Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 403 ]  [ Total: 403 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic
Page: of 16

pismata01

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  06:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Send pismata01 an AOL message  Send pismata01 an ICQ Message  Send pismata01 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi
I am new to this forum too, but the topics are great. I was always feeling comfortable without my clothes on. I started this when I was a child, when there was noone around. Now I am a student and I live with my girlfriend. I often go around nude but she hesitates about her being nude with no reason. I hope to persuade her.
However I never experienced the naturist lifestyle with other people. I hope that will happen someday.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  09:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

pismata01,

Welcome to the forum. Why not try an optional clothing beach. Other than around my home, that's how I got more into puplic nudism.

Chic

rickblaine
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  7:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As soon as the oportunity arises I will definetly try public nudism.....until then I'll enjoy home nudism.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  9:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RickBlaine, But, as the topic of this board asks...how did you first learn of it?

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  07:47:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not doubt that I have responded here but being that I am aging (Closing in on 50) and they say the first thing to go is...

Anyway, one thing that I remember as an introduction to nudism was the "Whole Earth Catalog" that my Aunt and Uncle gave me back in 1974.

I suspect that they didn't realize what was contained in it but I ended up scouring it several times. I still have them and will occasionally browse through them.

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  02:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can remember as quite a young child being fascinated by being nude. We has a small cottage on the beach and since it was rather secluded, I was able to take off my swimsuit and swim naked. I loved it. From that time on, I knew that one day I would be naked all the time. I really do hate clothes. I now am dressed only when I'm at work. At home and on vacation I'm nude.
P.S. Well, I am dressed on the bus going to work, too !
P.P.S. As it turns out, one of my brothers, his wife and children are nudists, too. Life is great!

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  07:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted in another area (hopefully the appropriate one dealing with Nudists in the News) about a newspaper article in the Richmond Times-Dispatch about a Florida Handyman named Dan (NakeDan) who is a nudist and does his handyman work for $130 an hour in the nude.
Even though my aunt and uncle are definitely NOT nudists (and I've failed to mention that I've ever been nude anywhere to them)...the article caught my Uncle's eye and he was laughing about it. During the conversation he related HIS very first "discovery" of people who call themselves nudists and I thought it might be fun to relate it here.
He said when he was about 9 or 10 he found a nudist magazine hidden in a tack box on the farm he lived on. He supposed it belonged to one of the workers but he took great delight in stealing it and running up to his room to see what "nekkid girls" looked like. lol
Apparently it was a very old magazine with black and white picture and it was "sanitized" as far as genitalia. It would show the backsides of men and women and the breasts of women, but if there were full frontal nudes, the genital area was portrayed as smooth and featureless as a Barbi and Ken doll!
I have no idea what "vintage" magazine that was, but apparently back in the old days, even nudists couldn't be nude in their own magazines.
Does anyone else have recollections of anything like this?

Ash

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  12:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not old enough to have that recollection but I seem to remember reading about it somewhere else and it was argued in the courts sometime in the late 1950's I think. This eventually paved the way for Hugh Hefner and all the copycats like him. This alone seems to me a sad foot note in the history of American Naturism. That one of the few legal battles we have won has been turned into an industry that is the antithesis of everything we stand for. Isn't it ironic?

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  3:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

When we were kids, those type of magazines, which were associated with nudist groups, were the only thing a young teenager could get to get a peek at a nude women, Even with the "white-out" of the genital area, we thought they were exciting.

Boy how times have changed !

Chic

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  4:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess "Sex-education class" was a bit dull back then!! LOL

Ash

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  12:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What "sex education"? We didn't have any and our parents wouldn't tell us anything, so we had to learn it from our friends.....guess what...they didn't know anything either!!

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  10:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashley
I have no idea what "vintage" magazine that was, but apparently back in the old days, even nudists couldn't be nude in their own magazines.
Does anyone else have recollections of anything like this?

In the 1950's when Isley Boone (Uncle Danny) was in the midst of battling the U.S. Post Office for the right to mail nudist magazines through the U.S. mails, it was necessary to air brush out all genitalia etc. or risk being sent to prision for obscenity. Mr. Boone ultimatly won his case after it went all the way to the Supreme Court. This allowed magazines like Playboy to get their start and nudist magazines to be published without air brushing.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

RunnerGirl
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  1:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Hear" about it? Maybe I am missing something.....what is there to hear about? Its just comfortable being nude around other people, lol

I guess the first I ever heard was when I was 7 or 8, and a friend of my Mom said something about Skinny Dipping. Being real skinny, I asked her what it was, and she said "You take all your clothes off and run into the lake". That was when I realized other people did things in the open with out clothes.

Morgan

Runner
Forum Member

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  7:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to think that the first time I heard of nudist people was way back in the seventies when Laugh-in had a spoof on it. It made me interested. And then streaking started. I was still in high school but several of us streaked. It was fun and more exciting not getting caught. I have to say I still remember those days and they were fun. Too bad I waited until alomost 30 years to try it again at Orient beach.

drhornist

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  4:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first time I heard of nudists was on a local evening news program when I was a teen when a group was a news story. As my mother was especially appalled, I didn't think much more about it. The next time I heard anything about "being nude" was while I was in therapy for nerve damage in my left arm. My therapist actually did an upper body massage each day, and we talked about the fact that having the room air blow over me felt pretty good. I decided to try sleeping nude. That certainly didn't happen all the time as I was still living with my parents and knew neither of them would understand. When I moved out on my own I tried sleeping nude and I did feel more relaxed. It was then that I read up on some sites on the web. Now I have a pretty serious medical problem (lesion on the pituitary) and have not only been sleeping nude most of the time, but also am nude during the day when I'm home. Reading informaton about how it can help self esteem and body image makes sense. I am feeling more relaxed at home, although I'm still apprehensive about it. (My landlord loves to come over, knock once and unlock the door. ) Reading about Christian views on naturism has peaked my curiosity about going to a club, camp or resort., or perhaps a beach.

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved