Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 466 ]  [ Total: 466 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 'INTERNATIONAL SYMBOL' to signify you are nudist!
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My Comment in the Newspaper (Edmonton Sun) Topic Next Topic: How we promote nudism
Page: of 2

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  2:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

When you see a Commercial Truck carrying Hazardous Goods, you will notice a Diamond Shaped Placard with a 4 digit number on it and a symbol (flammable or oxidizing,etc) For an example, a tanker truck hauling gasoline will not have a placard that says 'gasoline' but has a 4 digit number and a symbol.

Let's have a contest to see what we can come up with. Mine is a yellow triangle,like a yield sign with a 'N' in the middle of it.

These can be stickers for a car window etc. or go on T-Shirts or whatever!

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  2:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll think about this, but there are US traffic signs that are a yellow triangle with a black symbol. Meanwhile, your idea to use a Roman alphabet letter would limit the effectivenes of a truly internationsl idea to about half the World. Note that internationally recognized symbols, such as radiation or biohazard do not use any alphbetics.
One idea that has been used, starts with the international traffic sybol of a circle with a diagonal bar, over the outline of a bikini top and pants. That clearly says "clothing forbidden" to most people. With the circle and bar in blue instead of red, it could become a generalized logo.
Any other ideas?
What is missing is that I do not know of any World Nudist federation or organization that would be able to adopt and promote the logo, afterwards. You could start with AANR, or even have this website adopt it as a general design.

Edited by - balataf on 10/11/2009 2:13:55 PM

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  2:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My idea was to keep it as simple as possible. That is why I thought of a yellow triangle with the letter 'N'.

Nudist organizations in other countries would use the same yellow triangle, but with whatever letter that is the first letter for their word for 'nudist'

If WE are traveling to that country,we will educate ourselves as to what that letter is. And likewise for them,if they travel here.

The word has Latin roots, so 'N' would fit many countries.

Also, don't forget, English is the International Language in Commercial Aviation.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  08:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balataf

I'll think about this, but there are US traffic signs that are a yellow triangle with a black symbol. Meanwhile, your idea to use a Roman alphabet letter would limit the effectivenes of a truly internationsl idea to about half the World. Note that internationally recognized symbols, such as radiation or biohazard do not use any alphbetics.
One idea that has been used, starts with the international traffic sybol of a circle with a diagonal bar, over the outline of a bikini top and pants. That clearly says "clothing forbidden" to most people. With the circle and bar in blue instead of red, it could become a generalized logo.
Any other ideas?
What is missing is that I do not know of any World Nudist federation or organization that would be able to adopt and promote the logo, afterwards. You could start with AANR, or even have this website adopt it as a general design.

Someone here has an avatar like that. (I think he's in Malta)

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

ah2benude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  11:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great idea. As long as it doesn't look like a bumper sticker. There are too many of those as there is. Maybe something like a decal you could put on your rear window.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  2:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found free2tannude's idea being used here.

Here's balataf's preference on a nude beach sign.

Here are a few more ideas to keep your creative juices flowing. These are taken from the collection at WikiCommons, and other pages.

I wouldn't take that last one too seriously.

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  4:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The late Lee Baxandall, founder of the Naturist Society, once proposed an international symbol for naturism. As I recall, it was a rear view silhouette of a nude man, woman and child. Lee also proposed making the letter "N" a universally recognizable symbol for naturism. TNS still sells merchandise with the "N" prominently displayed.

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  10:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I actually never meant the sign to 'promote' the nudist lifestyle as such.

The sign was meant to be a 'signal' to other nudists.

PappaBare
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  07:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just like those international window signs, here is something I just put together.

I am the way I am, because it makes ME happy

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  3:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The "no bikini bottom" sign is great! That should be undertandable just about everywhere not ruled by the Taliban.

On second thought, where I was joking, let me point something out. Both the Afghan and Paki Taliban have had the policy of throwing battery acid into the eyes of little girls as a punishment for going to school. If that isn't worth fighting against, I don't know what is!

Edited by - balataf on 10/20/2009 3:05:24 PM

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  10:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Or, the icon could be like Superman's "S," only with an "N," instead. Of course, patent attorneys would have to be consulted, and they don't come cheap. Maybe good ol' Balataf will come up with the cash for that expense.

"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder."
George Washington

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  10:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by free2tannude

I actually never meant the sign to 'promote' the nudist lifestyle as such.

The sign was meant to be a 'signal' to other nudists.

In July, I was at Wreck Beach. I purchased a T-Shirt that said: Wreck Beach and Party Naked. The Vendor used the Harley Davidson Logo artwork for the background. I also purchased a Bic Lighter that said: Wreck Beach on it. I told the vendor that a License Plate frame would go over Big Time,IMO.

I would have no problem with this License Plate Frame on my '09 VW Jetta.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/28/2010 :  08:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The last thing I need is a T-shirt. Anyone marketing to nudists should be printing things on TOWELS.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2010 :  10:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The bikini bottom with the line through it is the most universal, however it says what you can't do, not what you can do. The idea of butt cheeks is pretty universal also, but it would take some serious graphic design work to refine it; don't what people thinking the beach is for a**holes only. I also agree the letter "N" could become a symbol (rather than a letter) if it was stylized and used consistently.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2010 :  11:04:47 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And what's with that "No Fat Chicks" symbol? I happen to love fat chicks. I have to admit it's pretty funny though...

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  4:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My idea is being used in the province of BC, but not for what I intended.

It is a triangle with an N on it. It goes on the back of your car when you are a new driver (probationary period) I actually asked someone who's car was sporting the sticker.

How about a decal that looks like the sun, yellow, with an 'N'

This would not look out of place on anything, vehicle, t-shirt, towel, cooler, etc.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: My Comment in the Newspaper (Edmonton Sun) Topic Next Topic: How we promote nudism  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved