idea what to do with a boy nude club

One Ring to Rule them All and in the Darkness Bind them

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  8:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
calhoun, Children are the most natural nudists. To see if there's already one near by, go to www.nudistparksusa.net and insert your zip code.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

later
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  12:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may not be the right area to post this, but here goes. A group of four couples, us included, are looking at buying a 640 acre parcel of land. The land is on a river, and is trees from one end to the other. It's surrounded by farm land or crown land. We have talked about clearing 30 or so rustic sites in the property to rent or lease to nudist couples or families. We,re not talking club here, just a place where like minded people can go and camp and enjoy them selfs. We would set it up for R.V.s and tenting. We have never seen anything of this sort before. Most private set ups have pools, hot tubs and so on. We're talking rustic, you bring in what you need. We would have to put in outhouses, some sort of well or holding tank for wash water, but that's about it.Because of the size of the land we feel if we keep the number of sites low we could give people a very private area all to them selfs.We're interested to know if this is something people would be interested in? We are not doing this for the money, other then to off set the price of this property, it's not cheap. We are going to buy the property one way or the other. We can be little nude piggys and keep it all for ourselfs or give people the chance to enjoy the wilderness on private property where they will be free to move about. Any comments would be welcome and helpful.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  12:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prairie nude

This may not be the right area to post this, but here goes. A group of four couples, us included, are looking at buying a 640 acre parcel of land. The land is on a river, and is trees from one end to the other. It's surrounded by farm land or crown land. We have talked about clearing 30 or so rustic sites in the property to rent or lease to nudist couples or families. We,re not talking club here, just a place where like minded people can go and camp and enjoy them selfs. We would set it up for R.V.s and tenting. We have never seen anything of this sort before. Most private set ups have pools, hot tubs and so on. We're talking rustic, you bring in what you need. We would have to put in outhouses, some sort of well or holding tank for wash water, but that's about it.Because of the size of the land we feel if we keep the number of sites low we could give people a very private area all to them selfs.We're interested to know if this is something people would be interested in? We are not doing this for the money, other then to off set the price of this property, it's not cheap. We are going to buy the property one way or the other. We can be little nude piggys and keep it all for ourselfs or give people the chance to enjoy the wilderness on private property where they will be free to move about. Any comments would be welcome and helpful.

From what you describe, it would be lovely. However, you would be open for legal hassels IF it was not in concurrence with local zoning and community laws. Additionally, should someone drink too much and go out driving and hit a school bus, everyone who is an occupant or member would be liable. This is the best reason to incorporate to keep just occupants out of danger.
Some areas restrict the number of septic system or trailers, etc. per acre. There is a rustic park in Darien, GA called Native Woods, not far off of I-95. There is a new park, fairly rustic with an above-ground pool in Siler City, NC called Misty Hole Point.

Regards, Cheri

-
-

later
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  12:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri;
Thank you for your input, this is what we need. You have brought up several interesting points. We will be talking to a lawyer before we jump in full hog. We will add these to our list of questions.We want people to enjoy themselfs, but we are also concerned about to much sun and booze. We had thought that keeping the area family and/or couples would cut down some problems. We are well aware that we will have to give all guests a sheet of rules, follow them or hit the road, zero tolerance.We hope that because of the area this land is in that setting up a small camp area will not be a problem, it's zoned as recreational land or farming. The fact that it will be for nudist, may be another story. We believe the fact that it's on private land and that it will be fenced and everything will be out of site of any road ways should solve any questions about nudity. We will also have to be discreet as to how we get the word out about the camp, 200 cars a day coming out for a look see is not going to help our cause. Access road will be through one of the four yard sights, and there will be no signage of any sort. We're hoping that people will not be coming and going all day and night. Their there to camp and enjoy the great out doors in the nude, we don't see why they would be driving in and out.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  6:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prairie nude

Cheri;
Thank you for your input, this is what we need. You have brought up several interesting points. We will be talking to a lawyer before we jump in full hog. We will add these to our list of questions.We want people to enjoy themselfs, but we are also concerned about to much sun and booze. We had thought that keeping the area family and/or couples would cut down some problems. We are well aware that we will have to give all guests a sheet of rules, follow them or hit the road, zero tolerance.We hope that because of the area this land is in that setting up a small camp area will not be a problem, it's zoned as recreational land or farming. The fact that it will be for nudist, may be another story. We believe the fact that it's on private land and that it will be fenced and everything will be out of site of any road ways should solve any questions about nudity. We will also have to be discreet as to how we get the word out about the camp, 200 cars a day coming out for a look see is not going to help our cause. Access road will be through one of the four yard sights, and there will be no signage of any sort. We're hoping that people will not be coming and going all day and night. Their there to camp and enjoy the great out doors in the nude, we don't see why they would be driving in and out.

Reasons for leaving and returning:
someone forgot food, someone forgot sunscreen, someone needs more soda, water, beer, etc.

Why do you leave home once or twice a day over the weekend?

To get the word out...ads in AANR's Bulletin would work I think.
Regards, Cheri

-
-

Rich3800
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  4:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What kind of zoning rules apply to landed nudist resorts? Are nudist resorts classified into commercial or residential zoning?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  6:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich3800

What kind of zoning rules apply to landed nudist resorts? Are nudist resorts classified into commercial or residential zoning?

Rich,
It would be commercial; possibly an RV park.
You have to deal with water issues; septic systems, hot/cold running water.

It might be a zoning issue that any commercial premise has to be so far from a residential neighborhood.

Cheri

-
-

Rich3800
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  10:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking about something similar to - - or Cypress Cove. What kind of zoning are - - or Cypress Cove under?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  08:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich3800

I'm thinking about something similar to - - or Cypress Cove. What kind of zoning are - - or Cypress Cove under?

I wouldn't duplicate PL at all, but Cove would be wonderful elsewhere. I consider that the Cadillac of nudist resorts on the East Coast.

I don't know what Oseola County has for their zoning, but they would probably be in a commercially zoned area. When Cypress Cove first began there was little development in that area.

Regards, Cheri

-
-

tooldady
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  4:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Need some input,
I have an idea of opening a membership only nudist club in the down town area of our city. I would like it to be kinda like a relaxing one stop lunch time oasis were a person would enter into a lobby then into changing rooms with lockers that would lead into an area with a manicurist,a person giving massages,hair stylist,sun tan beds,small gym, portable spas,and a cafe area to eat lunch and have coffe with wireless internet if you want to use lap top.well you get the idea.i know it would have to work with zoning and all but i was just wanting to get some input on the idea.
thanks, tooldady

Edited by - tooldady on 08/20/2006 11:26:42 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  12:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tooldady

Need some input,
I have an idea of opening a membership only nudist club in the down town area of our city. I would like it to be kinda like a relaxing one stop lunch time oasis were a person would enter into a lobby then into changing rooms with lockers that would lead into an area with a manicurist,a person giving massages,hair stylist,sun tan beds,small gym, portable spas,and a cafe area to eat lunch and have coffe with wireless internet if you want to use lap top.well you get the idea.i know it would have to work with zoning and all but i was just wanting to get some input on the idea.
thanks, tooldady

If someone has more than an hr. for lunch, it might be a good place to unwind during the day. However, it might go over better AFTER work hours. The downtown area in Columbia, SC is a distance from where I work.

You would have to find out just how many nudists are in your downtown area to make it feasible.
Cheri

-
-

tooldady
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  09:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks cheri, i have been tossing this idea around for a long time in my head and and was just curious what others might think of it.
thanks again tooldady

Rich3800
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  12:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Knowing where people practicing nudism are brings to mind the concept of surveys. Does the federal census keep track of such things as lifestyle?

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: starting non landed club. Topic Next Topic: Northern Central Florida Nudism  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved