Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 170 ]  [ Total: 170 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Starting a Clothing Optional, Nude Resort
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Insects Topic Next Topic: First trip to the club with mom and dad...  

rickb_cool

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  1:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit rickb_cool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like input on the ingredients necessary for starting a new nude/clothing optional resort. It will obviously be especially important to understand the legal issues in both developing and operating the resort. What are the issues that will arrise and how have they been handled n the past. How have people financed nude resorts? What restrictions are likely to be placed on a nude resort?

1970Alumni

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  10:25:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No personal knowledge on this - but there is a book called "Nudity and the Law" or something to that effect. I think it might be published by AANR. Google it or check Amazon.com.

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  12:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think that location is a consideration. If you choose a place that has many options already, it may be hard unless you offer something they do not. On the other hand, if you choose a place without legal competition, such as my state, Kentucky, USA, you will probably find out there are good reasons for the scarcity of competition. My closest resort is Rockhaven Lodge in TN and it was a sore disappointment to me. Others have given it rave reviews though, perhaps because it is the only game going in the area? My advice is to stay away from the bible belt unless you want to just plain take pity on we naturists stuck here. I would imagine it is impossible to find bank financing here, too. But if you tried and actually opened one, you would have me giving you a shot!!!!

Taxman
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  1:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rickb_cool

I would like input on the ingredients necessary for starting a new nude/clothing optional resort. It will obviously be especially important to understand the legal issues in both developing and operating the resort. What are the issues that will arrise and how have they been handled n the past. How have people financed nude resorts? What restrictions are likely to be placed on a nude resort?

A good spot to start is with your Excel program.

First take stock of your investment capital and what it will buy/lease.

Next move onto projectiong the operating costs by month plotted against the cash-in by month.

Now check for sources of cash for the negative months.

Finally, factor in your time and go from there.

This all assumes that you have crossed your legal T's and dotted the I's

Landlord
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  2:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having Started a business previously, I would suggest:
1. Follow Taxman's advice
2. Pay a CPA review your work
3. Pay a local attorney to review your proposed project and advise:
a. Legality under local laws
b. His opinion of hurdls
c. What else you will need to do to start the business.

While this may be expensive, it's cheaper than plunging a bunch of money then finding out you may not be able to complete it.

rickb_cool

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  10:31:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit rickb_cool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I appreciate the advise very much. I have an <BA and understand the process and details of starting a business. I am looking for some more specific experience and advise if available. The AANR book has been a good starting place but it does not discuss anything to do with any pragmatic details.

rickb_cool

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  10:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit rickb_cool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"<BA" should read "MBA"

NorthEastUSA
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  6:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit NorthEastUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You want my 2 cents. It has to be updated not so rustic. Family friendly. Have a great Pool and Maybe a small water park type splash zone. Good food options since we dont want to have to get dressed to go eat. Activities for the whole family including an activity director. Cypress cove in Florida has it right and so does White tail in VA. If you could take that to the next level your would have a winner. Also if you have the bucks to the land Ocean front would be ideal. I think the biggest problems with most nudist resorts is that they are old run down and too rustic for todays family. People are going to Disney resorts and Beaches resorts and on Cruises. Take that level of luxury make it Nude!

http://naturistfamily.net/forum/

TxLady1
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  10:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Send TxLady1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree updated and not so rustic. Clean is a high priority as is having good rental units for out of town visitors. Good qual ity infrastructure meaning roads, clubhouse and pool areas. I personally prefer clubs that allow BYOB. Food on the property gets my vote as well. So many nudist resorts are ran by people that don't understand the importance of having a good business model so be sure to run the numbers and make sure you have realistic expectations. Visit some clubs around the country to see what works and what doesn't work. Cypress Cove is a great example of what works as also is Laguna Del Sol in California. Don't forget to add in a friendly atmosphere and you're off and running.

Previous Topic: Insects Topic Next Topic: First trip to the club with mom and dad...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved