Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 205 ]  [ Total: 205 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Clothed staff at clothing optional resort
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Utopia Topic Next Topic: Woman would like C/O community
Page: of 3

Marsand Venus
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  9:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I are considering a holiday at a clothing optional resort. We normally go to hotels that have a private pool or deck where we enjoy being naked most of the time but we'd like to have the freedom of being able to use the beach too and experiencing a nude environment a bit more. The only problem is that my wife is a bit concerned about being nude in front of fully clothed staff. I suppose the closest we've come to being in a similar situation was when we had a couples spa treatment in a hotel in Thailand. We were in a private garden with an open air jacuzzi, showers etc. but we were naked in front of 2 staff for most of the time during the various treaments. It felt very romantic and a little bit decadent but it might have been different for my wife if the staff had been male. I'd be grateful if anyone can tell us of their own experiences. Do you feel self conscious being served in a bar or restaurant by clothed staff? Is there much staring or ogling at the pool or beach areas? Can anyone recommend a resort where first timers can feel comfortable in front of staff? (Preferably a resort with mainly couples.) Are there any resorts where the staff are nude too?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  12:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where do you want to visit? Do you want something there or are you looking to visit someplace in the US?

In Palm Springs, Ca there are a few places you can visit where some of the staff is nude but at all resorts we have visited, and we've visited many, most of the staff is clothed for various reasons, health code issues, they are NOT nudists, they have to conduct business where they should be clothed and the constant dressing and undressing is a hassle so they just stay dressed...

Here's a few...in Palm Springs, CA

Terra Cotta Inn; Couples only, owners are always nude but housekeepers, the manager are always clothed (they are not nudists) one of the office staff members has become a nudist and she is usually nude, the massuese is a nudist but is always dressed during massages.

Desert Sun Resort; Lots and lots of couples, but this resort is singles friendly but it isn't overwhelming. Staff is almost always clothed but some of them are nudists and are dressed for the same reasons already stated.

Living Waters Spa; couples only (last time I checked and we were there) owners are usually nude but not sure about staff because we've not seen any staff other than the owners! LOL

Morningside Inn; Couples, small and owner usually topless or nude. We've not stayed there but have visited twice. Nice place but would prefer to stay at Terra Cotta or - - - .

FP

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  10:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm always a bit disappointed when staff is not nude; surly there's not health code that requires gardeners or receptionists to wear clothes. There must be enough unemployed nudists (I know several) that the resorts could hire, instead of textiles. Just seems odd to have workers that don't follow the lifestyle.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  4:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gardeners are usually hired via contract. You'd have to find a nudist gardener and then, he/she, the gardener, would have some workerscomp issues and insurance issues to deal with if a errant stone or other object hit him/her while weedeating, mowing...etc.

I visited Deer Park Club a while back and talked with the female gardener that lived at Deer Park and was a nudist. She wore levi's and a denim shirt. Her shirt was unbuttoned and she was bare chested under the shirt.

I asked her why she just didn't work nude. She told me that it was part of the insurance policy that she would be dressed/covered to minimize injuries to exposed flesh. She'd rather work nude but couldn't and still have coverage for injuries.

Health code issues usually only affect those that are in the kitchen area and food handling process. I agree that I too am disappointed that more and more office staff aren't nude all the time while working but it becomes a comfort issue for them as well when dealing with the outside public, UPS, mail person, water delivery, sales people...etc. that come in to conduct business and they are face to face with a naked person and THEY are having a harder time with it than the office personnel.

That was the explanation I was given by the Manager at Shangri La Ranch in AZ. She's not only a nudist and manager but lifelong nudist and family member to the owners. She stated that too many times the outside person came in and just lost focus on what they were there for because the office staff was naked. So...they decided it was just as easy to slip on a pair of shorts and t shirt or long t shirt and not have to deal with that anymore.

Our very dear friend and massuese at a resort would love to work in the nude and has tried it, in the past, but many a guy that thinks that she will get more friendly towards them on the table made her put back on the clothes and not work in the nude anymore.

I don't think we can truly know what all the staff members have experienced when they have been nude while working. Many of them would prefer but something happened where they don't anymore and others....well...they aren't nudists but they are very good at what they do.

I also agree that there are lots of out of work nudist that would gladly work nude at a resort but...are they really suited for the type of work that these office people do.

At our club...one of the ladies lives on site, and works the front office. We see her giving tours all the time and she is nude but when she gets back to the air conditioned office, she hass to put her sweatsuit back on cuz she gets cold easily. She'd rather be nude but it isn't comfortable to be nude in the A/C.

Just food for thought!

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  10:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Points taken. Leave it to the insurance companies and lawyers to make life boring. And look at the problems even clothed massueses had with a guy like Al Gore. I guess having to interact with the clothed public (postman, Fed Ex, etc.) would put a damper on it. And A/C is the death of nudity...

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  9:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marsand Venus

Do you feel self conscious being served in a bar or restaurant by clothed staff? Is there much staring or ogling at the pool or beach areas? Can anyone recommend a resort where first timers can feel comfortable in front of staff? (Preferably a resort with mainly couples.) Are there any resorts where the staff are nude too?

Great input and first-hand experience from Fireprof! There are indeed a variety of reasons why nudist resort staff may be dressed.

On a side note, I've found rustic (aka "Mom and Pop") resorts to be a bit more "nude" than the larger commercial resorts. Often, the front desk person will be wearing minimal clothing - a T-shirt if anything. There might be a dressed worker - but it's usually an outside contractor. In all instances, the managers/owners were nude most of the time outside the front office; and the "staff" were members/volunteers - so also nude.

I've only been to one "commercial" resort: Paradise Valley. Even though staff and management were very friendly and respectful, they were all fully dressed, which can be a little off-putting. I know my wife had a bit of a hard time with it; whereas at the rustic resort she'd undress in the parking lot and remain nude throughout the day and throughout the resort, at PV she'd typically stay dressed in the front office and go nude only in the pool area. I think she never felt "quite right" about dressed staff walking around and interacting while she herself was completely nude.
If you think your wife may also be sensitive about dressed staff, then perhaps the rustic resort is a better choice.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  02:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How true...

After reading your post, Nudony, I thought about two clubs nearby. One we are members of, the other I have visited numerous times.

Both have front offices and a manned gate but one is more rustic than the other. At our club, the less rustic one, it is as I've stated and you and others have as well. Most, if not all, of the time the office staff is dressed. The General Manager has been called the "Clothing Cop" by regulars. He'll walk around the pool area and tell people that they have to be undressed when he is fully dressed.

There is always rules for the guests, members and residents and staff and they are never the same for everyone.

At the more rustic club, the owners mingle with guests, conduct business, all in the nude. The people at the gate...are nude and when they allow you in the gate they will usually come out of their house (guard residence) and wave to you. I think I've seen the woman with a t shirt on once or twice.

Now that you mention it...the larger more commercial venues tend to have more clothed staff than those smaller more personal places.

Good observation!

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  10:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I concur. In the rustic places the staff mingles more also. I love walking into an office and seeing the staff nude or topless...

SandC
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  9:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it would bother me that the staff at the resort we frequent are always clothed. But... it doesn't really. They see naked people all day long so I really don't feel that self-conscious around them. What DOES bother me is visitors to the resort that are walking around fully clothed. WHY GO THERE IF YOU'RE GOING TO WEAR CLOTHES???

jbsnc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2010 :  12:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems most non-Clothing Optional resorts require nudity in the clubhouse/pool area outside of health and safety issues. Most workers on campus to repair, build, etc. are clothed. OK by me. Don't know if I've been to a Clothing Optional resort.

Happy Nuding.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  1:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had visited a resort before and they stuck to being clothing optional for staff except for anyone working in the food areas, so if you were a waiter,cook etc you were clothed in uniform but aside from that I could walk into the main office and find a mix of men and women in various levels of undress.

upacreekju
Forum Member

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  6:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The concern about textile or nude staff seems like a bit of shyness. An electrician came to our room one time and I could probably assure you that he wasn't a nudist. So what. My wife and I are and if he or they want to work here, live with the nudity and stare if you're amazed. My wife carried on a conversation with him for 20 minutes. According to her, he was polite and absolutely courteous the whole time. If it was his first time to see a nude, he was raised by a monk.
My point is, if your nude and at a venue where it the 'norm' then what ever happens around you should be of zero concern. (I guess, if the fire department or police showed up, we might reach for a wrap of some sort. Odds/ about 0)
Can I get an Amen?

Jerry

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  6:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry- I agree about it being about shyness I prefer everyone to be nude in general just makes everything easier. But when I was at this resort where majority of the staff was nude the clothed staff did not seem any different to me by that if I went into the main office to get some info and I had both a nude and clothed staff member help me at same time it did not bother me but I can see how if this was your very first trip to the resort never been around nudism that going up to the receptionist and she greets you politely with her large breasts starring at you it could be like overwhelming for some. But overall I think general nudity around any clothed workers should be accepted by both parties.

cony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  08:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by renobiker

I had visited a resort before and they stuck to being clothing optional for staff except for anyone working in the food areas, so if you were a waiter,cook etc you were clothed in uniform but aside from that I could walk into the main office and find a mix of men and women in various levels of undress.

That is one thing I could never understand. Why do people working in food ares have to be dressed? If it is because of hygiene I don't buy it. The clothes they wear during work can get really filled up with gunge and it not be noticed. On the other hand it is immediately noticable if a naturist has gunge on himself, and apart from other things it is not comfortable.

Cony

single-dad
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  09:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Cony, the only thing I can think of is if they are hairy or incase they spill something hot on themselves. I do not see a problem why they can not be nude unless they are not comfortable with their bodies or exposed around other people. I know myself I love being clothes free, but outside of relationships, I have never been clothes free in mixed company yet. I would like to, but have not had the chance to get any where yet.

Mark

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  11:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with it being natural to have anyone who handles food clothed, the most I would allow is for the waitress to be topless, it is just sanitary reasons if cooking etc nude was much more sanitary for everyone then it would be a health code that all chefs cook nude.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Utopia Topic Next Topic: Woman would like C/O community  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved