Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 181 ]  [ Total: 181 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Announcements
 Announcements: Community
 It's a sad day - SkinBook has shut down
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Have you ever wondered why you have breasts? Topic Next Topic: WNBR Seattle needs a little help - please write!
Page: of 2

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  5:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that many members here were also members at SkinBook (SB), who probably are aware of what I'm about to say.

A few weeks ago the folks who hosted the SB website (Ning) decided that nudism was not acceptable and informed those who managed SB that they were no longer welcome. After a couple of failed attempts to move SB to another host it was decided to essentially create a new independent website for SB. That website started accepting members sometime last night or this morning. It seemed that we were back in business, but this afternoon I received the following e-mail and SB has vanished.

It is with much regret that I have come to the decision to bring Skinbook to an end.

After all the effort (and money) we have put into saving the Skinbook network; the complaining, negativity, abuse and general lack of support we have recieved from our users has been quite frankly, disgusting... I am no longer prepared to provide the Skinbook network to any members past or present.

As much as we have attempted over the past couple of years to bring together the naturist community and give the naturist lifestyle a positive public image, the treatment of my team here at Skinbook has finally made it clear (to myself at least) why this lifestyle is both fragmented from within and ostracized from without. What you take this to mean is up to you to speculate individually. For me this revelation doesn't require an explination, it requires merely a reaction; my reaction being that from now on I see fit only to completely distance myself from this lifestyle (from both a philosophical and physical stand point) and most certainly from ANY medium which serves to promote it.

Good luck in your quests to find unity within your chosen lifestyle... you need it!

Karl Maddocks

For the purpose of legal matters we would like to make clear that we retain all rights to the Skinbook name, logo and any other associated media.

I have no idea what happened to cause Karl to write this, but it certainly is a sad commentary on us naturists. We can't afford to lose what few resources we have. SB was a great forum, just like this one. I'm sure those of you who were SB members will miss it as much as I do.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  09:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess I picked the wrong weekend to try skinbook. Maybe we will find some of our "LOST" members back.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  5:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think a lot of us miss skinbook.ning.com; however the new skinbook network was poorly defined IMHO.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  5:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was expecting the new SkinBook to be similar to the old with most of the same participants, but since it never actually got established, I guess you could say it was undefined. A missed opportunity.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  9:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill - It's not a sad commentary on naturists. It's a sad commentary on Skinbook and the narcissistic D-bag who wrote that letter for blaming its failures on the community to which it was attempting to serve. It failed for the same reason every other website or business fails, namely, it wasn't providing what the community found valuable. Even if Ning did stop the service, it's the internet for Christ sake! surely it would be easy to find another host.

Besides, from what I understand, Skinbook had a certain moderator that thought she was God's gift to nudism and the know-all and end-all for how nudists should behave and what they should say and post, and how they should act. Hmmm, didn't something similar happen on this forum some time back with a certain moderator? Bizarre coincidence I suppose.

In all seriousness, it sounds like you enjoyed the site and I'm sorry you feel like you've lost a resource. But just don't say it's a sad commentary on naturists, blame the guy who wrote in his closing "Good luck in your quests to find unity within your chosen lifestyle... you need it!" Man, what a D-Bag!!! Suffice it to say, I'm sure we'll be just fine without him skinny dipping in the pool with us!

Cheers!

Edited by - FlCpl4NewdFun on 09/12/2010 10:01:33 PM

JimmieMac51
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  10:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Send JimmieMac51 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry but no loss to me. I tried to sign up a couple months ago. I submitted twice to try and get it started and never even heard from anyone.

SunTanMan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  10:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FlCpl4NewdFun

Hmmm, didn't something similar happen on this forum some time back with a certain moderator? Bizarre coincidence I suppose.

Cheers!

FLCpl, I suspect you are dead right. Seems as some people are possessed with a "destructive spirit" and where ever they land you can be sure there will be nothing left but scorched earth.

Thankfully for us and the nudist community, our ADMIN is always fair and consistent with his moderating and runs a tight ship.

Just my take,

STM

SunTanMan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  12:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to some related post about SB if anyone is interested.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.nude/browse_thread/thread/9b622985c9960def/a98c97e6bdcd3a47?lnk=raot

STM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  1:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing that he learded how hard it is to run a forum. KEVIN (aka,ADMIM) hasn't posted anything but, I'll THANK him anyway.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  2:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's unfair and a bit cowardess to begin to bash a former member of this site when they aren't here to defend themselves.

That member has been involved in naturism longer than many of those here...combined. That member has stood before college students, civic groups, clubs and more non nudists than anyone here has ever done and openly discussed this lifestyle without hiding behind a handle or computer screen.

Just because this member's philosophy and yours doesn't mesh...doesn't mean they don't have the right to their opinion.

If you don't agree...then just state you don't agree but let's not drag this member and any other members through the mud that happen to agree with this member!

I was also a member of Skinbook and given all the rules, do's and don'ts when I joined...just like many of you. They wanted to start out vanilla and asked some prominent people to moderate. They moderated, owners/admin got emails stating that they were going to lose members to the vanilla format...they compromised what they started out with and, I think, lost members and a good moderator because of that. That's my opinion.

Edited by - FireProf on 09/15/2010 02:50:51 AM

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  4:34:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a good discussion; but in my opinion, the new skinbook network failed to replicate the "ning"; especially about the 18,000 pictures we all treasured. And then some videos, also. Ok; two cents worth done.

JackNeilson
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  9:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Besides, from what I understand, Skinbook had a certain moderator that thought she was God's gift to nudism and the know-all and end-all for how nudists should behave and what they should say and post, and how they should act.
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

That member has been involved in naturism longer than many of those here...combined. That member has stood before college students, civic groups, clubs and more non nudists than anyone here has ever done and openly discussed this lifestyle without hiding behind a handle or computer screen.
Just because this member's philosophy and yours doesn't mesh...doesn't mean they don't have the right to their opinion.
If you don't agree...then just state you don't agree but let's not drag this member and any other members through the mud that happen to agree with this member!

FireProf is completely correct in his statement re the integrity of the member and the rather snide remarks you made concerning her. What you may consider over-moderation on Skinbook has absolutely no bearing on their decision to close the site.

Edited by - JackNeilson on 09/15/2010 12:26:33 AM

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  7:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Jack - Glad to see you've bestowed upon yourself unilateral authority to dictate who's "completely correct."

Man, you and the Fireprof need to take a chill pill step-back for a second and reread my post. I didn't say she or her over moderation caused the demise of Skinbook. My post was clearly directed at nudism's good friend Mr. Maddocks.

Albeit, I did have a clearly facetious sidebar reminiscing about some forum events of the past, which apparently was taken way more seriously than its intent. Of course I knew some would take offense to the comment, I also knew many would see the humor (just as my wife did when she walked in a moment ago and read my original post and started laughing out loud) but hey what can you do, C'est La Vie!

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go read some posts about shaving and erections. By the way, what is this Skinbook thing anyway?

Cheers!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  09:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well Jack - Glad to see you've bestowed upon yourself unilateral authority to dictate who's "completely correct."

Man, you and the Fireprof need to take a chill pill step-back for a second and reread my post. I didn't say she or her over moderation caused the demise of Skinbook. My post was clearly directed at nudism's good friend Mr. Maddocks.

Albeit, I did have a clearly facetious sidebar reminiscing about some forum events of the past, which apparently was taken way more seriously than its intent. Of course I knew some would take offense to the comment, I also knew many would see the humor (just as my wife did when she walked in a moment ago and read my original post and started laughing out loud) but hey what can you do, C'est La Vie!

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go read some posts about shaving and erections. By the way, what is this Skinbook thing anyway?

Cheers!

So.... what does this part of your post mean if you weren't talking about or attacking her stand on naturism? Yes this thread is about Skinbook and it's demise had NOTHING to do with this particular female member/moderator...so why bring that up? Why go through the trouble of writing this paragraph if you were speaking only of Mr. Maddocks. This part of your post contradicts your statement that your post was "... clearly directed at nudism's good friend Mr. Maddocks."

"Besides, from what I understand, Skinbook had a certain moderator that thought she was God's gift to nudism and the know-all and end-all for how nudists should behave and what they should say and post, and how they should act. Hmmm, didn't something similar happen on this forum some time back with a certain moderator? Bizarre coincidence I suppose."

Chill pill????.....No comment

Edited by - FireProf on 09/16/2010 09:38:38 AM

JackNeilson
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  12:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK. I don't consider myself an "authority" and perhaps I would amend that statement to read as follows:

Fair play would indicate that FireProf is completely correct in his statement re the integrity of the member and the rather snide remarks you made concerning her. What you may consider over-moderation on Skinbook has absolutely no bearing on their decision to close the site.

Your comment was indeed a personal attack. Perhaps you didn't name names but the moderator is well known to a great many nudists and her identity would immediately be obvious to many due to context. Except for that paragraph your post related to the subject at hand but that gratuitous remark detracted from it and from your further remark in reply "My post was clearly directed at nudism's good friend Mr. Maddocks."

SunTanMan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  1:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have a dog in this fight but am very curious as to why two "members" of NRO would rat pack a current "member" of NRO because that "member" made a comment about someone who is no longer a "member" of NRO and is in fact no longer a "member" of the afore mentioned skinbook which is no longer in existence.

If FLCpl had made an inflammatory comment about a current member, I could see where the other members might be correct in putting in their 2 cents but I took FLCpl's comment to be regarding the banning of a moderator from NRO and that same moderator being banned from SB and then soon after that site being closed on what appears to be adverse circumstances.

Do as you please but I think you two guys owe FLCpl a public apology.

STM

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Have you ever wondered why you have breasts? Topic Next Topic: WNBR Seattle needs a little help - please write!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved