Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 461 ]  [ Total: 461 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Starting your own nudist club
 starting non landed club.
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 25 Acre Belize Island Topic Next Topic: How to start your own nudist club ...
Page: of 3

nudinono
Forum Member

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  11:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to get a group together (nudist or serious wannabes) to rent our municipal swimming pool for a few hours one evening a week during the winter. #1 how would I get such a group together-I live in a town of 20 thousand.#2 how would I go about approaching the municipality to rent the pool to such a group? This idea seems difficult to accomplish,as I am not even a club member.I would appreciate any constructive suggestions or critisisms. P.S.I must be off my rocker to take on such a task at this late stage of my life-61 years young!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  09:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've helped over a dozen nonlanded clubs start and a couple of landed clubs. The first thing to do is to figure out a name. The second thing is to get a PO Box as you don't want mail coming to your home. Next, contact the phone company to add a feature called Ring Master or Distinctive Ringing at @ $3 a month. You get a different phone number but it rings differently, ie., 2 long-1 short ring, so that you know who the call is for. The next thing is to contact AANR & TNS asking for affiliation. To AANR - tell them you want to start a nonlanded proprietary club. You can have committee chairs, but you run it and have final say. My club has an annual meeting to bring up bylaw changes/additions, but I have final say so that the original intent of the club doesn't change. We will always be a single friendly, g-rated club. The last item I can whole heartedly recommend is to incorporate...worst case scenario - you have an event at which people are drinking. On the way home, a member who has had too much hits a school bus. Every parent of every child can sue the entire membership and the membership records would have to be devulged. My club, Travelites, Inc., is now in its 17th year.

Regarding the pool... you can call them...speak with the owner/manager not just an attendant and ask, "Do you rent the pool for private parties?". Make an appointment with the manager/owner and bring with you a family or at least a woman member. Bring with you also brochures from the national organizations so they know just what your club is about.

I can very much recommend sending out applications to those prospective members and meet them BEFORE inviting them. Email me at cheridonna@prodigy.net, and I'll gladly send you our information packet that we mail to those interested in my club.

I wish you well. It's a lot of work. I put in @ 35 hrs. a week (my husband clocked me one week) in marketing my club and nudism in general.
Best regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

tucsonnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  10:08:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tucsonnude's MSN Messenger address  Send tucsonnude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Helped start a group here. Took a little different route. We had a mailing list but was outdated. Ammended the list contacted those on list and established a place and time for our first get together. We established our etiquettes and have by laws from the group that we re invtented..But those may change. No affiliation as yet since the group is so small. But we do have a post office box..phone calls will not be used but e mails will..We have looked at other sites for information on groups similar to ours. We did about the same when we started a group out of state several years ago. For now national affiliation is not needed..

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  10:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tucsonnude, national affiliation (AANR)is worth it for small clubs: $ rebated when you turn in membership dues on time, coop advertising rebates, free stationery, free club brochures, marketing your club to AANR members who don't know your club is around. TNS offers marketing of your club to the entire TNS network. PLUS your club members get discounts when they visit landed clubs.

I could not do all that I do if it wasn't for AANR & its regions plus TNS.

-
-

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  07:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do you know if a new non-landed club is needed? Or if there are enough people interested in it to actually join? I live 5 minutes from Philadelphia and I like to think I'm not the only nudist in the area (maybe I'm wrong???), yet there are no nudist clubs within two hours of me. There used to be 2 clubs but both are no longer in existance. I'm assuming that, since the local clubs are gone, that people around here aren't interested... but how do I know? If there's a chance of actually having a local club, I just might start one up! (I know, I know... wait a bit until I'm more experienced with nudism myself. Sigh...)

My clothes have low self-esteem... they know they're not wanted.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  10:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
melissa, there used to be a couple in the lancaster area, two in maryland (landed), maybe 3, pen-mar?,aanr site would have more up to date list

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  10:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a club that is West of Lancaster, maybe an hour and a half to 2 hours away from me. I've e-mailed them for more information but haven't heard back. Maryland is pretty far from me I think. Farther, atleast from Northern NJ where I went last weekend... that was almost 3 hours away. Of the AANR listed sites, the 2 that are nearby are gone now (Metro Naturists and Bucks County Bares.) Thanks for your help!

My clothes have low self-esteem... they know they're not wanted.

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  5:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, I'm near the philly area.

Red

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  9:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Red... where do you go to be nude in this area? I know that Penn Sylvan is close by, but I've also heard that it's undergoing transition right now (ie. the pool is closed.) Any thoughts on where to go nude would be greatly appreciated!

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  10:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa/nudinono,

You might be best to start a MSN group to gain an understanding of whether a non-landed club would survive in your area. It can take sometime to gather interest, but once you have the critical mass it would be fairly easy to organise swim nights knowing that you'll get enough people to attend.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  02:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

...snip... There used to be 2 clubs but both are no longer in existence. I'm assuming that, since the local clubs are gone, that people around here aren't interested... but how do I know? ...snip...

Hi, Melissa. It's Leo. StuffedTiger is my online persona. I swear I did not read your post here before I wrote what I did. Wow.

There was a discussion on Cheef.com some time ago about why the clubs failed. Cheef might know because I understand he is also in the Philly area. What I remember were financial issues where events lost too much money and membership issues where some were family oriented and others lifestylers. Also, I suspect leadership issues because of the time requirements.

Cheef may even have mailing lists.

I think there are thousands of nudists in the Philly area. They just don't know it. That is a marketing issue and solvable. I see many other issues, but they all seem solvable. Working it out is to plan how marketing, sales, product, and finances might work here in Philly.

This could be just a few sentences, drawing from what other clubs have done. The important thing is to be specific to Philly.

For instance, in Philly, institutional support (University, Religious, Y's, etc.) might be available. There are many progressive institutions here. That is one way to ensure the vision endures over generations and the burden of leadership can be shared as the organization scales. There are many reasons they might and many ways they could support wholesome family nudism at no cost.

There are issues to be sure. For example, concern over a scandal involving kids. One way to address that would be by having proven procedures. Another way is by numbers; being one of ten involved would reduce PR concerns. And so on.

Stuffed Tiger

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  09:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stuffed tiger, didnt know penn-sylvan was having troubles. and is beechwood ok. have been out of touch with pa. for a while, but thought nudism thru tns and aanr was flourishing.

lists get obsolete quickly. you might want to use some, but creat new batle plan. good luck to all of you

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2003 :  02:28:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by calmnude

stuffed tiger, didnt know penn-sylvan was having troubles. ...snip...

Hopefully just some communication issues and the usual kinds of disagreements among members. Information was posted yesterday on Rec.Nude that the indoor pool and sauna were open again in addition to the hot tub (which never closed). Also, the outdoor facilities were up and available. They are all in the same boat, so it would be nice if they were all rowing in the same direction. :-) I am hopeful. We like to go there when we can even, but it is a long way.

Sundance36
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2004 :  04:47:05 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Sundance36's MSN Messenger address  Send Sundance36 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Milssa what if you used the personals in a newspaper. I know alot of people read them.
You just have to be careful of weirdos. But if a po box was set up for first coumnacation. having them answer a few questions. Then set up an interview
take someone with you. Or set up a web sight with it's own e address. same thing ask questions. Like what do they expect from a club. but First what do you want the group to be. Just my 2 cents.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2004 :  3:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In addition to those questions, have an application completed with name, address,phone number, drivers license #, what if any nudist clubs-parks-beaches attended, convicted of any legal infraction other than parking tickets, among some of the necessary questions that need answering (Sort of like my club application) and include a signature. We also require a $5 application fee that is deducted from first year's club dues to weed out those who aren't really there for the right reasons.

:) Cheri

-
-

orchere

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  04:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit orchere's Homepage  Send orchere a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i think "nudist " are best, because. they shows their natural beauty.
"beauty is gods gift" its never get from shops. all pupils have natural beauty. but they are finding something else. .......

Orginal Beauty makes life more happy

hello friend i like to make friendship with u

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: 25 Acre Belize Island Topic Next Topic: How to start your own nudist club ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved