Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 163 ]  [ Total: 163 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 Nudism and educating the public - best method?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Broaching the subject of nudism with friends Topic Next Topic: World Naked Bike Ride and other such things
Page: of 4

panhandler
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  12:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There may be more young nudists than we think there are. University of Texas and Western Kentucky have nudist groups. In Arizona there is - - - Naturists. They have a age limit 18-38. They where formed because the clubs where priced more for retired nudist.( they haven't seen my pension check) It look like there might be a lot of young groups that don't where we go.

Panhandler

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  02:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Panhandler;

When we went through Austin, Texas, we went to Hippie Hollow, I think its the only leagal nude beach in Texas. There were a lot of people there from the University of Texas. I think you are right about a lot of young people being priced out of clubs, or not having a place to go. I am glad to hear that the Universities have nudists groups now.

Kim =^.^=

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  3:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are headed for Houston by way of San Antonio in early January '04. I wonder what the weather will be like at Hippie Hollow? We may have to make a side trip for several hours!

You know Kimberly, on another BB I frequently post on, I brought up the discussion that clubs should have a student discount rate for membership and day use fees. You are right, it can get expensive for a student, young adult on their own to visit a club frequently if the fees are too expensive. Even if 25-40 dollars doesn't seem like much, it can add up quick if you'd like to visit the club more than once a month. I'd like to see some of the large nudist organization look into this and spear head the campaign for a student discount for clubs and resorts. Maybe it will bring in more young nudists.

Edited by - FireProf on 11/17/2003 3:08:36 PM

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2003 :  08:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cinderela,

I think you're absolutely right, we need do promote naturism better at College level.

The reason I decided to quit the Australian Naturist Federation was that the organisation totally disregarded the needs of young naturists. They created ridiculous joining requirements were young people were forced to present themselves at local police stations to sign photos before they could apply for membership. And more importantly, Their AGM was held over the Christmas/New Year period, when younger people are spending time with their non-naturist families and/or, at the very least, were out enjoying themselves with textile friends in the prime of summer at major New Years events in cities.

I honestly believe that the Naturist movement (in Australia at least) is run by old people with outdated ideas and totally out of touch with the needs of the younger generation. I believe its time for younger people to do what comes naturally and challenge the ideas of the older generation.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

tbspence@usc.edu

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  11:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi. i have posted this a couple other places, but it seems so appropriate for here.

I am a college student studying film at the University of Southern California. I am interested in putting together a short documentary film on Nudism. I believe in another post i had called it a lifestyle, and i hope i did not offend anyone.
Anyway, i would like to make an honest and repsectful portrayal of nudism and nudists, not at all exploitative. this is only a student project, but it would be aired on USC's television station which reaches all the university campus housing and also runs through Los Angeles public access channel 36.
I am not a nudist myself, but i am open to it as a fullfilling, freeing, and fun choice for others. I think it is equally important that non nudists speak about nudism with respect and not stereotypes. We should all respect each others choices.
If you are within driving distance from Los angeles (so i could drive to you) and interested in the project please email me. also, please email me if you have any advise.
Thank You,
Traci
tbspence@usc.edu

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  1:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In many parts of Europe, people can simply undress completely and lay out in the sun in a park or beach. There are so many areas there that are free or open to the public for nude recreation. Here in USA, were're sorely limited. I don't know of any place open or free to go nude. In fact, the only places all charge over $20 a day not including renting a cabin or campsite. For someone on a medium or low income, that amount can make a big difference in when and how often one visits these resorts. I've got a strong feeling that there is a much larger amount of young people who would love to visit such places but can't due to money. I just wish that we could have more areas set aside for nude recreation, even if it's only for a limited time. As for educating the public, I'd start by inviting reporters from certain types of women's magazines to nudist beaches/resorts. Don't pick the magazines that cater to the wealthy but rather the ones that appeal to the everyday lady. If the wife gets interested, more than likely the husband will go along. Has Oprah ever did a show on nudist resorts/beaches? With as many people she reaches it would be an idea to approach her on the topic. How about like minded celebrities? Meredith, co-host of The View and the Millionare game show, has mentioned visiting nude beaches/resorts. Perhaps she or others like her could be spokesperson/people for nudist.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  05:09:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Jerry Springer did a show on a nudist family He interviewed them in the nude on the show, of course all the vital parts were blocked out. Of course it came out as being scandelous because they had a teenage daughter that was in the nude too. The way Springer presented the family and the audiance reacted, the family was a bunch of perverts.

Traci if you get to interview anyone, make sure they are A.A.N.R members, and get them in their natural suroundings, doing what they normally do. Show nude recreation for what it is.

Kim =^.^=

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  09:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, not just the hot tubs, swimming pools, beaches, volley ball, or any of the other usual stuff. There's group cookouts, potluck dinners, movies, hiking trails,...now I'm getting lonesome. It's been so long! Damn my ear and kidney stone medical bills! If I ever get the opportunity to meet any of you in person, speak to me on my right side. I'm nearly deaf in my left ear since my surgery.
She should talk to the women first, all ages of women. Then talk with the men, with their ladies' present to ensure they don't put their foot in their mouth. Let every man raise their hand that has done that at least once! You in the back, get your hand up or be known as a liar!

quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly

Jerry Springer did a show on a nudist family He interviewed them in the nude on the show, of course all the vital parts were blocked out. Of course it came out as being scandelous because they had a teenage daughter that was in the nude too. The way Springer presented the family and the audiance reacted, the family was a bunch of perverts.

Traci if you get to interview anyone, make sure they are A.A.N.R members, and get them in their natural suroundings, doing what they normally do. Show nude recreation for what it is.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  10:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
traci,
present a balanced report. aanr members and the naturist society's beach groups are a good depiction of true nudism. Query. is this going to be just with nudists or are you going to present other points of view? just thinking out loud.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  11:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the best way to promote nudism is by using its principles and philosophies to help people. The typical textile cannot see the value of nudism (beyond a cool tan), so we have to demonstrate how it can be useful in everyday life and situations. For example a co-worker of mine, a few years ago, started telling me about an issue she was having with her 4 year old son. He would often take off all his clothes at home, then go up to her and pull on her clothes. In the morning, he would also sometimes walk into the bathroom and pull on the shower curtain while she was in it. Being that she was very self-conscious and really didn't know how to handle the situation, she screamed at him. There was an opportunity for me to use nudist principles to help, so I simply explained to her that I was a nudist, had been nude around my daughter all her life, and that was a very good way to solve her problem. I told her that the more she hid her body from him, the more curious he'd be, and that being nude in front of him would be much easier than she thought (a child is non-judgemental). She was skeptical, but a couple of days later, her son popped in the bathroom again; she remembered our conversation, held her breath and let her son open the curtain and look. He then just smiled at her and walked away. She was so relieved she told me all about it the next day. She then asked me more questions about home-nudism, and I gladly obliged. That night, she gave her son a bath, and as she washed him, he grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. This time she took the plunge. She took off all her clothes, and jumped in the tub with him. She told me it was so much fun that they stayed nude after the bath for the rest of the evening. The last time we talked, she told me they frequently played nude in the evening. He had gotten over his curiosity, and she had gotten over her shyness.

This log-winded example I think illustrates the power and positive impact nudist principles can have on people's lives. I think it works much better than the old "it's soo relaxing you'll just love it" schtick, and that's how we should try to "sell" it to the public. "Here's How Nudism Can Help You If.."

later
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  1:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We all are doing what needs to be done to promote nudism, by being on this and other forums. People who are interested can see, read, and generally surf to judge for them selfs if nudism is something they want to try. Any press we get is usually negetive, "All is well in the world" doesn't sell papers or fill news programs. All to often you hear of someone who talks to the press and had their words used the way the interviewer saw fit and not always in a positive manner. I see an up surge in the interest in nudism, if we all do as we're doing here, I believe nudism will grow on it's own. This is the place to help none nudists make an informed choose as to whether they want to join in. This is an enjoyable lifestyle, for lack of a better term. If we show that through our words and actions, more people will take the next step. The best sales person for any product, including nudism, is the end user, us.

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  09:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The very best way we can educate the public on nudism is to tell our friends and neighbors we are nudists and discuss it when the subject comes up. When people discover that nudists are their friends and neighbors and not perverts and weirdos we're on our way.

The Internet and the ability to set up web sites devoted to nudism has been a great boon for those people so interested in the subject they are willing to research it and ferret out sites about naturism and nudism. However, we should never get comfortable with the idea that boards like this educate the general public about nudism and nudists. On these boards we are usually preaching to the choir in that almost every person who joins these boards is already interested in the subject.

No matter how much positive press or great PR articles we get published nothing will replace average nudists admitting to friends and co-workers that they are nudists and explaining to them what it is all about. When thousands of everyday or even weekend-only nudists tell thousands of non-nudists about nudism then the general public will be educated and then I believe they will exhibit a tolerance towards the practice. This is the only thing that will offset the shrill cries of panic from the religious conservatives that we are all perverts.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  8:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Veal, In a couple of weeks ago local weekly free newspaper, I had an ad for my club "Nude Passover Seder" was written under KNOW ANY NUDISTS?! One lady at a Sisterhood meeting was talking with me in her kitchen. On her fridge was the ad she had cut out. I told her that was my club. Several other of my friends from synagogue asked if that was my club. LOL I guess the word has gotten out.

Hugs,Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  9:26:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bravo Cheri! This is one of the most helpful ways to spread the word about nudism. I agree with veal this is truely the best way we can reach out to those around us and let them see we are normal everyday folks just like them. Once again good job Cheri I wish all the best of luck in your endeavors.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  09:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri has always known how to "get the word out." Now, if we could just convince the rest of the nudist world to do the same we're on our way.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Edited by - vealj on 05/06/2005 09:51:11 AM

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Broaching the subject of nudism with friends Topic Next Topic: World Naked Bike Ride and other such things  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved